Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate My Account Help

Jump to:

[ 149 posts ] 
 Post subject: Re: Reminder: Botting & Cheating -> instant and permanent ba
Posted: Feb 25th, '11, 23:34    

Shellen

Hugs: 14445
First - Visitor on Hydra doesn't open your own links and you can't choose which links will be opened by it.
Second - in your profile you can choose in which category your link will be visible. Knuffel links can be visible on Hydra only as "manual max" or "advertising" (you have a choice between this two list). Visitor open only links which are marked as "auto & manual".
Third - on this site one link could be open by one person only once per day. No matter if someone open it manual or by visitor.

Sorry for my english. I hope you understand what I wrote.

(0) (0)

Posted: Feb 26th, '11, 01:14    

Eaving

Hugs: 8110
Shellen, that's a good third point that you have there, but do manually clicked links ever make it to the auto-visitor list?

(0) (0)
Looking for: Halloween 2018 Knuffel. PM me!

Posted: Feb 26th, '11, 08:38    

Knuffel Moderator
Ziaheart

Hugs: 130261
Mood: *fingers crossed*
It sounds like she said that visitor feature gives you access to links labeled manual. I wouldn't use that site, then, Eaving.

(0) (0)
I have a material trading thread that lists all the mats that I own. I can help you with the quantity, but please don't make me go through it myself to figure out which of the mats you need are in my possession.

Posted: Feb 26th, '11, 09:16    

Eaving

Can we have a black-and-white list of sites that we can't use?

(0) (0)

Posted: Feb 26th, '11, 10:02    

Knuffel Moderator
Ziaheart

That's a little hard, since we don't know what sites are there and how they all work. Having a list could be construed as being an exhaustive list, and then we'd get people who would say "my site was not listed and thus I shouldn't be in trouble despite the fact that people on it uses bots", which would be problematic.

(0) (0)
I have a material trading thread that lists all the mats that I own. I can help you with the quantity, but please don't make me go through it myself to figure out which of the mats you need are in my possession.

Posted: Feb 26th, '11, 10:06    

Illustrator
Firn

Hugs: 213058
Mood: [¬º-°]¬
Since starkad added the option that people, who are not logged in, cannot feed a Knuffel more often than 20 times a day and each botting can be easily tracked down to an account there shouldn't be any problematic sites anymore.
If a KOfK user uses a bot on another user's Knuffel on such sites the user has to take the botting consequences, not the Knuffel owner (and before anyone gets any strange ideas - don't even think you can use mules and work around it like this, it hasn't worked for other people before you and they got their main account banned, and it won't work for you)

(0) (0)

Posted: Feb 26th, '11, 14:40    

Shellen

Hugs: 14445
Ziaheart wrote:It sounds like she said that visitor feature gives you access to links labeled manual.

No.
Links marked as "auto & manual" can be open either visitor or manual.
But another links can be open only manual in their cathegory. Visitor can't open them.

(0) (0)

Posted: Feb 26th, '11, 22:14    

Eaving

Ziaheart wrote:That's a little hard, since we don't know what sites are there and how they all work. Having a list could be construed as being an exhaustive list, and then we'd get people who would say "my site was not listed and thus I shouldn't be in trouble despite the fact that people on it uses bots", which would be problematic.

If you don't know how the sites work, then how can you be sure that they use bots?

(0) (0)

Posted: Feb 27th, '11, 06:22    

Knuffel Moderator
Ziaheart

a) because of how you described the process. That sounds like a bot. Anything that doesn't have a human manually opening the links is considered a bot; b) the fact that we do not know which sites use bots or not without knowing how they work is precisely the reason why I said that a list wouldn't work because it wouldn't be exhaustive, yet people would consider it exhaustive; and c) I don't understand why we're still having this discussion. Firn already said that with the addition of no-more-than-20-feeds-by-non-member feature, any and all site is fine.

(0) (0)

Posted: Feb 27th, '11, 06:52    

Eaving

Ziaheart wrote:a) because of how you described the process. That sounds like a bot. Anything that doesn't have a human manually opening the links is considered a bot; b) the fact that we do not know which sites use bots or not without knowing how they work is precisely the reason why I said that a list wouldn't work because it wouldn't be exhaustive, yet people would consider it exhaustive; and c) I don't understand why we're still having this discussion. Firn already said that with the addition of no-more-than-20-feeds-by-non-member feature, any and all site is fine.

If any and all site is fine, then why is botting a big deal in the first place? Something about this seems a little off to me.

(0) (0)

[ 149 posts ]