Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate My Account Help

Jump to:

[ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Games page missing?
Posted: Nov 3rd, '20, 10:57    

Altira

Hugs: 79424
It seems the 'Games' page for Memory and Whack-a-Wuffel has disappeared from the site navigation row at the top. I can still access the original pages for the games, but only from my own browser history. I think it disappeared about 2 days ago?

I had to check several times to see if I wasn't simple overlooking it, and part of me is still worried that I did; if that is the case, I sincerely apologize!

(0) (0)
We need never by hopeless, because we can never be irreparably broken.
- Miles Halter, Looking for Alaska

Post subject: Re: Games page missing?
Posted: Nov 3rd, '20, 12:07    

Focsie

Hugs: 24994
Mood: stuck in a 90s fever dream
Hi! I can confirm it is in fact missing, and has been for a couple days, i too can still access the page but can't play them for more than one level because it gives me an error :(

(0) (0)
ImageImageImage
"Oh, you're leaving...
I knew that you would leave the forest someday, Link...
Because you are different from me and my friends....
But that's OK, because we'll be friends forever... won't we?"
| knuffel | quesᴛ ʟog | ʙazaar |
come hang out with us in sock's den! ♥️

Posted: Nov 4th, '20, 15:26    

Illustrator
Firn

Hugs: 212956
Mood: [¬º-°]¬
Unfortunately Adobe has decided to eliminate Flash by the end of 2020 and therefore our games would have stopped working next month, so we had no other option than to remove them. :mcsad:

(3) (0)

Posted: Nov 4th, '20, 23:30    

Altira

That makes sense, thank you for clarifying! It does make me feel sad, I've visited a lot of sites that used flash over the years for games (dress up, etc.), so it's weird to think that that will now be over. And Memory especially has always been a part of my KofK 'routine' :(

(0) (0)

Posted: Nov 4th, '20, 23:48    

Focsie

Hugs: 24994
Mood: stuck in a 90s fever dream
oh thank you, may I ask how we (well, especially new players) will be able to get FP? will there be something to replace the daily 1000FP a day won by playing the memory?
30 000FP a month were basically the only way i could still afford so many wild knuffels :mcsad:

(0) (0)
ImageImageImage
"Oh, you're leaving...
I knew that you would leave the forest someday, Link...
Because you are different from me and my friends....
But that's OK, because we'll be friends forever... won't we?"
| knuffel | quesᴛ ʟog | ʙazaar |
come hang out with us in sock's den! ♥️

Posted: Nov 5th, '20, 09:10    

Illustrator
Firn

Hugs: 212956
Mood: [¬º-°]¬
Saphira wrote:oh thank you, may I ask how we (well, especially new players) will be able to get FP? will there be something to replace the daily 1000FP a day won by playing the memory?
30 000FP a month were basically the only way i could still afford so many wild knuffels :mcsad:
I don't really have an alternative for you, I am afraid, though there are many ways to earn food on this site and we don't really get more than 2 or 3 new wild Knuffel each month, so you wouldn't need great amounts of food for that.
Selling Wild Knuffel, posting, polling, digging with your Knuffel on Candy island, leveling your Knuffel, winning the tropy in the Knuffel room contest (which is fairly easy as hardly anyone takes part in the contest), buying and re-selling Fairy Coins.
I will see whether we will be able to come up with an alternative, but I am afraid for now I really don't have any ideas and I am hesitant to pump great amounts of food into our virtual economy, as we have an inflation problem as it is. Fairy Coins used to sell for 10.000, now it's around 100.000, so there doesn't seem to be a shortage of food. :mcgloom:

(2) (0)

Posted: Nov 5th, '20, 13:05    

Altira

I've noticed the inflation as well, though I don't think the games were really a part of it: in my experience they were the best way to at least slightly keep up with the increasing prices on the market (though still not enough to buy FC :mcheh: ). I feel like the FC are a bigger part of the inflation because the more exclusive items and the fact that not everyone is able to buy them, which just creates a wider and wider gap? (Not saying this as a dig against FC though, I get that you have to make some money to keep the site running)

Everyone's playstyle is different of course, I don't post that much and don't have that many Knuffel. So perhaps it's time for me to slightly change that styel ^^

(0) (0)

Posted: Nov 28th, '20, 01:20    

ArtNote

Hugs: 31341
Mood: (∪。∪ )。。。zzZ
Awww I was just looking this up since I've been gone for a while, it's so sad flash is being phased out, I'll miss being able to get all nostalgic and play 'old' games;;

(0) (0)

Posted: Jan 1st, '21, 03:29    

Sirtaki

Hugs: 17112
RIP flash games, so sad to see another part of the old internet die. They must have been so much work to make, too.

(2) (0)
Image Image
Image Image
Skeleton wrote:I lost my arm. My precious ARM! ...I LOST MY ARM! BRING IT BACK! WHERE IS MY ARM? WHERRRE ISSS MY AAAAARM!!!

[ 9 posts ]