is mysterious  78%  [ 7 ]
and beautiful  22%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 9
 Post subject: Shoutouts to anonymous contest avis
Posted: Mar 27th, '23, 06:14    

chuunibyou

Hugs: 99516
Mood: spiritual
There used to be a thread for this, so I'm re-creating it.

Sometimes there's a really cool avi (or many) in the avatar contest, and you hope it will place, because then you get to find out who made it.

This thread is to shoutout those awesome avis so that whoever made them has a chance to see that their work is appreciated, regardless of whether it places in the final rankings!

(1) (0)
Come chat with me at my hangout thread!
Stroctoperry wrote:Because KofK trumps homework, for some reason.
Death Candy wrote:I just realized that "take out" means food, dating, and murder. And if you were a female praying mantis you'd have all three.
Akili Li wrote:People talk about bravery in these super dramatic terms like it only applies to soldiers going to war, but for all that I think true courage is found in the hard every day moments of social interaction and standing up for what you believe in even when it's not life-or-death, when it's instead a matter of approval-or-ostracization among people whose opinions you care about. That's harder, to my mind. That's an ongoing, you have to live with it forever thing, instead of one single moment that's the exception instead of the rule.

First fairy found 28th May 2015
Second fairy found 11th May 2017
Third fairy found 9th Jan 2024

Post subject: Re: Shoutouts to anonymous contest avis
Posted: Mar 27th, '23, 06:17    

chuunibyou

I'll start:

This is beautiful and unique! It uses items I would struggle to use.

(0) (0)
Death Candy wrote:I just realized that "take out" means food, dating, and murder. And if you were a female praying mantis you'd have all three.
Akili Li wrote:People talk about bravery in these super dramatic terms like it only applies to soldiers going to war, but for all that I think true courage is found in the hard every day moments of social interaction and standing up for what you believe in even when it's not life-or-death, when it's instead a matter of approval-or-ostracization among people whose opinions you care about. That's harder, to my mind. That's an ongoing, you have to live with it forever thing, instead of one single moment that's the exception instead of the rule.

Posted: Oct 7th, '23, 05:08    

Carrot Cake

Hugs: 28876
I really love this one:

Im a big fan of just one colour avatars but its so hard to close details in those. But here the colours just work so nicely with each other!

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 7th, '23, 15:25    

chuunibyou

oooh that's gorgeous! like a fire goddess. that spot of light in her hand just makes the whole avi pop. and like you said all the details are clear. :mclove:

(1) (0)

Posted: Oct 9th, '23, 02:03    

Carrot Cake

Hugs: 28876
Yes!! That's exactly what I was thinking she was!

(1) (0)

Posted: Oct 9th, '23, 15:46    

chuunibyou

:mclove: i love that we both saw it! so elemental.

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 12th, '23, 03:52    

Anime

Hugs: 48667
Mood: ♫ I'm a Barbie girl ♫
I found both of these entries to be exceptional and also a little spooky, so they're perfect submissions for this months contest! Best of luck to all the entries :mccute:

(1) (0)
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Posted: Oct 14th, '23, 03:45    

chuunibyou

I adore spooky avatars, especially this month; I've enjoyed seeing people all over KofK wear spooky avatars! The two you've shared are great; I find the second one especially gorgeous because of the light pink accents being so unexpected (like flowers growing in a skull, you know).

(0) (0)

[ 8 posts ]