Art Contest  15%  [ 3 ]
I don't make art.  45%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 20
 Post subject: Art Gallery Feedback
Posted: Dec 14th, '18, 18:47    

AlkseeyaKC

Hugs: 235961
Mood: I'm Blue dabadee dabadie.
I just wanted to express my thoughts on the Art Gallery.

I feel like if Starked is not updating or fixing the Art Gallery maybe it should just be taken down. Overall it's not looking good for your site to have something broken and outdated. I think people are using it less because they go there and see broken images.

I know it was said the art gallery was going to be replaced with an Art Contest. I don't think that's a good idea. Though I like the art contests in the past being once or twice a year. If we had a monthly art contest all the time. I would probably just not bother with it.

The main thing I don't like about the current Art Gallery is the star rating. I've never liked it on any sites that have done this. I feel like it would be better to use more positive encouragement a like button or people get points from commenting. But with that, people might as well just post art in the forums, which works fine but we just need more activity there.

Lastly, if the Art Gallery was removed and profiles tweaked to remove it. Maybe we could have a bigger viewing area for wishlist items. Kind of a small and slightly off topic but something that would be really nice. XD

Anyway, that's just my thoughts on it. No hard feelings. Maybe some other members have more feedback or ideas.
As always, Keep up the good work Firn and Starked. I know you mostly want to work on things that keep the most interest and that's for the best. :qh:

Locked due to being necroed.

(1) (0)

Post subject: Re: Art Gallery Feedback
Posted: Dec 14th, '18, 21:03    

Illustrator
Firn

Hugs: 213593
Mood: [¬º-°]¬
I fully agree with the first point and have asked him to take it down multiple times. Unfortunately that is all I can do. *sigh* :qcry:

Honestly, I myself don't event think the art contest will (or would, if it ever happened) be very popular, because even with the art contests that only took place 2-3 a year, we hardly had any participants in the end. But that's not because of art contests themselves, but just because of our overall low user activity, I suppose. And at least with the art contest I would actually enjoy looking at the art there, because it would be Knuffel themed. And I don't enjoy looking at the art gallery right now. Maybe others would feel the same, I don't know.

I just know that our user survey which we did a long time ago showed that the feature people care less about was the art gallery. Like, really. There were a lot of things only few people seemed to prioritize, like, sadly, the forums, but the art gallery was the only thing that really no one was fond of according to the survey.
Behold, my glorious notes I made about the survey:

I myself really didn't like the art gallery, but that was because I thought there was absolutely no kind of "quality control", so you had to look at pages of blurry photos and pencil drawings. That's what made it just not very interesting to look at for me, but I don't really see me being able to change that as I don't want to be the one who has to rate other people's art and say "You are not good enough". I would feel bad doing that and I think it would discourage people who might have great skills, but just need more practice. So everyone could upload everything and some artwork was great, but it was mostly drowned in not so great art. Especially the photo category was really getting bad. I haven't looked at the art gallery for, I don't even know how long and I can tell you that hardly anyone does. :mcconf:

(0) (0)

Posted: Dec 15th, '18, 03:32    

AlkseeyaKC

Looks like we agree on most of it. It's a shame that people don't post in the forms more. It's like one of the things I like to do most around here.
Chatting with friends and collecting adorable mens! :qh: Playing with avatars and collecting Items being next.

It was nice having art displayed on my profile was the most positive from the art gallery. People could get a snippet of what I do then click on my DeviantArt if they want more. At least that's what I looked at on profiles. But I'm one that loves looking at art.

I'm going to be starting up a youtube. If it goes well maybe we can do some cross promotion thing some time to help get more peeps here.

(0) (0)

Posted: Dec 15th, '18, 12:36    

JellyBrain

Hugs: 163850
Mood: Ready - Aim - Emergency!!!
It is a sad thing with the art gallery, and it is a total shame that I cant direct link from Deviantart.

And I really wished this would be a more used way to show off someones skills in drawing or writing or photographics etc.
I was thinking about making a Tumblr page just to link some art here.

But whatever you decide it will be okay, you cant make it good for everyone.
there´s always someone who thinks different about the same thing.

:qh:
We all appreciate upcoming changes!

(0) (0)
To ALL you writers, artists and social media users!!

https://kofk.de/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=62128

My price pool you can choose from (contains more pls have a look!)

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Posted: Dec 20th, '18, 22:49    

AlkseeyaKC

Oh yeah, I keep forgetting to give this feedback.

Why not just take the Art Gallery off the Community dropdown list. Then it's not linked here.

They'll still be on profiles until those can be updated. It may be the faster way to "take it down" than actually taking it down.

(0) (0)

Posted: Mar 6th, '19, 16:19    

JellyBrain

Hugs: 163850
Mood: Ready - Aim - Emergency!!!
I know that reheating old topics is like reheating spinach....not good...more like poison.

But I thought about, if you take down the art gallery, you might like to make something like featured fan arts of the (week/ month) whateverz.

Like the artist send you their art via email or so and you show them of in an announcement and everyone can talk about them, or so.

Was just a thought, because of Limikkins contest, where a lot of artist show their masterpieces.^^

You dont have to consider at all.
I will still do my fansies. If ye want or not! XD :qt:

(0) (0)
To ALL you writers, artists and social media users!!

https://kofk.de/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=62128

My price pool you can choose from (contains more pls have a look!)

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

[ 6 posts ]