Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate My Account Help

Jump to:

[ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Allow off site trading
Posted: May 1st, '18, 17:31    

Illyria

Hugs: 9975
Mood: Meh
Most sites these days, allow offsite trading. Furvilla, Flightrising, Dappervolk will when it opens, mycenacave, chicken smoothie etc....why not Kofk?
One advantage of this is that it might bring back some old players, who would like to get rid of their old stuff that has been rotting on their accounts for years (and taking things out of circulation...) but they might come back and be reinitialised to start playing again....similarly, it would open KofK to new players who might never have heard of the site before (this is how I started playing mycenacave and furvilla, by seeing people seeking stuff from these sites on flightrising so I signed up to see how easy I could make currency to trade for treasure.....and got hooked!) and they might love it and want to start playing...I can see the disadvantages to offsite trading in that it is risky, but all those other sites mentioned, scamming is very minimal and honestly, I don't think the world of KofK is very big at all for things like that to happen.
KofK can also have a disclaimer that says that it is at players own risk and they won't get involved if trades go awry...I think that the positives for offsite trading do outweigh the negatives.

Locked by a moderator. Suggestion has been addressed.

(0) (0)

Post subject: Re: Allow off site trading
Posted: May 1st, '18, 18:32    

Illustrator
Firn

Hugs: 212954
Mood: [¬º-°]¬
The big problem with off-site trading is what you mentioned - the pontential for scamming people.
If we allow it, we have absolutely no control over it.
If you trade KOfK items and/or currency on KOfK, we have a trading system that can guarantee you that you get what was promised to you. If you trade all your items on a different site for KOfk items or all your KOfK items for items on a different site it is extremely easy to scam you of all your items - You can send over your items that were part of the deal to a a person and get nothing in return and we have no means to check it or take any actions to punish the scammer.

If people want to take the risk and if we get feedback from lots of users that they want off-site trading to be allowed, I will gladly reconsider this. But so far I was not under the impression that there even was a high demand for it?

(3) (0)

Posted: May 2nd, '18, 23:48    

Bunnei

Hugs: 99000
Mood: Fall colors <3
I personally would never want to participate in off site trading. Too risky in my opinion, and there are no guarantees.
I have heard of a lot of other people getting scammed this way. I don't like to gamble lo
l
:mcdead:

(3) (0)
Buying some things here:
http://kofk.de/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=41727
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Posted: May 3rd, '18, 04:03    

Suugar-Fiend

Hugs: 44800
Mood: .:::Sugarpiehoneybunchhhh..:::.
«.¸¸.•´¯`☽☾.¸¸.•´¯`»
xxxxxxxx.¸¸.•´¯`»
xxxxxxxxxxx.¸¸.•´¯`»
I wouldn't be against opening off site trading. I just think it isn't really necessary? like Firn said there isn't really a high demand for it.
I personally wouldn't have any used for it. Honestly hadn't even crossed my mind till this post was mentioned. But it doesn't help KofK is the only avatar/forum type site I currently am hooked on/ no time to be on any other site lol.

It would be a "at your own risk" kind of thing, and i'm sure if people wanted to they could do it, just like in secret I guess. In theory.
When people put their mind to it anything can be done lol.

I think it's just that if people wanted to do that they must have already done so whether it's against the rules or not XD. And if they had and got screwed over then they musta just accepted it lol.
.¸¸.•´¯`»xxxxxxxxx
.¸¸.•´¯`»xxxxx
«.¸¸.•´¯`☽☾.¸¸.•´¯`»

(0) (0)

Posted: Jun 9th, '18, 20:58    

LunaXO

Hugs: 40231
Mood: trying to get back into it!
yes!!! I love offsite trading honestly ~ People would want to play and it might bring others back. Yes there is a risk of being scammed but most websites ban the users who scammed and most times restore the items to the users. People know the risk of offsite trading and they will just have to take that risk :O

I would be able to gather so much more on knuffles, older members have so much of an advantage it's unfair tbh. Ever since unique knuffles came out i kind of just lost interest due to how almost the same person wins every time. I spoke to a couple of members on here and they feel the same way. It would be easier to catch up to older members :/

(0) (0)
My Knuffel Hunt <3 Will buy any on this list

Posted: Jun 10th, '18, 09:16    

Illustrator
Firn

Hugs: 212954
Mood: [¬º-°]¬
00Luna wrote: Yes there is a risk of being scammed but most websites ban the users who scammed and most times restore the items to the users.
But see, I could not do that - Because if someone comes to me and says he traded an item from KOfK to another user and was supposed to get another item on a different site for it in return, but did not, I have absolutely no way to varify this, because I have no access to trade logs from other sites. I cannot ban a user just on such a clame, because I cannot proof it.
And I find it hard to believe that other sites ban such users without having any means to know whether what the user claimed was true.

(5) (0)

Posted: Jul 8th, '18, 17:09    

LunaXO

Hugs: 40231
Mood: trying to get back into it!
Firn wrote:
00Luna wrote: Yes there is a risk of being scammed but most websites ban the users who scammed and most times restore the items to the users.
But see, I could not do that - Because if someone comes to me and says he traded an item from KOfK to another user and was supposed to get another item on a different site for it in return, but did not, I have absolutely no way to varify this, because I have no access to trade logs from other sites. I cannot ban a user just on such a clame, because I cannot proof it.
And I find it hard to believe that other sites ban such users without having any means to know whether what the user claimed was true.
I understand and see that's the RIGHT mindset of an owner of a website. However... i know of first hand so many people get banned off FR or other sites due to one persons claim and they get banned. So it's just the risk people take. I don't get how a website can ever ban someone like that with no proof, so i understand where you are coming from.

Offsite trading is 100% trust with others. Usually people are SUPER generous about it. Their will be always 1 off issues that will arise, but you can't please everyone that way. I just think offsite trading will allow a lot of other people to join here :O

(0) (0)
My Knuffel Hunt <3 Will buy any on this list

Posted: Oct 27th, '18, 05:19    

Yokuutsu

Hugs: 10836
Mood: I just want to sleep
We have trading. Trade.

Off-site trading opens a can of worms. And plenty of websites ban off-site trading, though it is hard to prove it happened unless messages are exchanged on the website and not wherever it is off-site. Then you have to prove someone actually was scammed, and screenshots are easily faked.

So I'm definitely with Firn. It's a big can of worms and should not be allowed.

Though, at the same time, like I said it is hard to prove it so you could do it at your own risk I guess....(do not recommend)

(2) (1)
Questing: 12 x Silver Crown.

I am so far behind on castle quests.

Also: Always looking for MxM rps

[ 8 posts ]