Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate My Account Help

Jump to:

[ 149 posts ] 
 Post subject: Re: Reminder: Botting & Cheating -> instant and permanent ba
Posted: Apr 18th, '11, 19:50    

Asrodeia

Hugs: 1510

You have hugged Asrodeia!

I think she means, She hopes the negative opinions towards botting get SO SO strong, that just being SUSPECTED of botting would make everyone go like, "OMG you suck"

She also means, that she is sad that the people who bot don't think the knuffel are important enough to raise wholeheartedly and according to the rules. Even though they are warned, They keep doing it, showing that they don't place any importance on their knuffel.
That's how i read it.

Edit:
True. And I am not doki sama, so I don't REALLY know what she means, but my impression is that it is an antibotting statement.

(0) (0)
Finished Quests
::Tree Fertilizer:: ::Throat Lozenges:: ::Anti-Snail Spray:: ::Prayer Beads:: ::Magic Wand:: ::Proof of Love:: ::H2O2:: ::C2H5OH:: ::S'hroom Socks:: ::Scissors:: ::Hamster Car::
Please feed my Knuffel :)

Posted: Apr 18th, '11, 20:22    

Moi

Hugs: 322174
Mood: Know you're not alone.

It's not right to just assume someone did something because you're suspicious.
That is why each botting case needs to be looked into.

What if I said "Zia's a botter because ___" and everyone else jumped in?
Zia's completely innocent, and is being harassed for something she didn't do.

Having dealt with this kind of thing twice on this site, pure suspicion means nothing.

(0) (0)

"I'll miss the winter
A world of fragile things
Look for me in the white forest
Hiding in a hollow tree (come find me)
I know you hear me,
I can taste it in your tears."

Posted: Apr 28th, '11, 04:58    

LittleSea

Hugs: 44779
Mood: imprisoned
Hello, I'm new here and I just got a bot inquiry thing. I dunno I just thought I should say something. My computer is totally whacked out... I've had it since 2007 so it's kind of crazy. Pretty much the clicker is insane. Every time I click it usually autoclicks like 500 times, it's really frustrating. So I tried to click the jewel like the quest popup said but it didn't work and said it submitted a bot inquiry or something. So... just wanted to put that out there. :qsweat: :qsweat: (see? I just clicked the little sweat icon and it double-clicked. My clicker is cray-cray!!)

edit:
nvm. just noticed this post: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=24926

(0) (0)
My Material Shop
My Market Store
My Quest Log
My Knuffles Feeding Page
My Dream Av. Showroom

Posted: Jun 26th, '11, 08:14    

Sierrie

Hugs: 8708
Mood: Lovin' it :D
What exactly is meant by "messing around with URLs"?

Because I know adding "&d=f" or "&d=p" to the knuffel's url basically saves you a click to either feed or play, and I assume this is allowed since it's used in the quickfeed pages that the post says ARE allowed. (And I've seen it in several sigs.)

I have also been using a trick to make a bunch of item listings on the market- hitting the Back button once it's up takes you back to the enter password/confirm screen, and re-entering your pw and re-confirming will repeat your listing assuming you still have enough of the item to list.

After I told a friend about it, she suggested I re-read this post and after doing so I'm not sure if the trick is against the rules or not. If the feed/play trick doesn't constitute messing with URLs then I don't think this does either. Still, I wanted to make sure before I continue doing it.

(0) (0)
Rate my art? :3 -> Link

I'm pretty bad at keeping my material sales updated... So if you need some material and there's none listed in the market, feel free to PM me. :3
Yes! I finally got a gen 1 knuffel! >w<

Posted: Jun 26th, '11, 10:04    

Illustrator
Firn

Hugs: 212992
Mood: [¬º-°]¬
Sierrie: Both your methods are save to use.

(0) (0)

Posted: Jun 26th, '11, 19:17    

Sierrie

Hugs: 8708
Mood: Lovin' it :D
Awesome, thank you. :)

(0) (0)
Rate my art? :3 -> Link

I'm pretty bad at keeping my material sales updated... So if you need some material and there's none listed in the market, feel free to PM me. :3
Yes! I finally got a gen 1 knuffel! >w<

Posted: Jun 30th, '11, 01:46    

Nekomancer

Hugs: 802
Ah, it says no browser features, but do you consider tabs a feature? I use no refresh all, no scripts no bots but... I do use a TON of tabs.

I'll open up a few hundred pages all at once in the forums to search for materials and then I look at each page, then close it and move to the next. I will also open a few hundred pages with polls that I vote on, then close them one by one. That is okay, right? I am clicking all the tabs open manually, clicking all the links and polls inside manually, and then closing them all manually. No refreshing, no botting.

But I don't want to get flagged as being a bot.

(0) (0)

Posted: Jun 30th, '11, 02:50    

Knuffel Moderator
Ziaheart

Hugs: 130174
Mood: *fingers crossed*
That's fine. But please note that if you find a material/fairy in more than one of the pop-ups, you will forfeit them all except for the most recent one.

(0) (0)
I have a material trading thread that lists all the mats that I own. I can help you with the quantity, but please don't make me go through it myself to figure out which of the mats you need are in my possession.

Posted: Sep 9th, '11, 09:10    

Doom

Hugs: 1399
People cheat.... on KOFK?
Is cheating even necessary at all on this site?
I have no other response but to laugh like hell at the people who attempt to cheat on this site. It's not like it is that hard to get currency.

(0) (0)
Doomy
Official Apocalypse Pony

Posted: Oct 23rd, '11, 04:54    

Willow Evermore

Hugs: 42200
Mood: I just got a tablet as a gift!! Now if I knew how to use it.
:mcconf: Yesterday I was in the forums doing polls and searching for bats, when the pop-up came up for the materials. I clicked on...I don't remember which now but a message came on the screen and asked if I was cheating. I most certainly was not! I just clicked on the pop-up. Nothing else happened and I continued on. Posting and doing polls. I don't even have more than one tab open. Was is a glitch or what? I don't believe I was doing anything wrong. I have done some posting today and some polls and have had nothing happen today. Since I have only been on here since June of this year I am still kinda new at this I don't want to be banned from something I didn't do and that my daughter and I are enjoying together. Thanks

(0) (0)
BEWARE I MIGHT FEED YOUR KNUFFELS...Artwork by Lyrium

[ 149 posts ]