Total votes : 44
 Post subject: The Boy with a Thousand Faces 【 An Avatar Gallery 】
Posted: Jun 28th, '11, 08:28    

Mikael Hart

Hugs: 193187
Mood: Hugs are death squeezes.
Website: http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/mikael-hart/6844374/
→ ωєℓcσмє ←

Welcome to my avatar gallery! This is where I stick some of my favorite avatar creations, contest winners, and other fun little avatar-related content. Feel free to stick around and chat!

If you see two similar avatars placed together, the one on the left has recolored items, and the one on the right is the original.

*As images hosted on Photobucket are no longer stable, I've taken to slowly updating and reuploading all images previously featured in this gallery. Figuring out which items were used in which avatars is a slow process for me, so thanks for all your patience!*

Updates

09.20.17: Heroes and Villains is being updated. Images are up, but now I'm fixing the art links.
09.20.17: Avatar Contest Winners has been updated.
09.19.15: New avatar added in Contest Winners.
08.31.15: New avatars have been added in Contest Winners.
08.07.12: New avatars have been added in Wigs.
07.24.11: New avatars have been added in the Cross-dressing, Wigs, and Hairstyle 65 sections of this page.

(0) (0)

Post subject: The Boy with a Thousand Faces
Posted: Jun 28th, '11, 08:40    

Mikael Hart

→ cσитєsт ωιииєяs ←

Image . Image
【 Tipps Rabbits 】

Won first place in the Official Avatar Contest
Judge: Firn
Date: December 2010

Though I'm not quite satisfied with the background, I am quite happy that I've made an avatar that suits Firn's tastes (this was back when Firn did the judging herself.) I'm glad that I won her approval, in a sense, before the contest judging became member-based. I like the ears and headband combination for this avatar, as well as the avatar's many similarities to the plushie that he's holding (bow to bow, ear to ear, that sort of thing.) The top and overshirt go well together.

---

Image . Image
【 Sweet Tooth 】

Won tenth place at a score of 2.87 / 307 in the Official Avatar Contest.
Judge: KofK
Date: June 2011

A young elfin gentleman gets dressed up. Where does he go? To buy sweets. Who does he buy them for? Himself, of course; boys can have a sweet tooth too!

The heart and hat combination has got to be the greatest thing that's happened since hearts and hats were invented. It's definitely my favorite thing about this avatar, though I like the make-up of the background very much as well.

---

Image . Image
【 Gypsy Witch 】

Won first place in the Collector's Corner.
Theme: Vicious Voodoo
Judge: featherquill
Date: June 20-24, 2011

I wanted something a little eerie and somehow ended up with this. The skull and earrings are practically made for each other, and I like the eye patch and scar combination.

---

Image . Image
【 Prom Geek 】

Won second place in the Collector's Corner.
Theme: Prom
Judge: Gatito x3
Date: June 27 - July 01, 2011

Herpderp, I actually dislike the mouth for this avatar, but it suits the geekiness of the theme so well. This is/was an entry for the Collector's Corner's avatar contest, with the theme of the contest being "Prom." I actually had a hard time with the corsage but decided with a white one after the pink and turquoise ones seemed to blend in too much with the over-shirt or the suit. I like the suit-over-shirt-ribbon combination best of this avatar. :)

---

Image . Image
【 Lady McDonald 】

Theme: Majolica Wig
Judge: Luipi
Date: July 11-15, 2011

Every time I use red and yellow together, it reminds me of Mc Donald's. Though you can't really tell, I'm actually wearing the Fire Generation 5 Dress in this one; I'm glad I was able to put it to good use.

---

Image . Image
【 Celestial Gallant 】

Won ninth place at a score of 2.89 / 130 in the Official Avatar Contest.
Judge: KofK
Date: August 2012

A gentleman of the stars, he patiently listens to the wishes and dreams of the young hearts who call upon him.

I created this avatar for the sake of the medal that I treasured but rarely wore. I'm loving this new hair that Firn made, and would definitely use it more often in the future.The pink of the frame doesn't quite match, but hopefully it's not too noticeable.

---

Image . Image
【 Vaporskin Patroller 】

Theme: Fairies
Judge: Hime-asahikage
Date: August 10-14, 2015

Adept in pitched whistles, bird calls, and sylvan mimicry,
these androgynous faeries keep watch over the mist-laden woodlands of old.

---

【 Overgrowth】

Won first place in the Collector's Corner.
Theme: Earth
Judge: Hime-asahikage
Date: August 10-14, 2015

I'm pretty sure I began on the head-wear when I first started this and became amazed at the sheer amount of stuff I was able to throw on. The difficulty came when I had to keep up with all the shades and colors that had been thrown in, but I'd like to think that it'd turned out pretty well.

---

【 Dormouse 】

Won third place in the Collector's Corner.
Theme: Wonder-filled Tea Party
Judge: elaine3305
Date: September 14-18, 2015

The base for this avatar was the dormouse [rat] theme, with sweets being gradually added to the avatar [starting with the scarf]. The butterflies were a little random, but it adds a nice touch of clutter.

---

【 Atalanta 】

Won third place in the Collector's Corner.
Theme: Harvest Celebration!
Judge: bombus
Date: September 21-25, 2015

The central items for this theme were the apple and apple earrings --from there, I was able to draw additional elements, such as the leaf top and hair accessory, and the green-teal combo to create the outfit. When I picked out the freckles, it only seemed natural for the red hair to follow.

The name "Atalanta" comes from a Greek mythology involving golden apples.

---

【 Graceful Cat 】

Theme: Kitty
Judge: Batman
Date: September 04-10, 2017

This avatar was created around the cat ears and hair, essentially. I wanted to keep the colors bright, since I knew that Batman was a younger judge and took a chance in guessing that she might appreciate something in a lighter, more playful tone. The patterns on the robe, sarashi, and ball ended up working well together (very elegant), with the stars of her face paint and sleeves giving off a more fun, youthful tone.

(0) (0)

Posted: Jun 28th, '11, 08:42    

Mikael Hart

→ нєяσєs & vιℓℓαιиs ←

These four characters were originally created for a story of antiheroes and villains. After the Devil's Top was redrawn, I decided to give some of them new outfits.

Image . Image
【 The Magician 】

The Magician is an antihero who follows his own views of justice. He believes that nothing in the world is free and lives accordingly; services are offered when there are benefits involved, and little interest is expressed in a request otherwise. Pride and greed are his main faults, but perhaps that's just how he wishes to be seen.

In terms of abilities, the Magician uses elemental magic. His primary element is water, with ice and fire being his secondary elements.

I like the item combination in the Magician's first outfit, especially the hair and Sea Ears combination that give the illusion of a sea scale mole. I also liked the top hat and Devil Horns combination that makes it look like he only has one horn, and the way the Puppet Strings Lace Necklace gives the Devil's Top a touch of elegance.

[Gallery]

[Mikael Hart]
[AkaruiNeko] [AlkseeyaKC] [asseraa] [Ayame] [Bumblehelga] [ChocolateCosmos] [cookiers] [fizzfairy5] [Greed] [KokoroAkira] [Lacrimosa] [Lan-neko]

[Live_Evil] [M-chan] [Miyanko] [Moi] [Oceannist] [Panda] [Pepper-spaz] [Posie1200 01] [Posie1200 02] [qtstripes] [romesilk] [R0se_0f_Fire] [Rox] [Sabreisk] [seiracchi] [SentientAppendix] [SillyChu 01] [SillyChu 02] [Sin 01] [Sin 02] [Sin 03] [Sin 04] [Sin 05] [Sin 06] [Sin 07] [summercanfly] [unknown] [victorianwinter] [Viva] [youngju]

[Lan-neko] [ShohitsuKurai]

---

Image . Image
【 The Chimera 】

Feiron Dimichele, better known as the Chimera, is an acquaintance of sorts to the Magician. I suppose if Mikael is the cool badass one, then Feiron would probably be the more open and easy-going type.

Feiron's elemental magic is equally balanced between earth and fire. He can fly, but as he possesses the wings of a peacock, cannot do so over long distances.

I actually prefer the remake of this avatar to the original. Though the background blends in too much with the leaf items, his eyes and expression make him seem more boyish. The skin and star tattoos also suit him well.

Art: [Mikael Hart]

[Ashiya] [Blue_umbrella] [Bumblehelga 01] [Bumblehelga 02] [ChocolateCosmos] [Greed] [Hiper15 01] [Hiper15 02] [KokoroAkira] [Lacrimosa] [M-chan] [OrangeCookie] [[P][a][n][d][a]] [Posie1200] [Sin 01] [Sin 02] [victorianwinter]

---

【 The Antagonist 】

A cunning villain with a twisted sense of humor, the Antagonist wreaks havoc wherever he goes. In the game of cat and mouse between him and the Magician, he almost seems to effortlessly maintains the lead.

I'm fairly certain I created this avatar for the sake of the hat. I have been a fan of the eye patch-monocle combination since my days on Gaia, though it actually originated in a forum I had moderated before that as a sort of inside joke with one of my friends. I think I was very happy to find some use for the horn at the time.

Art: [Bumblehelga] [BunnehBear] [candywuver] [Hiper15] [OrangeCookie] [RainyBoo] [Rzx282] [Sin] [victorianwinter 01a] [victorianwinter 01b]

---

Image . Image
【 The Witch-Boy 】

The solitary witch-boy has great powers, but his distant nature makes for an ambiguous role. He seems to have his own agenda, but exactly whose side is he on?

I couldn't decide on whether I preferred the version of with or without the hat, so I ended up keeping both versions. I was very happy to put the Halloween top to good use; the rabbit ears and antennae combination is also a favorite.

Art: [AlkseeyaKC] [Ashiya] [ChocolateCosmos] [KokoroAkira] [Lacrimosa] [MasterPoshi] [Oceannist] [[P][a][n][d][a] 01] [[P][a][n][d][a] 01b] [[P][a][n][d][a] 02] [qtstripes] [Rzx282] [Sin]

(0) (0)

Posted: Jun 28th, '11, 08:51    

Mikael Hart

→ нαιяsтуℓє .o1.←

Once I've found a new favorite hairstyle, I rarely experiment with others (that aren't wigs). This hairstyle is my first favorite, the first hairstyle selection in "The Cutting Crew." I like this particular hairstyle for its cheery anime effect.

【 Devil 】

A mischievous little fiend.

Though this avatar has very few items, it was the combination of the Vampire Collar and the necktie that I liked best.

Art: [Albichan] [Ankokun 01] [Ankokun 02] [Celestay 01] [Celestay 02] [Deirdretonbo] [Jamberryicecream] [Jiulytheblackcat] [Lilchaoskitten] [Moi] [Pepper-spaz] [Reanna] [Rosemaryjayne] [Sabreisk]

---

【Panda】

This boy absolutely loves Pandas.

Art: [AlkseeyaKC 01] [AlkseeyaKC 02] [Celestay] [Deirdretonbo] [Giraffie] [Jiulytheblackcat] [Kaylanoelle] [LilChaosKitten] [Moi] [pandycanes] [Pendraval] [Telstel with Preciouspixels base] [Reanna] [Yuuko]

---

【 Formal Wear 】

One of the few avatars I saved with the old eyes before they were replaced.

---

Image Image
【 Golden Bird 】

These two were supposed to be a matching set of sorts; female and male, but they both ended up looking like girls because of the Mermaid Eyes. XD;

I really like the Quin items and the PTK shirt, but I don't have an opportunity to wear it as often as I would've liked.

(0) (0)

Posted: Jun 28th, '11, 08:53    

Mikael Hart

→ нαιяsтуℓє .29. ←

Hairstyle 29 is another one of my favorites. It reminds me of those anime school-boys in their high-collared uniforms; I also particularly like the lock of hair that curls over the ear.

【 Pagan Deity 】

I love this headwings and ears combination. The peacock robe, mantra, and background also all go very well together.

---

【 Love Kimono 】

I remember having difficulty deciding between the blue and pink ribbon, as well as the blue and pink kimono. The peacock tiara makes him seem wealthy to me.

Art: [Moi]

---

【 Leviathan 】

I was experimenting with the skin, mostly, thinking that it would be difficult to create an avatar that I liked with it, but I proved myself wrong. I used the Halloween eye patch for lack of a better one at the time, but I might go back and revise it someday. The flame items make no sense underwater. XD;

Art: [Lacrimosa]

---

【 Summer Witch 】

It's a bit simple, but I like it anyways.

---

Image Image
【 Nature Angel & Devil 】

Another set of simple avatars. The white and red roses look well together for the first one, I think.

---

【 Circus Boy 】

I remember liking this avatar a lot; the frame, background, and top go well together.

---

【 Simplicity 】

I wanted to use both the top and hairclip; it turned out to be a good combination. The wings and headband also look good together.

---

【 Steampunk 】

Man, this top goes with everything. XD Anyways, I wanted to make an avatar with Steampunk items. The sword goes very well with it.

---

【 Festive Birthday Outfit 】

Another color combination-based avatar. I think I was trying to create something that would go with the hat.

---

【 Midnight Hipster 】

Aha, perhaps not quite a hipster, but it's what the shades and expression remind me of.

Again, the focus is on the colors. The Rose Frame and background look pretty good together. I also like the wings and top.

---

【 The Beast 】

...As in "The Beauty and the Beast," aha. Again, when faced with a skin that seems tough to build from, I like challenge myself with it. It goes well with the ears and tail, surprisingly. The top is just lovely (even if I do say so myself); the collar emphasizes with the neck and blends in with the ribbons of the overshirt that's hidden beneath the cloak; the cloak itself makes the avatar seem more broad-shouldered, and the top beneath complements the armwarmers that go with the vambrace. Add the yellow Halloween Background and it's a work of genius!

(0) (0)

Posted: Jun 28th, '11, 08:54    

Mikael Hart

→ нαιяsтуℓє .56. ←

I like hairstyle 56 for its windy look. I also love asymmetrical hairstyles. :)

Image Image
【 Fashionable Asian Something 】

There were so many different color combinations I could use for this avatar that I decided it was better to save two different versions, rather than agonize over the differences. I think what I liked best about these avatars are the colors, rather than the item combinations.

Art: [Moi] [Nihal]

---

【 Ninja Beast 】

I really, really, really love this face-mask. It makes my avatar look like an animal without actually having to be one. The mask makes him look like a ninja to me, but I suppose he could really be any sort of warrior type. The roses on the glove and tattoo go well together, as does top and armor, and the staff and winged ears.

Art: [[-Luna-]]

---

【 Something Dark 】

An outfit to match Lord Wuffel; I like its overall effect, but have no particular favorite bits in this avatar.

---

【 Hybrid Plushie 】

This is color-oriented avatar with a plushie theme. I think the stitched skin goes well with any plushie, and I like how the ruffle goes with the top. :3

---

【 J-Rock Rabbit 】

Though it has a simple background, I like the overall look of this avatar. The panda skin makes for just the right type of "eye make-up" and the top covers the dual coloring of the skin. The way a single star rests just on the neck is pretty cute to me; also, though he's wearing lipstick, considering that it's a J-rock theme, it lessens the feminine feel. Again, I love dressing my avatars in cheap and simple tops and being able to produce something good of it; I also like the top's combination with the overshirt. The rose on the hat and the rose on the glove is rather nice as well.

(0) (0)

Posted: Jun 28th, '11, 09:04    

Mikael Hart

→ нαιяsтуℓє .65. ←

This tousled hairstyle actually has a very K-pop feel to me; it has just the right amount of volume and I like the slightly thicker eyebrows that add a touch of masculinity.

【 An Elegant Gentleman 】

With a quill poised in hand, a young noble ponders over the grace of prose as he writes a letter back home to his sister.

I quite like the combination of the two headpieces for this avatar, as well as the different items that make up the top.

---

【 Golden Merman 】

KC and Jamby both made merfolk avatars, so I wanted in on it too! The water element and seafolk mertails were already used, so I went with the golden mertail for this one. I think the collar and armwarmers go together quite nicely, and of course I love these awesome headphones. Also love the star tattoos.

---

【 Night Imp 】

A creature decked in primary colors, he loves to play tricks on the unaware.

---

【 Snow Festival 】

Just wanted an avatar with the golden horns. The lack of massive headgear makes the avatar look more simple to me than it is, but it would be difficult to see the horns with too much stuff on my head. The neck ribbon and overshirt turned out well for this especially.

---

Image Image
Image Image
【 Sailor Hart · Tuxedo Hart 】

Is your city overrun by evil aliens, diabolical geniuses, and lunatic villains? Have no fear! Justice will be served with style when Sailor Hart hits the scene; he'll put those criminals back in their place with his wit, charm, and dashing good looks! (*cough* Was that a bit too much? Okay perhaps that was a bit too much...)

Sailor Hart (aka. Tuxedo Hart) comes in four versions, each with their own "behind the creation" story. I'll explain: the origin of his creation came from a certain KofK thread, where Chaoskitten and a number of other friends started a "magical girl meets KofK" sort of hangout. Each member was to make their own version of a sailor scout and send it in to be approved. What started from one avatar became four:

Sailor Hart o1. This first version of Sailor Hart met the original requirements (background and Blath items) and is still a favorite, however, as he is the first "tuxedo" type (that is, non sailor scout character), he did not meet up with the requirements that followed after "tuxedo" types were taken into consideration, and had to be revised. It should be noted that the horns for the giraffe ears were edited out on this and the following related avatars.

Sailor Hart o2. This is the modified version of Sailor Hart. After numerous suggestions made by fellow members, as well as personal inspiration, an approved avatar was created.

Sailor Hart o3. When Sailor Hart is not out patrolling the streets or fighting crime, he clothes himself in casual-wear like any regular civilian would. Without his identity-concealing eye patch (PFFT), his numerous enemies are unable to recognize him.

Sailor Hart o4. This last version is just me messing around with more new items as KofK updated. I'm a big fan of patchocles...monopatches (eyepatch monocles), and though this isn't quite it, well, I say it's close enough. Ha.

(0) (0)

Posted: Jun 28th, '11, 09:06    

Mikael Hart

→ ωιgs ←

Since I'm constantly buying OC/avatar art and new items, I've been broke several times over during my experience in the forum. Wigs are a cost-effective alternative to buying new hair for every new avatar I make.

【 Sea Prince 】

I was messing around when I made this avatar, but I ended up liking it more than I thought. The flow of the vampire hair goes very well with an underwater theme.

Art: [Bumblehelga]

---

【 Good or Evil Pegasus 】

I really like how well the top and background matches with the Good or Evil set. The panda skin was great for emphasizing the eyes, and the pegasus ears and tail follow a similar shade to the overall avatar. Too bad the evil wing blends in a little too much with the background.

---

【 Incubus 】

This avatar is heart-themed, but I think I like the combination of the tops best.

Art: [AlkseeyaKC] [LunarNightTwilight] [[P][a][n][d][a]]

---

【 Scholarly Rabbitry 】

I like the jackalope combination of the antlers and rabbit ears for this avatar, as well as the two wings. The ribbons of the harp and the armlet are nice too.

---

【 Steampunk Kitsune Samurai 】

A mechanical kitsune samurai.

Wanted to incorporate these three themes with matching colors. Many items from the same sets ended up being used, despite the fact that I generally dislike using too many items from the same set to make an avatar. Again, I like the eye patch and scar combination; I also like the brooch, top, and tattoo combination. I think Firn did a very good job with this animal mouth.

---

【 Fox with Dots 】

I created this avatar for the Collector's Corner's polka-dot themed contest. It didn't place in the contest, but I still like it quite a bit, and it was fun experimenting with the different item combinations. The crown and headband did well for this one, as did the overshirt with the overall orange of the avatar. I also really like the fire top and the polka-dot undershirt. >>b

---

【 Another Magician 】

This one's a bit more simple than most of my other avatars, but after getting this lovely new top, I wanted to put it to good use.

---

【 U MAD? WUFFEL TROLLOL 】

Three times the Wuffel goodness, how do you think that makes King Kylian feel? We are much amused.

The Wuffel emote is actually a non-existent item that I came up with for KofK's first "Make an Item" contest. Sadly, despite the number of responses it received (from various stages of horror to amusement), it didn't win the contest.

---

【 Galactic Fox 】

I don't remember how I got started on this avatar, but the primary colors fell into place quite nicely. I'm not very satisfied with the background, but I didn't want to use anything that would blend in too much with the avatar itself. The double ribbons around the neck has an awesome effect.

(0) (0)

Posted: Jun 28th, '11, 09:07    

Mikael Hart

→ мιscєℓℓαиισυs ←

These avatars have hairstyles that don't fit into the above categories.

【 Kitty Glitch 】

A glitch that was later fixed; I scarcely had time to save this image before the admins took care of it. It's too bad; I rather like the look of a random cat popping out of my avatar's head. XD

(0) (0)

Posted: Jun 28th, '11, 09:10    

Mikael Hart

→ cяσss-∂яєssιиg ←

I generally stick to poor masculine attempts of my avatars or at least gender ambiguous ones, but every now and then I end up making ones that are just plain girly.

【 Rose Succubus 】

I never properly bought the eyes for this one, hence the smaller image size. The amount of roses feel kinda cluttered to me, but I liked how the rose frame blended in with the headpiece.

---

【 Autumn Witch 】

The skull and hat combination is my favorite for this avatar. Though the wings blend in with the background, I like how it makes the image more fuller, complete.

---

【 Dryad 】

A very green avatar. The hair and antlers combination really works out for me, and the two pair of wings go together very well.

---

【 Witch 】

There are many reasons why I actually dislike this avatar, but there are certain aspects about it that I also like. The glow of the Easter hat, the background, and the hair go well together, and I like the combination of the top and sash.

---

【 Rabbit Menagerie 】

The focus I wanted for this avatar was the salmon color --the eyes, the fan, the parrot, even a bit of the shirt. Though I love the fancy TT and Lunatic Fringe items, it's also nice to be able to make a decent outfit with a Bananarama top as well.

---

【 Vixen Bard 】

This was my second experiment for the Collector's Corner's polka-dot themed contest. Though the top and undershirt are the same as the previous avatar's, I decided to add midnight colors to this one, followed by a touch of lavender. The ruffle and overshirt turned this avatar into something entirely different from the last. :)

---

【 Midnight Unicorn 】

This combination came from my desired to use the Ankou horns --the Pterippus horn also ended up being thrown in. Horns aside, the flame top and assassin's cloak were also the strong points that made this avatar. I also like how the Flower Fairy Tiara complements with the Pterippus horn.

---

【 Prehistoric Miss 】

In the age of dinosaurs, this cave-dwelling teen manages to pull off a fashionable look while beating back the beasts with her branch-made staff.

One of my ideas for the Collector's Corner's polka-dot themed contest; I never actually bought the hair for this, hence its smaller size. Girly as it is, I really like this avatar, especially the combination of the undershirt and this Leo Print top. The Adella hat and headband combination also played a big role in this, and the pink from the hat ended up influencing bits and pieces of this avatar as well.

---

【 Clutterfish 】

A cluttered creature of the sea.

Originally, I wanted to make an avatar using the mermaid tail, but because most of the items here come with prefixed color combinations, more and more colors ended up getting added to the avatar. In the end, there isn't much pink on him...her...him... is there? My favorite item combination on the Clutterfish is the use of the flower fairy tiara with the face scales and horn. The background hearts also go very well with the top.

---

【 Cirque du Lune 】

A winged acrobat who preforms for the dark circus beneath the moonlight.

I just really like messing with the flower fairy top, aha. Also, I wanted to combine the mini-wings with the arm-warmers.

---

【 Royal Cat Fanatic 】

This strange princess carries her little royal pet with her atop her head. Makes it hard to tell exactly who's wearing the crown.

Just a lot of compiling combinations that I like here, such as the wings-on-wings (can't go wrong with that), mantra with the background, and of course, the cat and crown. The fact that the crown's gold is mismatched to the gold of the collar bugs me a bit, but the overall image is quite nice. This was the last opportunity I had to use the cat headband in its original colors/style before it was remade.

(0) (0)

[ 59 posts ]