Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate My Account Help

Jump to:

[ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: "Paypal/card donations aren't supported in this country"
Posted: Nov 16th, '21, 18:59    

Shi

Hugs: 14478
I used to be able to donate using paypal/credit/debit card in the past but now KofK doesn't accept donations from my country
Just why? :mcsweat:

(0) (0)

Looking for:
Slumber Party Night Gown (Silver), May Striped Shirt (Silver)
ImageImage

Post subject: Re: "Paypal/card donations aren't supported in this country"
Posted: Nov 16th, '21, 21:43    

Amura

Hugs: 60375
Mood: Glad to be back! ^o^
While you wait for Firn to reply, maybe you want to read this previous thread which seems to be regarding the same issue.

(2) (0)
G U I D E - F O R - N E W - M E M B E R S

. A v a t a r . I t e m . G u i d e .
A work on progress, but already quite a bunch of sets to check!

Posted: Nov 17th, '21, 09:05    

Illustrator
Firn

Hugs: 213048
Mood: [¬º-°]¬
Unfortunately the reply is the same - We have not changed anything with our Paypal settings. There aren't any settings that would even allow us to exclude people from certain countries. It's some issue with PayPal and you can find many threads in the PayPal support forum from people with the same problem - But no official reply from anyone from PayPal. :mcgloom:

I suggest trying the same workaround I suggested to Mynah:
I suggested work around seems to be to send the money directly to the paypal account instead of using the donation button, so you can try that and hopefully it will work? Try sending the amount you wish to donate to [email protected], add a note with your username if that's possible (or send me a PM) and I can hand out the Fairy Coins manually.
I don't know whether this will work though, I never got a donation or any feedback from Mynah after that, but I don't know whether that's because it didn't work or she did not try.

(1) (0)

Posted: Nov 17th, '21, 15:15    

Shi

Hugs: 14478
Firn wrote:Unfortunately the reply is the same - We have not changed anything with our Paypal settings. There aren't any settings that would even allow us to exclude people from certain countries. It's some issue with PayPal and you can find many threads in the PayPal support forum from people with the same problem - But no official reply from anyone from PayPal. :mcgloom:

I suggest trying the same workaround I suggested to Mynah:
I suggested work around seems to be to send the money directly to the paypal account instead of using the donation button, so you can try that and hopefully it will work? Try sending the amount you wish to donate to [email protected], add a note with your username if that's possible (or send me a PM) and I can hand out the Fairy Coins manually.
I don't know whether this will work though, I never got a donation or any feedback from Mynah after that, but I don't know whether that's because it didn't work or she did not try.
Thanks. I tried sending $5 to [email protected] just now and it went though! I've put my username in the description. Could you please check if you've received the donation?

(1) (0)

Looking for:
Slumber Party Night Gown (Silver), May Striped Shirt (Silver)
ImageImage

Posted: Nov 17th, '21, 16:36    

Illustrator
Firn

Hugs: 213048
Mood: [¬º-°]¬
Yes, it worked. Thank you. You should have your FC now. I am sorry for the inconvenience, I don't know why PayPal is doing this.

(0) (0)

[ 5 posts ]