Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate My Account Help

Jump to:

[ 28 posts ] 
 Post subject: Re: Unique Knuffle Suggestion
Posted: Aug 8th, '18, 13:10    

LunaXO

Hugs: 40411
Mood: trying to get back into it!
I never meant this forum to go in a harsh place. I will no longer be responding to it. Obviously it was a bad idea to show my feedback.
If you would like to lock the thread u can. Thank you. Sorry for the thread

(0) (2)
My Knuffel Hunt <3 Will buy any on this list

Posted: Aug 8th, '18, 16:23    

l-lappy

Hugs: 79475
Mood: Shinnie
Hope the special knuffle continue :mchappy:

(2) (1)
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Posted: Aug 8th, '18, 17:49    

Popodoki

Hugs: 110050
Mood: #TFnation23
I don't see any need to lock this thread. I feel everyone should get the chance to say how they feel about the auctions and the situation, without fearing repercussions.

There are absolutely no hard feelings whatsoever towards anyone stating their unhappiness with the auctions. Your opinions are all valid and you really shouldn't feel like giving feedback is a bad idea or frowned upon, you have every right to say how you feel Luna, and all others!

I have kept myself outside of this thread, as I have felt my personal perspective to be that of an outsider. It's easy after all to give a different opinion on a situation in which you have personally benefitted. I have won 5/6 knuffle auctions, and I now own a complete set of unique unicorn knuffles. So I don't really feel like its my place to be advocating either for nor against them, from my priviledged position?

Momo has bought one or more knuffles from me every time I won, and traded with me the other way around when I couldn't be around for the one auction due to work. She never sponsored me in any way, we did not share/add up our funds to work as a team with an advantage. There were multiple people bidding on the auctions, and I was outbid several times during auctions, where the 'outbid' pm stated a different username. So I am not the only user with a lot lot of funds (sorry to say, that must be very discouraging to read ;c)

Momo was just really smart and approached me first to ask if I was willing to sell her one knuffle when I won, at 1/3 or 1/2 the winning bid. And I accepted and kept up that deal cause I was never intending to keep the extras, and momo had enough funds to give me that fair price, and keep my funds high enough to keep having a good chance to win the auctions.
She never once placed a bid to raise the price for others, she refrained from bidding at all knowing that I was always willing to sell her one knuffle for the fair share of my winning bid. She's just smart c':

In the future I think the auctions will probably go down in winning bids. Because the system will have done its intended work, and like me others with high funds will have finally found a good source to spend a lot, will be content with what they get in return and thus pull back either to gather their funds back for future auctions. Or like me they will pull back when the set they really wanted is complete. There will always be people who cannot afford to bid/win an unique knuffle and they have every right to be sad about that still.

I personally conclude that 'you will never be able to please everyone' is at the center of the discussion, and an easy fix cannot be made. We'll just have to give the situation more time, and in the meantime all goes on c:

No hard feelings to anyone <3

I personally hope the unique auctions will continue, and that more users will get their chance to own one either through bidding or buying them from the winners. Right now my free raffle is still open to all regardless of their opinion on the auctions, everyone is free to join and get another chance at winning the recent unique knuffle!

(5) (0)

♥ Stefanie | 31 | infj | ace ♥
♥ Talk abt Transformers | Lolita fashion with me ♥

Posted: Aug 10th, '18, 18:51    

Neith

Hugs: 52986
TheReaperofSins wrote:Finally someone who understands economics.
Good on you! :)
Much appreciated to see someone who see's how it can be really overwhelming and ruin an experience for newer players. I am new, but I for one could care less about knuffels, I just hate seeing other players that really like the game basically having their dreams crushed unless they shell out $1000 on a game just to compete with an old user who has nothing else to do.
It's just about levelling the crazy amount of food people can have. Say it's a reward for their loyalty after that much year on this site.
I'm not exactly a new user myself but there is no way I'll win an auction simply because I was never active enough to gather all this food anyway.
Stop always blaming the "older users"or "cash users". If you start a game way after someone, of course you can't get the same level right away ! Well unless you pay for the content, but that's only fair when you give real money helping the creators of the content to live...
It's just about a few knuff among dozens of them ! It's not exactly like it was the only feature here, like you'll never be able to participate in anything.
Next is what ? Everybody that doesn't donate real money will ask for the Queen's gifts and free fairy coins because what, not fair either ? (And actually you can get the queen items by not donating now...) Or maybe there could be a starter pack containing 50% of the items that appeared over the last years so that there won't be too much difference between old and new users ?

And dreams crushed, please... -_- So if I tell you that I regularly miss treasure trove sets I think are beautiful cause I have to make choices, you're gonna cry over my despair ?

(5) (0)
CONTEST IS CLOSED

Posted: Aug 28th, '18, 09:36    

Sunlight

Hugs: 116490
Mood: Reflective
Website: http://kofk.de/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=13052
Well, like I said before, I have no problem with the Unique Knuffel Auction being run the way it is, and I'd like to add that I don't think it should change. Changing the rules around always feels unfair to older winners to me, somehow. But I still don't think it's a bad idea to add a paid raffle for an overall-site food sink. I did read this:
Miky90 wrote:The raffle is a terrible idea in my view. The way Popodokis making it is super, of course and we love her for that. But it's free and there is more than 1 winner. Imagine spending 100k on a raffle tickets and getting nothing!! Most users will stop participating after 3 raffles.
and at first I was going to bring up the fact that I've been on other avatar sites with infrequent, but regular raffles (maybe once every few months? at least once a year) and it's always been very popular. But then I thought, for Unique Knuffel's case, there can only be 3 prizes, whereas these raffles always had huge pools that were divided among numerous winners. I never bought many tickets, maybe around 5-10 per raffle, and yet I usually ended up with 1-5 prizes per raffle.

So it might be worthwhile to have raffles with cheap-ish tickets, maybe 100-1000fp per ticket, with numerous old limited item prizes to be won. That'd take away food points from everyone willing to spend food points on it and put some older items into circulation to boot.

But then again, I've never seen user-run raffles that were popular on this site that weren't free, so who knows. Maybe this site is the wrong audience for raffles in general. But a trial run might be worth it. Or maybe just a survey to see if there's any interest before putting any effort into running the thing. I don't know. Sorry I'm so non-committal.

(2) (0)
Zia's uncoloured mule

Posted: Aug 28th, '18, 18:16    

memoriam

Hugs: 216496
Mood: Mood.
I think if the paid raffle had old items for prizes, it would be quite popular.

(0) (0)
In need of materials? Go to ~Memoriam's~
Free avatar/room items & knuffels!
Make the ⁂*ℭonfetti ℜain*⁂ with me!

Dec 21st/22nd 2016, R.I.P. Tila. We'll miss you, you cuddly little stinker <3
Dec 7th 2019, R.I.P. Candy. I'm sorry, my sweet little rumball...
Jan 8th 2020, R.I.P. Cotton. Farewell my golden adventurer </3
May 15th 2021, R.I.P. Kreska. I love you, angel...
Feb 3rd 2022, R.I.P. Kropka. Goodbye, my *starshine*
Nov 27th 2022, R.I.P. Strzałka. You will be missed, lazy ball.
Jan 5th 2023, R.I.P. Iskra. Spark until the end.
Jan 26th 2024, R.I.P. Mocha. You can fool around now, baby <3
Feb 22nd 2024, R.I.P. Latte. Now you are truly a free spirit...

Posted: Sep 16th, '18, 06:45    

Bunnei

Hugs: 99739
Mood: Fall colors <3
i understand why some newer users would be frustrated by this, but why can't it be looked at as a goal for future? You can't expect to have as much or be able to gain as much from here as a new user, or fairly new user, and that is okay! It's part of being newer
I have been a member for quite a while and don't have the funds to spend on one of these auctions, but i think they are great! I don't mind, because like Firn said, some users have the funds, and it's nice for them to have something to use it on!
The community here is wonderful, and people like popodoki are part of why it is great.

:mclaugh:

(2) (0)
Buying some things here:
http://kofk.de/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=41727
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Posted: Dec 27th, '18, 22:23    

Chloe

Hugs: 27277
Mood: Bored stiff.. waiting for a Jan 23rd birthday for Hyoga..
In ways, could understand from both sides of the view.

I use to donate tons when I first joined but never had much interest within the avatar side of the site, I was more interested in the Knuffels so I really never saved up tons and tons of fps. I stopped donating when I moved and didn't have a steady income, food and rent was a little more important than avatar items otherwise, I would of loved to donate more.

There have been a few unique I would of liked to have but I would never justify the costs or didn't have the funds but do I plan to start donating each month for a set amount of fairy coins to sell towards gaining the fourth gen of the unique knuffels cause I love the number 4, plus still have a whole gen ahead so plenty of time to get funds set and ready, and I like Doki's idea - if I can't win one of the them, I will contact the winner and see about making a deal to obtain the ones I miss.

Might even save over the next few years to obtain gen 13 as well if the site is still around than.

(0) (0)
In Memory:
Jenni and Jessica
Two beautiful souls lost too soon.

I stopped fighting my inner demons years ago..
we actually enjoy picnics together now

[ 28 posts ]