Mood: Happy
Oooo that makes sense. Yeah maybe not :mclaugh:

(0) (0)

Post subject: Re: ~♥..Wild Knuffel Subsidies..♥~ [Open Slots!]
Posted: Apr 23rd, '16, 09:44    

Akili Li

Hugs: 222580
Mood: contemplative
Hm, your middle picture looks like a kind of cross between a rabbit and, um, maybe a lion? Sorta? I'm not sure what to make of it. But I like the first one and the last one!

I think my favorite kind of creepy knuffels are the subtle-creepy. For instance, a vacuously smiling, large-eyed knuffel. And as it evolves, the eyes get a little larger until in the last stage you see tiny screaming reflections in them, very tiny so you have to look close, the reflected screaming taking the place of pupils. And meanwhile the hands start out as fists, gradually relaxing, and then the last stage they're open and you see bloody half-moons in the palms where the nails drew blood. And what seemed to be a simple sash gains embroidery that turns out to be chains and a padlock, just stitched in, so you have to look close to notice...

That kind of thing!

(0) (0)
I want to buy or trade for these knuffels:
Earth Gen 18, Light Gen 19, Fire Gen 21, Air/Light/Water Gen 22, Light Gen 23, Earth/Light Gen 25, Darkness Gen 26.
Please PM me if you can help!

Posted: Apr 23rd, '16, 09:58    

Wolltiger

Hugs: 6509
Mood: ROAR
Oh, that's a Flareon (some sort of rabbit-like fire-Pokémon) xD

Also, that knuffel-idea sounds awesome, but also complicated. I would love to see it though xP

(0) (0)

Posted: Apr 23rd, '16, 09:59    

Eva

Hugs: 122994
Eh while tiny details are fun, you cannot see them at all on the wild knuffel adoption page. And unless you find the artist's thread and look, which I doubt most people do. You won't ever see them.

(0) (0)

Posted: Apr 23rd, '16, 10:03    

Akili Li

Hugs: 222580
Mood: contemplative
@Eva:
Yep, exactly! It's the kind of detail that surprises you when you're evolving your knuffel, and never notice until then. That's the kind of "creepy" knuffel I like. Heck, you might not even notice as it's evolving at all, until someone points it out -and then you can never un-see it. :qh:

@Wolltiger: Oh! A Pokemon. Okay, that makes a little more sense, then. I was trying to think through Frank Baum books or odd mythologies, anything that might have mentioned a critter like that. But it has a different source, so yeah. Context is lovely. Hm, is that another drawing by you? It's a totally different style. Did you do that one digitally instead of with traditional media?

(0) (0)
I want to buy or trade for these knuffels:
Earth Gen 18, Light Gen 19, Fire Gen 21, Air/Light/Water Gen 22, Light Gen 23, Earth/Light Gen 25, Darkness Gen 26.
Please PM me if you can help!

Posted: Apr 23rd, '16, 18:01    

Wolltiger

Hugs: 6509
Mood: ROAR
@Akili Haha, no. That is not by me. It's the official art for Flareon x'D

(0) (0)

Posted: Apr 28th, '16, 00:38    

HanafuruLove

Hugs: 43323
Mood: Naega jeil jal naga!!
Hello guys! Sorry I've been away for a while, I sort of went into hermit mode around the last days of classes and exams and stuff.

I'll send you your foodpoints Eva, sorry for the wait.

I do see mention of Firn and creepy knuffel going on. I remember the discussion of that that went on back when wild knuffel were sort of a new thing, and I think it's actually a lot more lenient than some people think it is. Obviously you probably don't want to do something that would make the average person nauseous, but the original problem didn't really have anything to do with Firn hating gory knuffel. There used to be no option to display previews of wild evolutions, and she was afraid people would be upset if they adopted a cute looking knuffel, only to evolve it and have it become freaky/gory. She mentioned that she'd ease up a little on that restriction if you allow evolution previews. Unless she's said something somewhere else that I've missed, or people have tried to make slightly gory knuffel and had issues getting them in, I think the case currently is that something like a zombie knuffel should be totally fine as long as it's not really brutal.

(0) (0)

Posted: Apr 28th, '16, 00:41    

Eva

I will definitely shoot her a pm then, just to double check if I have a mind to make a zombie.
Also welcome back, keyami! We missed you, how did your classes and tests go?

(0) (0)

Posted: Apr 28th, '16, 00:46    

HanafuruLove

Hugs: 43323
Mood: Naega jeil jal naga!!
Pretty good! A little sad it's over for the summer so I don't get to see the people from class every week anymore, but glad the stress of the exams is out of the way. Written isn't so bad, but I have to do an interview-style oral ones for Japanese, and I'm always so scared I'll mess it up xD Talking is hard! I think I did fairly well though, luckily.

(0) (0)

Posted: Apr 28th, '16, 00:53    

Eva

Oh gosh yeah... I can imagine that's totally stressful, doing an oral language exam. I'm so glad I haven't had to take one in ages XD I never got into languages. Even as a kid they were hard for me.

(0) (0)

[ 576 posts ]