yes  70%  [ 35 ]
no  30%  [ 15 ]
Total votes : 50
 Post subject: Summer event sugestion
Posted: Jul 10th, '18, 13:10    

Miky90

Hugs: 185380
Mood: Reading some manga ... Find me in the spaming section XD
First of all I would like to once more thank you for the amaizing event! The items are wonderful and the level prizes are great!

The only thing is that putting the 2 together (items in shop and prizes for ranking) is a bit unproductive at this point.
The total amount of currency needed to get all the items is about 5120 water points, wile by the time we reache level 10 in order to get the 2 event knuffels (witch I'm thinking most want) we would have gather almost 3 times those many. This would mainly lead to the decrese in value and interest in the items and also make the even not so popular once one reaches rank 10.

So I was thinking, if possible and popular, why not give us a little more insentive. By that I'm proposing making the room puppy avalaible by water points currency also.
Don't get me wrong, it should't be cheep by any standards. I was even thinking somewhere around 10k of water points a piece. That way users would still try there best, cuz the puppy is adorable, but it wouldn't influence the users who pay with FC for the items cuz if they bought it it probably means they didn't have much time to spend on the event to begin with.
Even if you could make it so the puppy doesn't give the 150 water points a day, I still think that would be fine.

I think this would also help with establishing the value of the special room items, cuz wile they are worth there value during the event, they are just cute room items once it is done, so users won't want to pay a excessive amount of fp for them and owners won't want to sell them for cheep. This way users would have a better sense of the value of the item by apreciating the work that is put into optaining it.

(0) (0)

Post subject: Re: Summer event sugestion
Posted: Jul 10th, '18, 19:43    

memoriam

Hugs: 216401
Mood: Mood.
In that case there would have to be 2 puppies, one as a functional item that gives out event currency, and then a second puppy (the same img) that would be simply a pet room item (not functional), but available for water points only.
I kind of like the idea :mcblush:

(1) (0)
In need of materials? Go to ~Memoriam's~
Free avatar/room items & knuffels!
Make the ⁂*ℭonfetti ℜain*⁂ with me!

Dec 21st/22nd 2016, R.I.P. Tila. We'll miss you, you cuddly little stinker <3
Dec 7th 2019, R.I.P. Candy. I'm sorry, my sweet little rumball...
Jan 8th 2020, R.I.P. Cotton. Farewell my golden adventurer </3
May 15th 2021, R.I.P. Kreska. I love you, angel...
Feb 3rd 2022, R.I.P. Kropka. Goodbye, my *starshine*
Nov 27th 2022, R.I.P. Strzałka. You will be missed, lazy ball.
Jan 5th 2023, R.I.P. Iskra. Spark until the end.
Jan 26th 2024, R.I.P. Mocha. You can fool around now, baby <3
Feb 22nd 2024, R.I.P. Latte. Now you are truly a free spirit...

Posted: Jul 10th, '18, 22:10    

Suugar-Fiend

Hugs: 44888
Mood: .:::Sugarpiehoneybunchhhh..:::.
«.¸¸.•´¯`☽☾.¸¸.•´¯`»
xxxxxxxx.¸¸.•´¯`»
xxxxxxxxxxx.¸¸.•´¯`»
I agree somewhat. I wouldn't mind the puppy being available for points as well but I have something different in mind.

I felt disappointment when I found that the puppy wouldn't help me in rank and regret buying it bcs I thought it would. Of course I realize it's somewhat my mistake, but I also wish it would have been more clear that the puppy only gives you water points and not experience. I thought it was one and the same and had no idea it was a separate thing.
Because I understood it as the Top List was determined by how many water points you had and not by "experience".
I'm not blaming Firn or Starkad or anything, I realize it was mostly a misunderstanding on my part, but I'm just sharing my experience in case some users also bought puppys to help with the event, thinking it will help them with rank too......only to realize it doesn't.

I'm pretty sure Firn did the water points like that to be nice to users? But yeah by the time you get to rank 10 its almost redundant the amount of points you'll have. I suggest maybe there should be an option of buying (with water points) another event knuffel? It could be an amount like 6k or 10k or whatever number would be necessary or fair. That way people who have the puppies can get the knuffel (which is what most ppl want I assume) and the puppies serve their intended purpose of helping those folk who do not have time to be throwing water bombs (while also helping the site, as event currency always helps so much).
Which is what you have to spend hours doing to get the knuffel. This way it can suck up all that "extra" water points that otherwise would HAVE to be spend on event items. And with those water points sucked up like that the event items won't lose so much value.

It would also be so that there would be more "extra" event knuffels available to others who can't buy puppies or participate. I mean that's not a requirement as I do believe you have to put effort into the things you want, but everyone has different circumstances. It could just happen that when the event came out life decided to implode or something. Anyway as far as it is atm I'm sure there won't be many extra knuffels around if at all.

I love this event! I love the idea, I love the ranking and all I just think we need to iron out these small kinks.
.¸¸.•´¯`»xxxxxxxxx
.¸¸.•´¯`»xxxxx
«.¸¸.•´¯`☽☾.¸¸.•´¯`»

(0) (0)

Posted: Jul 10th, '18, 23:41    

Miky90

I do somehow agree, but I was going for a proposual that wouldn't involve any extra work or too much work form Frin. Being able to spend the currency on the knuffel we have as prizes for ranking would also work, but again, in order to keep the decrease in value of the items, they would have to be pretty expensive and I'm not sure the points from the puppy alone would make them affordable.

To be honest I'm more excited about the items but since I there are also bonus items/knuffel, I'm also aiming for them. I just think it's a shame that these items that I consider gorgeous (I mean OMG the backgrounds are incredible) would be worth next to nothing if someone would try selling them, cuz mostly everyone would have them.

(0) (0)

Posted: Jul 11th, '18, 02:53    

Suugar-Fiend

Hugs: 44888
Mood: .:::Sugarpiehoneybunchhhh..:::.
«.¸¸.•´¯`☽☾.¸¸.•´¯`»
xxxxxxxx.¸¸.•´¯`»
xxxxxxxxxxx.¸¸.•´¯`»
I guess for the puppy they would have to code 2 images, one that is functional and one that isn't. And for the knuffel they would probably have to add the knuffels to the shop and attach a water point value. Since I am not a coder and I don't know how much work that would entail I can't say if one or the other is easier. :mcheh:

I thought more along the lines of the knuffel being a (nicer) way to sink all those water points that users who reach rank 10 will inevitably have (and give them an incentive to also keep going...as who doesn't like to have extra knuffels...at least I love to have the same knuffel in dif stages). I know for those who are just running on puppies will need to buy more, but that's just the price for not being able to participate for whatever reason.

I understand where your coming from, I really wouldn't want these items to be worth so little. The background is totally awesome!!! Like the first item that caught my eye when i first saw the event items.
.¸¸.•´¯`»xxxxxxxxx
.¸¸.•´¯`»xxxxx
«.¸¸.•´¯`☽☾.¸¸.•´¯`»

(0) (0)

Posted: Jul 11th, '18, 08:51    

Illustrator
Firn

Hugs: 213680
Mood: [¬º-°]¬
I am not so thrilled by the idea of having the Puppy available for Water points, as donations are extremely low as it is. I understand the logic behind the fact that someone who bought the pet to help him get the event currency will probably do so in the beginning anyway, but there might still be people who spend a fairy Coin just to have it as a cute pet. I don't know?

I prefer the option of having an option to purchase the event Knuffel with Water Points. What would be a reasonable price for that? 1000 Water Points?

(0) (0)

Posted: Jul 11th, '18, 09:40    

Miky90

I think it should be more expensive. In order to get to level 10 one would gather somewhere around 17k of water points. 5k would go on the items so that would lead to at least 12k of water points left. Considering that there are 2 knuffels, I would suggest making them at least 6k a piece, otherwise people would just buy them rather than try to get them by reaching rank 10.
Maybe it sounds like a lot, but the idea is to give use something to spend the rest of our water points on without getting 3-4 sets of the items (if someone wants to, that's ok, but with all those water points left that we can only spend on the items, we really don't have much of a choise).

And even then you have to consider that some users just want 1 knuffel of each. Witch would lead us back to the problem on what to spend the currency on if we only want 1 knuffel.

The main idea, weather we are talking about buying knuffels or the puppy, is to give us a very expensive item/items to spend our hard worked water points on.

I do think that the users who bought the puppy with FC should have a way of getting the ranking items and knuffel though. I think it's fair since they donated in order to participate.

(0) (0)

Posted: Jul 11th, '18, 09:48    

Fran

Hugs: 33881
I agree, if you're going to make the knuffels available to buy with water points,
it ought to be harder to get because of how hard it is to get them through the ranks.
I feel like I've been clicking nonstop but I'm still only rank 5. It's taking some effort!
I think 6k or more is suitable, because that would actually take a while to reach
and it would still encourage us to be around the forums to collect water points.

(0) (0)
`♥ } - knuffel f/p. | `♥ } - quest thread. | `♥ } - materials thread.
                    • [list][list]
      [/list][/list]

Posted: Jul 11th, '18, 09:51    

Illustrator
      Firn

Hugs: 213680
      Mood: [¬º-°]¬
      I am surprised to ever hear people say that something was too cheap. :mcheh:

The minimum of Water Points you get for reachin rank 10 ist 17500 and if you buy all event items you have 12360 left (assuming you only buy them once. Only a short while ago a user suggested we make events last longer so people could buy more spare event items, because she had missed out on past events and could not find anyone to sell the items to her. It's really hard to please everyone. :mcheh: )
      I assume most people do purchase extra event items though - for mules, for selling them later. So if you just buy one extra set, that would not leave enough Water Points to purchase one extra of each Knuffel if they were 6K, so that price seems to be stretching it a bit for me. But you're right 1K is probably too little.

(3) (0)

Posted: Jul 11th, '18, 09:53    

Fran

Hugs: 33881
      Oh! I guess that makes sense. :mcheh:
      I'm one of those people who only buys one of each item and knuffel, so I didn't consider that.

(0) (0)
      `♥ } - knuffel f/p. | `♥ } - quest thread. | `♥ } - materials thread.
                        • [list][list]
          [/list][/list]

[ 15 posts ]