Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate My Account Help

Jump to:

[ 149 posts ] 
 Post subject: Re: Reminder: Botting & Cheating -> instant and permanent ba
Posted: Feb 6th, '11, 23:14    

Xroalia

Hugs: 17874
Mood: RSI
Though it saddens me that this announcement had to be made I'm glad to hear that botters won't be given a second chance. They, frankly, don't deserve a second chance.

XxDreamerYunaxX - That's not really the case. Even on sites where it's very easy to get stuff like Gaia there are bots everywhere.

(0) (0)

Posted: Feb 6th, '11, 23:16    

Saiyacookie

Hugs: 10112
Mood: Happy Holidays!
I'm sad to see that this announcement had to be made. There are enough ways to gain food on this site without resorting to using a botting software, and from what I understand, bots can cause lag on the site which makes the experience less pleasant for other users. :( Then again, I guess if a person is willing to use a bot in the first place, maybe they don't care about how it can affect other users?

(0) (0)
Rest In Peace, Dad.
11/16/1934-05/15/2013
Rest In Peace, Grampa.
1/1/1923-12/3/2012
I miss you, Joe.
3/4/1988-3/4/2011

ImageImage
Quest Items: 11/18 Groundsel
~ [Quick Feed/Play] ~

Everyone deserves the right to marry the person they love.
Human Rights Campaign

Posted: Feb 6th, '11, 23:20    

XxDreamerYunaxX

Hugs: 2339
Mood: Feeling Creative ~~<3
Aylin wrote:
XxDreamerYunaxX wrote:Personally i think people wouldn't bot if it were easier to get stuff. [...]What happened to the ones where you could give candy to people like the halloween event a while back?

First, I think I can understand what you mean. I get most of my food with selling coins to be honest and I'm impressed with all the people who manage to get lots of food without that. But I really don't know how you could make it easier. Especially now you can find up to 1k food while digging. So you would just need to spend some time and I don't think there are any other sites where it is different.
In case of the candy-giving-event: I believe Firn mentioned something like that it is too easy to get the candy (or whatever), because you can simple logg into your mules account and give your main candy without end. So it is a little too easy to get them and you wouldn't do it like it is meant to be.

Yeah, i get alot of mine from buying FC's and saving the TT items for a while. Once they're worth more than i bought them for, I sell them. Lol. I just "wish" it was easier, you know? Lol. Honestly i don't know how to make it much easier either....I mean it can be easy, you just have to put a bit of time into it. As for the candy thing i didn't even know about that! That sucks too....I enjoyed that one. I would always end up making friends because i would be exchanging candy with people. Now i hardly have any friends on here...One of the reasons why i'm only on to sell stuff or for the events. =\

Xroalia wrote:XxDreamerYunaxX - That's not really the case. Even on sites where it's very easy to get stuff like Gaia there are bots everywhere.

I had alot of trouble with Gaia....They seemed to be too greedy too. So i quit Gaia a long time ago. Also, i didn't know that gaia could be botted.... I honestly didn't think it was possible on that site, lol.

(0) (0)

Posted: Feb 7th, '11, 00:05    

Aylin

Hugs: 23974
Mood: off I go
XxDreamerYunaxX wrote:Yeah, i get alot of mine from buying FC's and saving the TT items for a while. Once they're worth more than i bought them for, I sell them. Lol. I just "wish" it was easier, you know? Lol. Honestly i don't know how to make it much easier either....I mean it can be easy, you just have to put a bit of time into it. As for the candy thing i didn't even know about that! That sucks too....I enjoyed that one. I would always end up making friends because i would be exchanging candy with people. Now i hardly have any friends on here...One of the reasons why i'm only on to sell stuff or for the events. =\

I personally don't want to spend much time with collecting food. People can call me stupid for rather spend my real money than collect the food, but I love this site and want to have every opportunity though I don't have lots of time for it. But I guess if you decite to spend much time with collecting food, you can also get lots of it. I remember in the beginning when I made all those polls. That's still a good way to earn some k and with knuffels it's also gotten easy. It's just a matter of time... ^^"
I know what you mean. I also thought that it is nice to give candy to friends or strangers. I had the feeling that it worked fine, but was aware at the same time that people are using their mules. It's just the easier way... =/
Maybe you should just go looking in some hangouts. It isn't really difficult to find nice people here. But the best way is to just make the first step... =)

(0) (0)
Image ImageImageImage Image Image Image Image

If I don't answer some post, just PM me. I suck at checking threads. ^^"

Materials I need:
7x Lava, 6x Bloodstone, 5x Crystallized Light. 13x Earth Potion

Posted: Feb 7th, '11, 00:13    

Suugar-Fiend

Hugs: 44876
Mood: .:::Sugarpiehoneybunchhhh..:::.
Aylin wrote:Linkexchange:
I don't get it to be honest. Why do you need to use it? You can click your knuffel instead of feeding others and it would have the same effect, I think. o_O

As i explained earlier in this thread
Link exchange sites help you click your knuffles when your not
available to click them yourself, provided that you have the necessary points to keep your link up.
I explained this here:
[x]
In case you missed my post
scroll down to the post with the cupcakes on them x3

(0) (0)

Posted: Feb 7th, '11, 00:14    

Moi

Hugs: 323778
Mood: Know you're not alone.

So in short, we're watching you <3

(0) (0)

"I'll miss the winter
A world of fragile things
Look for me in the white forest
Hiding in a hollow tree (come find me)
I know you hear me,
I can taste it in your tears."

Posted: Feb 7th, '11, 00:17    

Her Ugliness

Hugs: 31549
Mood: ⊙﹏⊙
XxDreamerYunaxX wrote:Personally i think people wouldn't bot if it were easier to get stuff. Some people don't have the time to go through pages on the forums and find event items, like the Reindeer (me...lol).

1. And "not having time" justifies cheating in your eyes?

2. Also, consider this:
If it was easier to get things, like the items from the shops or event items, it would mean that they would lose value, and so, food would lose value.
Let's say getting food was 20x easier. The consequence of this would be that people would bid 20x as much on old event items, treasure trove items, free items and all the other time limited items. It would only lead to inflation, old items being way harder to get (or, equal hard to get, because an item that cost 1000 before would now be sold by the users for 10000 as food would have less value to them) and in the end nothing would change. People would only try to cheat to gain the even bigger amount of food that was needed.

3. One of the points of avatar communities is to work and gain items by doing something for them. If you just want an avatar you can dress up neatly without doing anything for it you can just use one of the hundreds doll makers out there. You can use all the items there without doing anything in return, but what's the fun?

So, even if things were easier to get, it would not change the fact that there would always be people who wanted more and, in my eyes, is absolutely no justification to cheat.

In real life, money is hard to get. Some people work 40+ hours a week to earn their living! Is this a justification to scam, cheat and rob a bank? No? So why should it be here.
Would you say "but the poor man robbed the bank because it was so hard to earn the money with a honest job!"?

Sorry, but any kind of attempt to justify cheating is highly offensive in my eyes.

(0) (0)

Post subject: Re: Reminder: Botting & Chearting -> instant and permanent b
Posted: Feb 7th, '11, 00:21    

EllyAngelYukizato

Hugs: 28401
Mood: OMG, I'm back! :D
Firn wrote:
Yes, as stated in the announcement, these are allowed!
We don't want feeding Knuffel to be "a pain in the ass", we just do not want people to "cheat".

So auto-refresh in firefox (which is not a downloadable add-on, but just standard), is not allowed to help with feeding?

(0) (0)

Post subject: Re: Reminder: Botting & Chearting -> instant and permanent b
Posted: Feb 7th, '11, 00:23    

Illustrator
Firn

Hugs: 213587
Mood: [¬º-°]¬
EllyAngelYukizato wrote:
Firn wrote:
Yes, as stated in the announcement, these are allowed!
We don't want feeding Knuffel to be "a pain in the ass", we just do not want people to "cheat".

So auto-refresh in firefox (which is not a downloadable add-on, but just standard), is not allowed to help with feeding?

No. It is not allowed.

(0) (0)

Posted: Feb 7th, '11, 00:26    

Aylin

Hugs: 23974
Mood: off I go
BrokenAngel95 wrote:

As i explained earlier in this thread
Link exchange sites help you click your knuffles when your not
available to click them yourself, provided that you have the necessary points to keep your link up.
I explained this here:
[x]
In case you missed my post
scroll down to the post with the cupcakes on them x3

I read that, but I still don't get it. Why does it matter if you click your own knuffel or any other? You can't click others knuffel when you aren't online either, so you would collect point with 20 clicks instead of clicking your own knuffel 20 times just that the 20 clicks are made while you aren't online?
Sorry, I really don't get it... I feel stupid, but I just don't get it...

(0) (0)
Image ImageImageImage Image Image Image Image

If I don't answer some post, just PM me. I suck at checking threads. ^^"

Materials I need:
7x Lava, 6x Bloodstone, 5x Crystallized Light. 13x Earth Potion

[ 149 posts ]