Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate My Account Help

Jump to:

[ 28 posts ] 
 Post subject: Unique Knuffle Suggestion
Posted: Aug 4th, '18, 00:04    

LunaXO

Hugs: 40235
Mood: trying to get back into it!
Hello... this is going to be a about the Unique Knuffles..

I know I have only been playing this game for 2 years, but i love this website and how dedicated the owners are to keeping up the site even if times are tough. All the players try to support the game as much as we can because we enjoy it.. that being said, I believe the Unique Knuffle auctions are highly unfair.

The past 3 times the same individual has won the auction and a time before that. These knuffles go for millions of FP within the first day and the winner gets 3 of the knuffles. I understand they bid and earn it for playing for so many years etc etc.. but i'm trying to speak for the ones who can't afford FC every month to sell for profit or for new players who have 0 chance of winning these knuffles.

This allows (mainly) older players to have a HUGE advantage and win every time. This is HIGHLY discouraging for any sort of new player or less fortunate player on this site....

I think a better idea might be a lottery... allow every player to enter once for an equal chance. This allows new players to also participate in the game and have a chance at winning. Also, why does the one winner get ALL 3? Shouldn't there be 3 separate winners so the main people doesn't have a monopoly (if they wanted) over these unique knuffles? Further, if an individual wins, maybe they should be on cool down for the next auction so it gives others a fair chance?

Now, some of you might be saying "oh you are just mad you don't win". This is not the case. It's highly discouraging to me yes, especially as a collector and working hard to gain all of them, but also to OTHERS who I have talked to personally who feel the same way. It is difficult to make ALOT of FP on this website. Yes being active is amazing and we need more of it and yes you can play mini games, but even by doing all of that and playing with the market... 5mil+ FP is A LOT...Please do not take this in a mean way or anything like that. I just want to explain my point across how this is very unfair to most players of the website. Maybe not everyone agrees with me, but maybe some do. I would like to hear other opinions as well!

Locked due to being necroed. Please contact a moderator to reopen.

(3) (0)
My Knuffel Hunt <3 Will buy any on this list

Post subject: Re: Unique Knuffle Suggestion
Posted: Aug 4th, '18, 00:46    

memoriam

Hugs: 215030
Mood: Mood.
I see where you're coming from, and to an extent I agree. But on the other hand, I think the idea of the unique knuffels was to rid users wealthy in food points of said food points. So lottery doesn't seem like it would achieve the goal of 'food dump'. I agree, it would be more fair perhaps, but I also think it's quite fair for a wealthy user to finally have something they want to spend their ginormous amounts of currency on.

(4) (0)
In need of materials? Go to ~Memoriam's~
Free avatar/room items & knuffels!
Make the ⁂*ℭonfetti ℜain*⁂ with me!

Dec 21st/22nd 2016, R.I.P. Tila. We'll miss you, you cuddly little stinker <3
Dec 7th 2019, R.I.P. Candy. I'm sorry, my sweet little rumball...
Jan 8th 2020, R.I.P. Cotton. Farewell my golden adventurer </3
May 15th 2021, R.I.P. Kreska. I love you, angel...
Feb 3rd 2022, R.I.P. Kropka. Goodbye, my *starshine*
Nov 27th 2022, R.I.P. Strzałka. You will be missed, lazy ball.
Jan 5th 2023, R.I.P. Iskra. Spark until the end.
Jan 26th 2024, R.I.P. Mocha. You can fool around now, baby <3
Feb 22nd 2024, R.I.P. Latte. Now you are truly a free spirit...

Posted: Aug 4th, '18, 00:51    

LunaXO

i agree memoriam, I believe it is meant to be a money sink,but at least cap who wins... if someone wins one knuffle, they shouldn't be able to win again and again in a row... their should be a cooldown on it. Don't you think?

edit: And i believe it should be 3 winners not 1 winner for all 3

(1) (1)

Posted: Aug 4th, '18, 03:06    

Kiwi Cannoli

Hugs: 71130
Mood: zZzZz~
00Luna wrote:edit: And i believe it should be 3 winners not 1 winner for all 3
I agree with this, the only problem would be how the auctions work, there would have to be 3 separate auctions and whats stopping the same person from winning all 3?

(3) (0)
First Fairy: September 17, 2016
Second Fairy: October 12, 2018

Ultimate KofK Event Item list

Posted: Aug 4th, '18, 03:08    

LunaXO

Kiwi Cannoli wrote:
00Luna wrote:edit: And i believe it should be 3 winners not 1 winner for all 3
I agree with this, the only problem would be how the auctions work, there would have to be 3 separate auctions and whats stopping the same person from winning all 3?
top 3 bidders :p

(1) (0)

Posted: Aug 4th, '18, 09:05    

Illustrator
Firn

Hugs: 213027
Mood: [¬º-°]¬
I see and understand your concern, but what I would need here is not a suggestion how to alter the Unique Knuffel auctions that more people had a chance, but an alternative suggestion what I am to offer to users who have put lots of dedication, time, work, effort into aquiring great amounts of food - What are they supposed to do with all the food? What is their reward? The Unique Knuffel auction is meant as exactly that - A food sink for users who have so much food, there is absolutely nothing on this site otherwise they could possibly spent it on. So we need something they can do with that food, and, no matter how much I thought about this, I cannot come up with any idea what to offer them that would not put newer users who have not aquired so much food in a disadvantage. As soon as I give them some kind of "reward" that is desirable, other users will be sad they can't get it. And the alternative would be to give them something no one really wants, so others won't be sad, and that doesn't seem much of a reward. So no matter how I turn this around, I can't find a solution here that is both satisfying for users whith lots of food and users with little food.
So as long as I don't have anything else I can offer users to spend 10million food on, the Unique Knuffel auctions will proceed the way they are.
However, I do believe that, after a while, when the really huge amounts of food some users have are spent, users with more "normal" funds will also stand a chance. And Popodoki already said in the announcement thread that she is not planning on biding on the next auction.

Also, just to clearify something:
00Luna wrote: but i'm trying to speak for the ones who can't afford FC every month to sell for profit
Popodoki, who has won most of the auctions so far, does not donate every month. She is an occassional donator, but not a regular one. In fact, for the first years, she would mostly just donate 2.50$ from time to time - What I am trying to say here is that she is not in an advantaged position because she was rich and able to throw money at KOfK, but because she has been a dedicated user of KOfk for over 10 years, who has spent time and effort aquiring these food points. Why should she not be rewarded for her effort? Yes, having been a member of KOfK longer does put her into a position of certain advantage, as she had more time to require all this food, but it was not given to her for free, nor was it purchased with Fairy Coins, but it simply means that, having been a member of kOfK for a long time, she put effort into aquiring food for a long time.

Also, regarding the why a user gets all 3: It would be unfair in my opinion to give the same Knuffel to users who bidded much less. One user would get a Knuffel for 2 million, the next one the same for 1 million and the next one for 200K? That does not seem fair? How would that even motivate someone to bid? I, as a user in this position, would think "Why should I bid more? I don't need to be highest bidder to get the Knuffel".
The reason why there are 3 (or more) to begin with is, because we wanted to give other users who do not have so much food a chance to get this Knuffel through some other means. And that, actually, worked out excellent so far, because Popodoki is not only a dedicated and hard-working users, but also extremely generous: She gives away extras of her Unique Knuffel in the Charity forum via raffle. Has done so in the past and is currently doing it again. This means, absolutely every user, even if you are brand new and have 0 food, has a chance to get one of these unique Knuffel! I mean, how awesome is that? :qh: And pretty much exactly what you are suggsting?

(10) (1)

Posted: Aug 4th, '18, 15:23    

LunaXO

I understand it is supposed to be a food sink for older users, but that shouldn't give the newer or less fortunate ones with any sort of disadvantage.
my suggestion was already stated above saying that they should be changed maybe in a raffle situation with everyone have an equal chance or multiple winners if you want to keep it as a money sink. Prices will go up for sure even if multiple are sold. It shouldn't matter the price difference between all 3 being sold, because whoever bid the top highest did it because they wanted the knuffle.

If you really want to give something to the older users, you can do a daily log in calendar for rewards with 50-100-150 etc etc milestones on it. The longer you play and log in within the month the better the reward. This is just simply one idea out of others that is possible to reward older members.

Further, I never stated Popodoki spends a ton of money on the game or not. She wins the bidding system fair just how it was made and that is great. I have seen the raffle which is also nice of her, but what if it was someone else winning them??? What if they weren't so nice to do raffles for other users? Then no one else on the site would be able to get them. What she does IS awesome and i'm not doubting that.

A lot of people are hard workers, but no one new wants to come to a site and already be torn down because older members have such an advantage on certain aspects. Yes acquiring stuff takes hard work and a lot of effort, but limited knuffles with only 3 copies going to 1 person who will always win to the person with the giant set of funds is unfair.

again, this is simply a matter of opinion from the outside and seeing what is happening. It doesn't mean any harm in anyway. I don't mean to come off in a bad way. Thank you for reading and understanding

(1) (0)

Posted: Aug 4th, '18, 16:48    

TheReaperofSins

Hugs: 681
Mood: Sleepy
Yeah it's pretty dumb.
As a new player knowing that I'll NEVER be able to get a unique knuffel, it's hard to see a point in actually starting to play.

I will NEVER have as much as the oldest player who spends tons of money on the game, and with know other way of obtaining it, it's hopeless.

Make it a random event, make it a game.

Want a way to get people to spend their excess foodpoints? Add actual unique features or things to buy with them, rather than making a SUPER EXCLUSIVE thing that only one person can buy over and over, never letting anyone else have even a small chance.

(2) (2)

Posted: Aug 4th, '18, 17:32    

JellyBrain

Hugs: 162723
Mood: Ready - Aim - Emergency!!!
If you want to win one of those unique knuffel, you can participate in Popodokis mega contest!

There is art and writing!

Have a look, I linked it in my signature!

(3) (0)
To ALL you writers, artists and social media users!!

https://kofk.de/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=62128

My price pool you can choose from (contains more pls have a look!)

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Posted: Aug 4th, '18, 18:16    

Illustrator
Firn

Hugs: 213027
Mood: [¬º-°]¬
00Luna, I read your suggestion, but am afraid I do not understand how exactly your suggestion of a raffle would give users with 10 million food or even 5 million food an opportunity to spend such great amounts of food? (I mean, yeah, technically they could spend it on 10.000 raffle tickets, but that would lead to the same advantage of rich users and the same result of them most likely getting the Knuffel. And not only would other users still not get the Knuffel, they would probably be even more frustrated as they spent food on raffle tickets where they never stood much of a chance to win the Knuffel).
But maybe I missunderstood something about your suggestion?

And there is already a raffle. Why does everyone keep ignoring it, pretending like it does not exist? EVERYONE has a chance to get unique Knuffel thanks to Popodokis generosity.

(2) (0)

[ 28 posts ]