Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate My Account Help

Jump to:

[ 1283 posts ] 
 Post subject: Re: Feature Requests - Post your ideas here!
Posted: Jul 17th, '08, 12:52    

Mikael Hart

Hugs: 193191
Mood: Hugs are death squeezes.
Website: http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/mikael-hart/6844374/
Firn wrote:What disturbs me a bit about Death Note is that they overdid it a bit to make it believable:
See, I think if Kira wanted to kill all these people just to make the world a better place it would be good (I mean, good for the anime!). It would bring up a really serious question: Is it okay to do evil in order to achieve something good? It would give anyone something to think about. You would wonder "Is Kira actually the bad guy or is he the good one?". But they messed it up by making him all crazy and "hahahaha! I will become the new god of this world" Harharhar!". You know? Like this they obviously made him the bad crazy guy. The anime would be somehow ...hmmm..."deeper" without this aspect.

And what I will never ever forgive them is that they killed L. How could they do this to me? :qsob:

Oh, hm, I see your point on the subject; I would've liked to see a version of Death Note where Kira didn't end up crazy, or so obviously directed as the bad guy.

I also see the point that the manga-ka was trying to make with the whole Kira-gone-crazy thing. I recall a curse for the Death Note owners (something about them and their family miserable or some ill-fate, was it?) Also, the murder of another, no matter how "righteous" the reason, is still a heavy burden on the murderer's shoulders. We can see that in the beginning of the story, where Raito showed signs of mental deterioration and remorse (wait, did he show remorse?) when he first realized that by using the book, he's cause the death of others. Maybe the manga-ka is trying to say that if you do wrong, no matter how good the intention, there will still be consequences for them. Kinda like eastern thinking of karma, maybe? (But if that was truly the case, then L shouldn't have died. XD; )

Yeah, I was pretty upset when they wrote L off too; I was never as fond of his replacements, which weren't as great in comparison to the real thing (and yet they were the ones that defeated Light? Oh, piffle!) The whole rivalry and battle of the minds was the best part of the story. Not only did L's death mean that he's, well, dead (which sucks), but it also meant that Light outsmarted him and is therefore of superior intellect. XP I don't really want to accept that.

(0) (0)

Posted: Jul 17th, '08, 13:04    

Illustrator
Firn

Hugs: 213072
Mood: [¬º-°]¬
You've got a point there. I've never seen it that way.

I always thought that Light and L were equal. It always seemed like this when they were having their mind games and I was so shocked when L died in the middle of the series.
I am such a horrible L fangirl..

Wait a minute, just let me take some photo... :qt:

(0) (0)

Posted: Jul 17th, '08, 13:08    

Illustrator
Firn

Ha! :qh:

(0) (0)

Posted: Jul 17th, '08, 13:20    

Mikael Hart

LOL. XD! Oh man, and I thought I was a fan. I guess more people root for L than for Light (L is so much cooler anyways. I really admire a character with quirks.)

Ahh, and it's 4am (past it) so I'd better get to bed now. XD; It was nice talking to you about everything; we should do it again sometime.

(0) (0)

Posted: Jul 17th, '08, 13:31    

Illustrator
Firn

No one can outrun me when it comes to fangirlness. :qlov:
And actually I should be out of that age.

Either way, good night then! :qh:
I'll have a busy weekend so I am not sure whether I'll have much time to talk (work at 5am tomorrow, the a friend's birthday party, Summer festival at University on Saturday...I wnated to wear my Yukata and it's going to rain. :qsob: ).

(0) (0)

Posted: Jul 17th, '08, 23:39    

Mikael Hart

I don't think I'll ever be too old for anime. Ah, wow, you do sound busy. Well, I hope it doesn't rain the day you want to wear your yukata then (wow, a yukata? I'm so jealous. XD)

(0) (0)

Posted: Jul 20th, '08, 10:42    

Illustrator
Firn

You should check out Our ToDo lists in the announcement forum.

This has been on the list for a long time now and is our next project after the Simmer Booth.

(0) (0)

Posted: Jul 25th, '08, 06:20    

Secret_Sun

Hugs: 18050
Mood: Lucky☆
Could you possibly make an archive of knuffels that are no longer available? Or maybe an archive of all the knuffels created so far?

(0) (0)

Posted: Jul 26th, '08, 02:57    

Treasured Helper
Vindrae

Hugs: 32677
Mood: Goooooood!
Actually and archive would be great!
I remember this being asked however and Firn told us that she didn’t like looking back on her old art. Even though I think the art was good.

So I second the vote for an archive, then I can see that lovely little green mer-person that I missed out on. He would have been my favourite out of all of the knuffel ;___;

*In fact I think I will draw fan art of him right now :qh:

(0) (0)

Posted: Jul 26th, '08, 21:26    

Treasured Helper
Vindrae

Hugs: 32677
Mood: Goooooood!
I don’t think that there will ever be a full body avatar because of all the work that would have to go into it. But there is good news, the personal profiles are on starkads to-do list. So some time we will beable to make our own profiles.

(0) (0)

[ 1283 posts ]