Jump to:

[ 149 posts ] 
 Post subject: Re: Reminder: Botting & Cheating -> instant and permanent ba
Posted: Feb 27th, '11, 08:30    

Knuffel Moderator
Ziaheart

Hugs: 130265
Mood: *fingers crossed*
Botting is NOT okay. The sites are okay now because of the NEW FEATURE that doesn't let you feed Knuffel more than 20 times without logging in. This means that someone who is botting but does not have an account with Knuffel can only generate 20 activity with the botting software. Botting itself is not okay because it causes more traffic than there is supposed to on the site in terms of how many people are ACTUALLY browsing the site. Say there are 100 people online, but they're all botting that the traffic shows there are activity equivalent to 1000 people online. However, as there are only 100 people online, the ads are being viewed at the rate equivalent to 100 people viewing it, which means the site is getting 1/10 of the money from the ad view it should be getting according to the traffic, and the 100 people viewing the site donate like 100 people, and not like 1000 people as the traffic shows. All the extra activity kills the server, and since the administrators are only getting the 1/10 of the money they should be getting in terms of traffic, they can only expand the server to handle 1/10 the amount of activity going on in the actuality, and thus cannot stop the crash and lag.

(0) (0)
I have a material trading thread that lists all the mats that I own. I can help you with the quantity, but please don't make me go through it myself to figure out which of the mats you need are in my possession.

Posted: Feb 27th, '11, 08:37    

Eaving

Hugs: 8111
If botting isn't okay, then why are the sites okay to be used? I really don't understand. It's like you're contradicting yourself.

I understand what happens when someone 'bots'; it sounds like it isn't beneficial at all.

If botting is against the rules...but all these sites are okay to use...then aren't you saying that you can ban someone for doing something wrong that you gave them the means to do in the first place?

(0) (0)
Looking for: Halloween 2018 Knuffel. PM me!

Posted: Feb 27th, '11, 12:26    

Illustrator
Firn

Hugs: 213059
Mood: [¬º-°]¬
Eaving wrote:If botting isn't okay, then why are the sites okay to be used? I really don't understand. It's like you're contradicting yourself.

I understand what happens when someone 'bots'; it sounds like it isn't beneficial at all.

If botting is against the rules...but all these sites are okay to use...then aren't you saying that you can ban someone for doing something wrong that you gave them the means to do in the first place?

I never said that any site that uses bots is okay to use. The emphasis lies on the word bots though, not on site.
Bots are never okay. In no way.
All I said is that if you use any link exchange site and anyone there is using a bot (something that could happen ANYWHERE... people could use bots for feeding your Knuffel on KOfK itself, just like on any other website out there) to feed your Knuffel the person using the bot is found responsible and will be banned, not the Knuffel owner.
That is all.

(0) (0)

Posted: Feb 27th, '11, 13:18    

Artaletta

Hugs: 2191
Firn wrote:Since starkad added the option that people, who are not logged in, cannot feed a Knuffel more often than 20 times a day and each botting can be easily tracked down to an account there shouldn't be any problematic sites anymore.

I would like to clarify this point for myself. For example, I have ten knuffels, and three friends who have no accounts on this site. Whether has sense to me to ask the third friend to click my knuffels if other two friends have already made it? ^^

(0) (0)

Posted: Feb 27th, '11, 13:26    

Illustrator
Firn

Hugs: 213059
Mood: [¬º-°]¬
Artaletta wrote:
Firn wrote:Since starkad added the option that people, who are not logged in, cannot feed a Knuffel more often than 20 times a day and each botting can be easily tracked down to an account there shouldn't be any problematic sites anymore.

I would like to clarify this point for myself. For example, I have ten knuffels, and three friends who have no accounts on this site. Whether has sense to me to ask the third friend to click my knuffels if other two friends have already made it? ^^

I don't see why not.

(0) (0)

Posted: Feb 27th, '11, 14:02    

Artaletta

Hugs: 2191
Thanks for the answer! ^^

(0) (0)

Posted: Feb 27th, '11, 19:24    

Eaving

Hugs: 8111
Firn wrote:
Eaving wrote:If botting isn't okay, then why are the sites okay to be used? I really don't understand. It's like you're contradicting yourself.

I never said that any site that uses bots is okay to use. The emphasis lies on the word bots though, not on site.
Bots are never okay. In no way.
All I said is that if you use any link exchange site and anyone there is using a bot (something that could happen ANYWHERE... people could use bots for feeding your Knuffel on KOfK itself, just like on any other website out there) to feed your Knuffel the person using the bot is found responsible and will be banned, not the Knuffel owner.
That is all.

Thank you for the clarification; that was what I was looking for.

(0) (0)
Looking for: Halloween 2018 Knuffel. PM me!

Posted: Mar 16th, '11, 22:39    

Holly

Hugs: 18595
Mood: A bit tired...
I haven't seen anyone say this yet, but they probablly have. Are we allowed to like randomly click back and forth onto the forum in thought. I usually do this often on alot of things as thanks to snow I have been writing alot of reports. I'm sure I'll be able to break my habbit if this isn't allowed...

(0) (0)
Tiptoe through the window
By the window, that is where I'll be
Come tiptoe through the
tulips with me

Oh, tiptoe from the garden
... By the garden of the willow tree
And tiptoe through the
tulips with me

Knee deep in
flowers we'll stray
We'll keep the showers away
And if I kiss you in the garden, in the moonlight
Will you pardon me?
And tiptoe through the
tulips with me
R.I.P
Sammie
12/3/97~3/3/12

Posted: Mar 17th, '11, 05:39    

Knuffel Moderator
Ziaheart

Hugs: 130265
Mood: *fingers crossed*
Holly, I don't understand what you mean. Could you reiterate that for me? Click back and forth onto the forum in thought...?

(0) (0)
I have a material trading thread that lists all the mats that I own. I can help you with the quantity, but please don't make me go through it myself to figure out which of the mats you need are in my possession.

Posted: Apr 8th, '11, 05:32    

bluejay2000

Hugs: 23866
Mood: La la la~
I was wondering, what is botting? Sorry, I'm not much of a computer genius... :qhehe:

(0) (0)
・㉨・
Politicians and diapers have one thing in common.
They should both be changed regularly, and for the same reason.
- José Maria de Eça de Queiroz

・㉨・
Hangouts.
Fairy Tale~
The Epic Cave
Links In KofK.
Knuffels
Market Shop
Links Out of KofK.
FanFiction.
omelet's music blog.
・㉨・