Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate My Account Help

Jump to:

[ 1429 posts ] 
 Post subject: Re: Why was my Wild Knuffel rejected?
Posted: Mar 23rd, '12, 06:00    

mishamonkey

Hugs: 39520
Hey! I've been submitting a thylacine knuffel. The first time it was submitted it was rejected because the stages were too similar. They were, and I changed it, resubmitted, and got the very same answer.

I've been steadily changing it since then and the last thing that got rejected because the stages were too similar was

Here are replacements for stage 3 and 5; 3, 5

I'm wondering, since I know every single one has at least five differences between them, why I'm bothering at all, but I though I'd come and see if I could maybe get some ideas for more drastic changes.

(0) (0)

Posted: Mar 23rd, '12, 08:33    

Sunlight

Hugs: 115589
Mood: Reflective
Website: http://kofk.de/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=13052
3, 4 and 5 still seem very similar to me. I hope you're going to keep the shirt for the stages 4 and 5. Otherwise, it feels like it's regressing back to stage 2. Especially stage 5... the only noticeable change is the addition of the ground. Everything else is just addition of highlight and lowlight. Maybe add some more markings, bit more clothes/accessories, and/or change the colour of something dramatically, rather than just lightening/darkening it in sections.

(0) (0)
Zia's uncoloured mule

Posted: Mar 23rd, '12, 09:14    

Xaevan

Hugs: 14874
I agree with what Zia said.

Your stage 4 would have done well as a stage 3. If you were going to add a shirt, make sure the shirt stays or else it'll look horribly out of place, or at least modify the shirt to fit with the rest of the evolutions. You could also perhaps alter the pants in the later stages, whether making it longer, or fuzzing the bottom of it to make it feel more 'evolved'. *nods*

(0) (0)
Questing: 14 Wren Eggs

Click on my Knuffel?

ImageImage

Posted: Mar 23rd, '12, 11:06    

amalath

Hugs: 94441
Mood: hurting.
What Zia and Xae said: parts of your knuffel almost don't evolve, you mainly add new stuff and leave it as it is. Pants do not evolve almost at all through stages, they should evolve and change together with knuffel in each stage. Also don't just add shirt in 3rd stage and make it disappear in next ones. It's not an evolution. You can add him small top in second stage that turns into t-shirt in third, then into biggershirt in 4 and 5th. His ears and tail don't change almost at all too: don't just add shading, make them shorter/smaller in earlier stages and growing in next ones. Some difference between hair in 4th and 5th stage would be good. Body marks that you added him 3rd atage stay the same till the end: make them bit different and growing through stages.

(0) (0)
32. Pansexual, mentally genderless, pagan, and full of attitude. Born female. Is a cat. Call me ama. I eat people. Ó~Ò_F
Qui-Gon Jinn wrote:Be mindful of the living Force, my young Padawan.
TimTam wrote:ama must be mad. XD
Merrymaking wrote:I wanted to die in a bloody fashion. And now I don't even die at all. I don't get crucified, either. It's stupid.
kaguya wrote:Once I remembered my birthday because the bread went out of date on it. @.@
Hinote no Akai wrote:some other random conversation
I just mostly laugh to my comps
or shout at them
I think his head is ok
STARGATE!
LOOOOL

Posted: Mar 23rd, '12, 20:21    

Locuranis

Hugs: 13663
I've read the entire thread but didn't see this question. I understand the no background/background should be transparent. And making it a png file is simple enough. But what about partial transparency on parts of the knuffel? Basically, I have some partially transparent wings that are better achieved with the alpha-transparency option for pngs. Is that allowed or should all parts of the knuffel be 100% opaque?

(0) (0)
ImageImage

Posted: Mar 23rd, '12, 20:28    

amalath

It is allowed I believe. This wild knuffel for example: The Bride spoiler. Parts of dress and veil are partial transparent.

(0) (0)
32. Pansexual, mentally genderless, pagan, and full of attitude. Born female. Is a cat. Call me ama. I eat people. Ó~Ò_F
Merrymaking wrote:I wanted to die in a bloody fashion. And now I don't even die at all. I don't get crucified, either. It's stupid.
kaguya wrote:Once I remembered my birthday because the bread went out of date on it. @.@
or shout at them
I think his head is ok
STARGATE!
LOOOOL

Posted: Mar 23rd, '12, 20:38    

Locuranis

It's hard to see as the whole spoiler image is against a white bg, but I think I'll continue working on mine. If it's rejected for that reason, I'll just put the partial transparent parts onto shaped white to get the opacity for those items. Thanks for the quick input, amalath.

(0) (0)
ImageImage

Posted: Mar 23rd, '12, 20:42    

mishamonkey

Hugs: 39520
Thank you all for your help!

I'll try to change that more...

(0) (0)

Posted: Mar 23rd, '12, 20:44    

amalath

Locu> It's a png file, so you can save it on hard drive and check in your graphic program ;) Same knuffel on red bg: http://i.imgur.com/672Gm.png.

(0) (0)
or shout at them
I think his head is ok
STARGATE!
LOOOOL

Posted: Mar 23rd, '12, 21:06    

Locuranis

I did save it and tried it in my image viewer, which glitched and showed me what I thought was a white bg. I just restarted it and can see the transparency better as I had set it for a black bg. So yeah, looks like my wings should be okay. Thanks again!

(0) (0)
ImageImage

[ 1429 posts ]