Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate My Account Help

Jump to:

[ 28 posts ] 
 Post subject: Re: Unique Knuffle Suggestion
Posted: Aug 4th, '18, 22:31    

memoriam

Hugs: 216561
Mood: Mood.
I also don't quite understand the purpose of a raffle if it's supposed to be a food sink. :mcconf:
And I don't see why it's so terrible that older users are at the advantage. They've been here longer, of course they're at the advantage. It's only logical and fair. They have older knuffels, they have more of older items, they probably have more food than new users. For example, I would love to have a pretty rare item that is Mantra of Light, but people rarely sell it and if they do, I can't afford it anyway. Does it make me want to quit the game entirely? No, because I am on this site for other reasons than just items.
My point is, if you're a new user, you start at zero. You're a younger user, you have less food or fewer items. It's just how things work. And if someone else than Popodoki wins a unique knuffel auction and keeps all the knuffels to themselves because for example they'd gladly have 5 of them for each stage, I still think it's okay.
Maybe with time the food sink is finally successful and other, less wealthy users can have a realistic chance of winning an auction. For now we just kind of have to deal with it. :mcheh:

(6) (0)
In need of materials? Go to ~Memoriam's~
Free avatar/room items & knuffels!
Make the ⁂*ℭonfetti ℜain*⁂ with me!

Dec 21st/22nd 2016, R.I.P. Tila. We'll miss you, you cuddly little stinker <3
Dec 7th 2019, R.I.P. Candy. I'm sorry, my sweet little rumball...
Jan 8th 2020, R.I.P. Cotton. Farewell my golden adventurer </3
May 15th 2021, R.I.P. Kreska. I love you, angel...
Feb 3rd 2022, R.I.P. Kropka. Goodbye, my *starshine*
Nov 27th 2022, R.I.P. Strzałka. You will be missed, lazy ball.
Jan 5th 2023, R.I.P. Iskra. Spark until the end.
Jan 26th 2024, R.I.P. Mocha. You can fool around now, baby <3
Feb 22nd 2024, R.I.P. Latte. Now you are truly a free spirit...

Posted: Aug 5th, '18, 16:17    

l-lappy

Hugs: 79486
Mood: Shinnie
In the end give it few months the excitement of this will be much lower and more users will have the opportunity to bid and win.

It's still new and exciting food points will dry up.

And yes so many users are not entering doki raffle I still find that so silly!

unique knuffels are just another fun feature to the site.

(4) (0)
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Posted: Aug 6th, '18, 13:51    

Ghost

Hugs: 24813
Mood: -u-
I have 2 things to say:

1. As a new user myself (yes my account is old but I didn't use it until June[?]) I don't really see a problem. This doesn't discourage me from kofk, in fact, I was soo shocked when I saw the price, and that Popodoki had won the last few knuffels as well, that it made me want to be more involved on here. I felt like I had been exposed to the extent of hard work and dedication on kofk, especially after talking to Popodoki and realising just how involved she is and has been on this site. It really made me think that even I could bid on a unique knuffel one day if I really wanted to!

2. UNIQUE knuffel. That is what they're called which is why I don't have a problem with only one person winning. Unique means one of a kind. Key word: ONE. If there is only one winner, it stays true to the name. In fact, I think Firn is actually being quite generous by giving away three knuffels. This gives the winner a choice to do what they want with them: give some away if they decide to, or keep one or all of them, knowing that they are the only person who owns this knuffel. Imagine if you got nothing after being a member for ten years, would that not be more discouraging for all members, including new ones, knowing that even if you put in so much time and effort you only get what every other member can get anyway? I really like the idea of owning a unique knuffel and think it is a great idea for long-time users. Its like saying thankyou for being a committed user, here is your very own knuffel that doesn't exist anywhere else. How is that not an amazing gift? :mcshock:

(9) (0)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Posted: Aug 6th, '18, 20:13    

cyan

Hugs: 23583
Mood: ♫♪ Schnee ♪♫
Not a fan of the uniques at all, ruined my collection for me.
I've never seen a game implement a feature that basically locks out 99% of the user base by default. And then expecting the one winner to be generous? I can't comprehend how this is a good idea.

E: I've seen your reply. What I mean, everyone loses out on this except for whoever is the richest person at that point. I've never seen a game throwing uniques at the richest user instead of doing it either at random or giving everyone a chance to earn it (via treasure hunt or whatever, with moneydrains involved in that. Like you need to buy completely insanely priced crafting components or whatever. Actually I think that might be fun. Going to the Alchemist and crafting a special Knuffel adoption ticket or something for huge amounts of materials and foodpoints and then having some exclusive Knuffel for this... oops sorry I'll shut up)

I can see that part of the appeal is the uniqueness. And there seem to be many people fine with this. I just wanted to throw my two cents in here too.

(5) (0)

Posted: Aug 6th, '18, 22:13    

Rubie

Hugs: 136289
Oh, I like cyan's idea of collecting materials for a knuffel ticket.

I will add my two cents as well. At first I was disappointed in the unique knuffels because I'm an addict and love all of them and I was not able to even fathom having enough FP for the first one to begin with. But that also motivated me to get my butt into collecting more FP, though still not enough to win a unique knuffel. So yes, I am working my way, saving-wise, to win a unique knuffel someday.

Another side to looking at this is that this is another form of custom knuffels. Instead of using real money, you are using the site currency. So I have been thinking of these two things as the same because essentially, they are. It might not be your design, but you are still winning that design as your own. I really hope this makes sense.

(6) (0)
Buying Lots of Stuff!

Come chat with me?

Posted: Aug 7th, '18, 01:52    

TheReaperofSins

Hugs: 683
Mood: Sleepy
cyan wrote:Not a fan of the uniques at all, ruined my collection for me.
I've never seen a game implement a feature that basically locks out 99% of the user base by default. And then expecting the one winner to be generous? I can't comprehend how this is a good idea.

E: I've seen your reply. What I mean, everyone loses out on this except for whoever is the richest person at that point. I've never seen a game throwing uniques at the richest user instead of doing it either at random or giving everyone a chance to earn it (via treasure hunt or whatever, with moneydrains involved in that. Like you need to buy completely insanely priced crafting components or whatever. Actually I think that might be fun. Going to the Alchemist and crafting a special Knuffel adoption ticket or something for huge amounts of materials and foodpoints and then having some exclusive Knuffel for this... oops sorry I'll shut up)

I can see that part of the appeal is the uniqueness. And there seem to be many people fine with this. I just wanted to throw my two cents in here too.

Finally someone who understands economics.
Good on you! :)
Much appreciated to see someone who see's how it can be really overwhelming and ruin an experience for newer players. I am new, but I for one could care less about knuffels, I just hate seeing other players that really like the game basically having their dreams crushed unless they shell out $1000 on a game just to compete with an old user who has nothing else to do.

(1) (5)

Posted: Aug 7th, '18, 08:02    

Sunlight

Hugs: 116527
Mood: Reflective
Website: http://kofk.de/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=13052
I'm fine with the auction as it is, but raffles would be a better food sink than an auction since it'd take away food points from anyone willing to try their luck rather than one super rich user. Though I suppose it doesn't narrow the gap between the richest and the poorest as well as an auction would.

(1) (0)
Zia's uncoloured mule

Posted: Aug 7th, '18, 23:57    

Kiwi Cannoli

Hugs: 71767
Mood: zZzZz~
Sunlight wrote:I'm fine with the auction as it is, but raffles would be a better food sink than an auction since it'd take away food points from anyone willing to try their luck rather than one super rich user. Though I suppose it doesn't narrow the gap between the richest and the poorest as well as an auction would.
I was about to say that each raffle ticket could cost about 10k to 15k but even then that wouldn't make a difference, if people are going to pay 1 mill for a knuffel then they'll pay 1 mill for 1000 raffle entries. :mcheh:
I like the idea of a raffle instead of a auction, but at the same time there really needs to be a food sink for those that have millions to spend and at the moment theres not really a better alternative.

(0) (0)
First Fairy: September 17, 2016
Second Fairy: October 12, 2018

Ultimate KofK Event Item list

Posted: Aug 8th, '18, 09:08    

Miky90

Hugs: 185483
Mood: Reading some manga ... Find me in the spaming section XD
I'm sorry but I don't agree with this thread on multiple point of views.

First, people keep saying older users have an advantage. I'm an older user and let me tell you I can't for the life of me gather more than 15k without spending it. It would be silly to get upset cuz others didn't find other items to spend there fp on and saved up in order to be able to eventually spend them in an auction.

Witch brings me to my second point: if someone has enough fp to get all the knuffels from past and future auctions it's there business. Why censor someone? Eventually the fp is going to run out and than that user is not going to be able to bid anyway.

The raffle is a terrible idea in my view. The way Popodokis making it is super, of course and we love her for that. But it's free and there is more than 1 winner. Imagine spending 100k on a raffle tickets and getting nothing!! Most users will stop participating after 3 raffles.

Giving 3 of a kind to one user actually gives the other users a chance of getting the knuffel by other means from the winner since having 3 of a kind makes it easyer to let go of 2 of them. If 3 users would get 1 of each there is no way they are ever going to let go of them!

Honestly, I think the unique knuffel auction is very well thought and should stay as it is. It should award hard working users that actually go digging, post and work for there fp, not just log on everyday or who donate to the site to keep it running. I don't like that I can't get a FC every month to get the MT set, but that doesn't make it unfair. Same with the raffle. Everyone is allowed to enter and I don't think it's unfair that some or most can't afford to enter. It's basically saying it's unfair for the highest bid to win the auction

(7) (2)

Posted: Aug 8th, '18, 12:29    

Momò

Hugs: 25448
Mood: Very tired Dx
@Luna
There is more to this than you know! Being smart about options in front of you!
Popodoki was not alone in the bids. 'We' were.
I came up with a plan so that we wouldn't spend much, much more FP's on the unique knuffle. I would let her win and pay for the 1/3 or 2/4 of it (depending of the amount there was). This more feels like a bite out of poor Popo. Simpy because you can't have all the toys too. Not to mention when the first unique knuffle came out Firn SAID it was to get the FP's down and out and to help get the FC's down in price as well.
WHICH it has! She is doing a great job!
For the next unique knuffle maybe find 1 or 2 people to go in with you. Your chances then would increase.

(0) (2)

[ 28 posts ]