Hugs: 44904
Mood: .:::Sugarpiehoneybunchhhh..:::.
Suugar-Fiend wrote:
«.¸¸.•´¯`☽☾.¸¸.•´¯`»
xxxxxxxx.¸¸.•´¯`»
xxxxxxxxxxx.¸¸.•´¯`»
Noooooooooo :mccry: :mccry: :mccry:
Whyyyyy didn't we get the skin for the earth gen set that was
the perfect opportunityyyyyy... I was looking forward to this set coming out so much because I thought we would get the skin :mcsleepy:
We don't even have a proper doe skin yet....the doe skins we do have don't have those cute face markings like the knuffel has. Specially not the freckles and the eye markings.
.¸¸.•´¯`»xxxxxxxxx
.¸¸.•´¯`»xxxxx
«.¸¸.•´¯`☽☾.¸¸.•´¯`»
But the doe skin we have (Forestchild skin) has "freckles"? It just does not have the shadow above the nose. That would have been the only difference.[/quote]
«.¸¸.•´¯`☽☾.¸¸.•´¯`»
xxxxxxxx.¸¸.•´¯`»
xxxxxxxxxxx.¸¸.•´¯`»
That is where I have a few ideas my friend! Yes the doe skin does have freckles but they're not in the right place and they aren't enough of them (though that is subjective to my preference but you'll see what I mean I added a few more). Let me demonstrate. I have taken the regular doe skin and added a few details that I think are missing that the knuffel has (the heart in the chest is optional I just loved it there when I was drawing). I know in the doe skin in the cheek they're more on the side but in the knuffle they are right smack in the middle of the cheek, so I make that arrangement. I also made a more doe-like eye markings and the doe nose shape that connects to the lip.
Original knuffel face for reference:
Edits:
ImageImage
I used this version of the existing doe skin because it was darker and it made my changes easier to see but I don't necessarily think this is the most optimal shade of brown. So I made another edit with the colors of the knuffel, of course these are not the exact color you used bcs I can only pull it from the knuffel I am sure you have the correct shade. Also keep in mind that my shading isn't as good as yours would be because you have all the bases and separate layers to work with so you can separate the eyes and hair and I couldn't lol :mcheh: . So excuse the less than great mimic of your master art shading lol.

WHILE this color is the most accurate color for the skin of the knuffel bcs I pulled it from the knuffel itself I still don't think this is the best version of this skin. In the following example I created a hybrid version of the Easter Lavender skin and the doe skin with my edits and I think this is the most beautiful one so far:
ImageImage

This one I believe is the bestest hybrid (despite not really being the exact color the knuffel sports). I just LOVE the lavender skin color scheme and I'm not sure if we have any color in our current color scheme that is the same as the easter lavender skin??? I could be really wrong but anyway this hybrid is such a pretty color combo in my opinion and more closely resembles doe fur color i think? Sorry some of the freckles on the shoulders and arms got lost along the "main" color skin change bcs I accidentally drew over them. But I would love for the freckles to remain like in the first edited version I made

It's why i was disappointed we didn't get the skin because I thought you could do a really cool improved version of the doe skin we do have. I know they are very similar but I drew subtle differences that made it unique. After all we are no stranger to having similar looking items as GOTQ remakes are like that. Like subtly changed versions of existing items.

I hope I am making sense :mcsquee: . Please let me know if I am not. :mccute:
.¸¸.•´¯`»xxxxxxxxx
.¸¸.•´¯`»xxxxx
«.¸¸.•´¯`☽☾.¸¸.•´¯`»

(0) (2)

Post subject: Re: Treasure Trove Update
Posted: Mar 14th, '19, 23:25    

Dream-Baby

Hugs: 112850
Mood: dreaming behind my desk, waiting for my stories to unfold.
Oh pretty. :}

(0) (0)
Join me at Quetzal Palace in Furvilla.
Dream's personal Quote wrote:An insult is only insulting if you feel insulted.
You are a Fox!

Foxes are clever, perceptive, and shrewd. You're happiest working behind the scenes, pulling strings and watching others dance to your imperceptible tune. Independent yet highly social, you glide among your circles of acquaintance with ease, sharing your sharp wit or a delicious piece of gossip.

Image. Image

Posted: Mar 14th, '19, 23:51    

Suugar-Fiend

Dream-Baby wrote:Oh pretty. :}
«.¸¸.•´¯`☽☾.¸¸.•´¯`»
xxxxxxxx.¸¸.•´¯`»
xxxxxxxxxxx.¸¸.•´¯`»
Thank you dear! Please let me know which color version you liked best among the one I offered up, or any ideas on what color versions this skin could have that would match well.

I kept the doe freckles and face marking the same color (grey white) but obviously those could change as well to different colors along with the "skin base".

I've just been craving a doe skin like this, if you see doe's face they have that ring of white around the eye and sometimes they have like a patch of white on the chest. which I think is why I drew the heart in the middle so i think it'll still makes sense as a doe skin :mclove:

Of course this is just a rough idea of what I thought this skin could look like. I'm sure Firn could come up with other greater versions/ideas. I know shes really good at color matching and picking colors so she could choose a color from the existing batch that fits the set best. Idk I was just hoping we would get a doe skin like this with this set.

As I've mentioned before maybe this could also be offered as a regular "face paint" instead of a skin skin but idk the logistics of layering and stuff for that. What I'm saying is I would like it any way I could have it xD (the paint around the eyes, the little nose shadow and extra face freckles)
.¸¸.•´¯`»xxxxxxxxx
.¸¸.•´¯`»xxxxx
«.¸¸.•´¯`☽☾.¸¸.•´¯`»

(0) (3)

Posted: Mar 15th, '19, 04:56    

Akili Li

Hugs: 222332
Mood: contemplative
Are you thinking of the markings as a skin, the way we got the skin-snowflakes as a skin 'overlay' on top of other skins?
Or were you thinking of the deer skin as a whole, background and dappling?

(0) (0)
I want to buy or trade for these knuffels:
Earth Gen 18, Light Gen 19, Fire Gen 21, Air/Light/Water Gen 22, Light Gen 23, Earth/Light Gen 25, Darkness Gen 26.
Please PM me if you can help!

Posted: Mar 15th, '19, 05:46    

Suugar-Fiend

Akili Li wrote:Are you thinking of the markings as a skin, the way we got the skin-snowflakes as a skin 'overlay' on top of other skins?
Or were you thinking of the deer skin as a whole, background and dappling?
«.¸¸.•´¯`☽☾.¸¸.•´¯`»
xxxxxxxx.¸¸.•´¯`»
xxxxxxxxxxx.¸¸.•´¯`»
That is an excellent question lol. :mctongue: Let me clarify.
Ideally I would love for this skin to be a whole entity (as in the "base color" and "markings" are inseparable)
But I would not be opposed to having the markings be a sort of "overlay" on to other skins.

So in a way...whichever Firn like the idea of most xD. I'm just giving different options/ideas. :mcsquee:

I also just used the Easter lavender skin as a "base color reference" bcs I wasnt sure if it had an establish color palette counterpart (ex. Beige, rose gold etc). I think the Easter lavender skin color is unique to that skin and fit perfectly with my idea on how I wanted a more complete doe skin skin to look like. :mcwink:

But the colors I showed arent the only ones I would think would be good for this skin. We could have other color combos like grey white/marroon, grey white/ecru, ecru/rose gold etc etc. I just didnt have time to edit all those options xD.
.¸¸.•´¯`»xxxxxxxxx
.¸¸.•´¯`»xxxxx
«.¸¸.•´¯`☽☾.¸¸.•´¯`»

(0) (3)

[ 25 posts ]