It doesn't affect me  31%  [ 10 ]
Food option  38%  [ 12 ]
Total votes : 32
 Post subject: Site Theme Option
Posted: Apr 16th, '22, 07:53    

chuunibyou

Hugs: 99457
Mood: spiritual
If I have to find enough popups this event I have to look at the screen for longer than my eyes can take, because even after optimising my monitor settings, the site is bright and my eyes are sensitive. Some websites have light and dark modes and many forum sites have a choice of different themes.

I want to suggest the option of choosing the previous theme (which was dimmer and easier on my eyes) so that whoever prefers this theme can choose this but whoever is like me can choose the previous one. I'm not suggesting that entirely new themes be made for dark mode. Just to make the previous one an option because the greens and greys had less screen glare than this one.

I do think that it's not just me who'd like an option. I know that one rationale for this new site theme was popularity, and Voltra, which is one of the most active avatar forums right now, has an option of multiple light and dark themes (if I'm not supposed to mention another site let me know and I'll edit this post. I mention it only as an example).

(3) (0)
Come chat with me at my hangout thread!
Stroctoperry wrote:Because KofK trumps homework, for some reason.
Death Candy wrote:I just realized that "take out" means food, dating, and murder. And if you were a female praying mantis you'd have all three.
Akili Li wrote:People talk about bravery in these super dramatic terms like it only applies to soldiers going to war, but for all that I think true courage is found in the hard every day moments of social interaction and standing up for what you believe in even when it's not life-or-death, when it's instead a matter of approval-or-ostracization among people whose opinions you care about. That's harder, to my mind. That's an ongoing, you have to live with it forever thing, instead of one single moment that's the exception instead of the rule.

First fairy found 28th May 2015
Second fairy found 11th May 2017
Third fairy found 9th Jan 2024

Post subject: Re: Site Theme Option
Posted: Apr 24th, '22, 21:00    

Sanuki

Hugs: 3747
I really do miss the old theme, it was such a nice shade of blue. Nows its so girly.

(1) (0)
••• S.h.o.c.k || A Permanent Spam Thread

Posted: Mar 11th, '23, 14:48    

chuunibyou

i would be willing to pay fairy coins for the option of choosing the older theme! if implementing the option of more than one theme is trouble, it can be made worthwhile by having it as a paid option. kind of like how username changes cost food.

(2) (0)
Death Candy wrote:I just realized that "take out" means food, dating, and murder. And if you were a female praying mantis you'd have all three.
Akili Li wrote:People talk about bravery in these super dramatic terms like it only applies to soldiers going to war, but for all that I think true courage is found in the hard every day moments of social interaction and standing up for what you believe in even when it's not life-or-death, when it's instead a matter of approval-or-ostracization among people whose opinions you care about. That's harder, to my mind. That's an ongoing, you have to live with it forever thing, instead of one single moment that's the exception instead of the rule.

Posted: Mar 14th, '23, 09:54    

Illustrator
Firn

Hugs: 212954
Mood: [¬º-°]¬
Mynah wrote: Mar 11th, '23, 14:48 i would be willing to pay fairy coins for the option of choosing the older theme! if implementing the option of more than one theme is trouble, it can be made worthwhile by having it as a paid option. kind of like how username changes cost food.
Unfortunately, it's more than just a bit of trouble, it would be months of work for starkad and since our current theme isn't even back to working properly since the phpBB update (Just look at this post. That's not how quotes are supposed to look like :mcdead: ) and it will probably take a few more months till starkad will finally manage to iron out all the little problems (if at all. He tends to just give up on issues at some point if he cannot solve them easily), I really don't see other themes as a doable option. :mcgloom:

(0) (0)

Posted: Mar 14th, '23, 14:07    

chuunibyou

:mccry: i thought that the old theme's code wouldn't be lost, and that's why i imagined it was doable. this is sad.

(0) (0)

[ 5 posts ]