Jump to:

[ 149 posts ] 
 Post subject: Re: Reminder: Botting & Cheating -> instant and permanent ba
Posted: Feb 23rd, '11, 10:02    

Illustrator
Firn

Hugs: 213752
Mood: [¬º-°]¬
jeanne wrote:The new limit of 20 feeds per day for a non Knuffel player will probably kill the interest for people to show their link on Yarold and it will probably mean less knuffel players, new as well as old, sad but then a new game will show up on the site and catch their interest.

It is a 20 feeds per day per IP limit, and not per Knuffel, therefore I do not really see this problem as still hundreds of people outside of KOfK can feed your Knuffel every day. Just not the same person more than 20 times per day, which, to tell you with all honestly, very rarely happens.

The user gains close to zero disadvantage of this.
On the other hand it forces botters to log in, which hopefully saves them from their delusion that, once logged out, we can't track who is feeding a knuffel.

Eaving: If you explained what the Hydra System does I could probably answer your question better. Otherwise I will just have to guess around.

(0) (0)

Posted: Feb 23rd, '11, 15:04    

Eaving

Hugs: 8176
Firn wrote:
jeanne wrote:The new limit of 20 feeds per day for a non Knuffel player will probably kill the interest for people to show their link on Yarold and it will probably mean less knuffel players, new as well as old, sad but then a new game will show up on the site and catch their interest.

Eaving: If you explained what the Hydra System does I could probably answer your question better. Otherwise I will just have to guess around.

Hydra System is a link exchange, like Yarold's.

(0) (0)
Looking for: Halloween 2018 Knuffel. PM me!

Posted: Feb 24th, '11, 02:13    

Starlight

Hugs: 6777
Mood: ' u '
I must've missed the fact that "refresh all tabs" was not allowed the first time I read this announcement - I sincerely apologize for any strain I have caused the system. ; A;

However, do we have to feed our knuffel one by one? There is a ~20 second interval between feeding/playing so the higher level knuffel I use to find rarer materials for quests would then take about 8-10 minutes each provided I timed myself between clicks. It would take about 2 hours of constant vigilance to get through all my knuffel, which is rather depressing.

(0) (0)

Posted: Feb 24th, '11, 03:10    

Knuffel Moderator
Ziaheart

Hugs: 130902
Mood: *fingers crossed*
Eaving, is the system exactly like yarold's? Or is there some differences? If so, how are they different?

Starlight, have you considered getting a Knuffel Crew at useffel.com? It makes feeding and playing with Knuffel more efficient.

(0) (0)
I have a material trading thread that lists all the mats that I own. I can help you with the quantity, but please don't make me go through it myself to figure out which of the mats you need are in my possession.

Posted: Feb 24th, '11, 03:26    

Moi

Hugs: 324051
Mood: Know you're not alone.

I've seen a few users use Hydra.
Though, when I pointed it out, Firn, you said it wasn't wrong to use link exchange sites.
You said it just didn't make sense to use it.

(0) (0)

"I'll miss the winter
A world of fragile things
Look for me in the white forest
Hiding in a hollow tree (come find me)
I know you hear me,
I can taste it in your tears."

Posted: Feb 24th, '11, 04:18    

Eaving

Honestly I'm not sure if the system is like yarold's; I don't use yarold's so I have no way of knowing.

And now I'm entirely confused...

(0) (0)

Posted: Feb 24th, '11, 08:58    

Knuffel Moderator
Ziaheart

In that case, why don't you explain to us exactly how the system works, so we can advise you better?

(0) (0)
I have a material trading thread that lists all the mats that I own. I can help you with the quantity, but please don't make me go through it myself to figure out which of the mats you need are in my possession.

Posted: Feb 24th, '11, 09:26    

Lilandra

Hugs: 28023
I've been using both systems, though I have to say that I don't like Hydra as much.

Yarold's works like this:

Once you have an account, you will add one or more links to your own link section (you need to have at least one active link for the system to work). Then, you click 'link exchange' where you'll be given a list of links of other users to click.

http://i52.tinypic.com/2d27s7d.jpg

Then you click one link which opens in a new window. When you click the links one by one, they'll all open in the same window one after another (which is very pleasant). Some links require you to do something, e.g. click on something on the site (like KofK where you click the food/toy). On those sites, your click is only counted after waiting for a few seconds as the site will believe you that you did your duty after that.

http://i53.tinypic.com/2cyk51f.jpg --> http://i56.tinypic.com/2h6ep3a.jpg

As you click, you gain credits, depending on the link (some give you more, others less). Now your link is shown to other users that can click yours which costs you credits.

How Hydra works:

Hydra works in pretty much the same way, yet it has quite some additional features, including upgrades you can buy for credits.

http://i51.tinypic.com/2z7o9lg.jpg

It also has some sort of 'Visitor', yet I'm not quite sure how it works (as Yarold's has nothing like this); however, I believe it to be cheating.

(0) (0)
ImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Rest in peace, Alessandro. You won't be forgotten.

:qn: From the holy sea of golden flames :qn:
Flies the last winged unicorn
With its magic breath of innocence
:qn: Rising to the crystal throne
:qn:

Posted: Feb 25th, '11, 01:45    

Eaving

Yeah, the auto-visitor is what I mean. Apparently you let it run and it opens tabs for you, refreshes every twenty seconds or something, and different links appear. Would the hydra system be outlawed completely for that feature, even though I don't use it? :P

(0) (0)

Posted: Feb 25th, '11, 02:14    

Knuffel Moderator
Ziaheart

Eaving, even though you don't use that system, that's not to say that someone clicking your link would not use that system on yours. You may have to incur the penalty if a bot clicks your Knuffel through Hydra, even though you were not the one to use that feature on yourself; thus, unless you are sure that the Knuffel will only get on the manual list, I would highly advise you against using it.

(0) (0)

[ 149 posts ]