Dream avi!  23%  [ 19 ]
None for me, thanks.  44%  [ 37 ]
Total votes : 84
 Post subject: Re: Give and Get Suggestions
Posted: May 16th, '17, 18:11    

Miky90

Hugs: 184763
Mood: Reading some manga ... Find me in the spaming section XD
Don't have the Lord Wuffel signs and the Ganguro look a bit odd..
I changed the lips though. Think they match?

old avi: As for your avi, to be honest I love it as it is!! It's not my style, but I really enjoy it and I think that adding something else would make it seem too cluttered.

new avi: This one is very cute too. One thing I would change is the hand item cuz it blends too much in the background. Maybe change it with a pet like the halloween '14 crow. I think that would look really good. And maybe try a different skin (the slightly darker ones in the shop I think would make a good match). Also, the ornament frame might be a little too much.

(0) (0)

Posted: May 16th, '17, 18:27    

chuunibyou

Hugs: 99685
Mood: spiritual
I do think these lips look better :mccute: and I think, because you generally have busy avatars and it isn't as easy to decorate the face, you might feel like the face looks too empty compared to the rest of the avi at first but it's actually fine the way it is... at least that's what happens to me with dream avis and I end up putting face scales, freckles, tattoos or scars (none of which would go in your avis case, like you said they'd look odd since they wouldn't go with the feel of the rest of your avi.) I think a tralala star in the right colour would go though! Or a maaaaaybe little cheek heart.

Thanks for the suggestions! I changed my avi all over again :mcheh: but I think I'll stick with this one for a while.

I'm really happy you like my first old avi though, it's not a style most people dig, to be sure. And I always have problems with making the background match while not having the avi recede into it lol. If I could just make avis without backgrounds all the time, I would, since they're such trouble and hard to obtain to boot :qt:

So... suggestions for this one? I know the cream in the eyes doesn't go with the November Kitty...

(0) (0)
Come chat with me at my hangout thread!
Stroctoperry wrote:Because KofK trumps homework, for some reason.
Death Candy wrote:I just realized that "take out" means food, dating, and murder. And if you were a female praying mantis you'd have all three.
Akili Li wrote:People talk about bravery in these super dramatic terms like it only applies to soldiers going to war, but for all that I think true courage is found in the hard every day moments of social interaction and standing up for what you believe in even when it's not life-or-death, when it's instead a matter of approval-or-ostracization among people whose opinions you care about. That's harder, to my mind. That's an ongoing, you have to live with it forever thing, instead of one single moment that's the exception instead of the rule.

First fairy found 28th May 2015
Second fairy found 11th May 2017
Third fairy found 9th Jan 2024

Posted: May 16th, '17, 19:22    

Miky90

I get you with the backgrounds! I can't even count how many avis I loved I had to give upon cuz I couldn't find a matching background to go with it. Some work without it, but most seem empty without backgrounds so...

I don't think the eye color is a problem at all. The only thing I would change is the hair. the side tails make the head region a bit too cluttered. Try an updue in pure white maybe. I can'r say for sure, but I think it would look very pretty

(0) (0)

Posted: May 16th, '17, 20:13    

chuunibyou

I have zero updos in white and couldn't find one in the shops without the horn layering over a bit of hair weirdly, so I used a hair in coffee, the Lord Wuffel hair... how does it look? Do I need to change the accessories on the head?

(0) (0)
Death Candy wrote:I just realized that "take out" means food, dating, and murder. And if you were a female praying mantis you'd have all three.
Akili Li wrote:People talk about bravery in these super dramatic terms like it only applies to soldiers going to war, but for all that I think true courage is found in the hard every day moments of social interaction and standing up for what you believe in even when it's not life-or-death, when it's instead a matter of approval-or-ostracization among people whose opinions you care about. That's harder, to my mind. That's an ongoing, you have to live with it forever thing, instead of one single moment that's the exception instead of the rule.

Posted: May 16th, '17, 20:16    

Miky90

nope, it's really nice like this! Nice thinking, I like it :qh:

(0) (0)

Posted: Jul 6th, '17, 16:24    

chuunibyou

i love the way you layered your background, miky :qh:

i need suggestions for my current- should i remove the easter chick bg and prophyta border? or improve something else?

edit: does it look better with the midnight moon bg? or will it look better with a plain gradient?

(0) (0)

Posted: Jul 9th, '17, 03:21    

KimiLavender

Hugs: 70814
Mood: plague
I really love it with the midnight moon background! The little touch of sparkle is perfect :qh:

(0) (0)
~My Quests~
~Coupon Trading Center~
~Selling WK Items~

Please don't clicks the wilds :qf: They've gotten all confused

Frosty Castle Image Kofk Outreach

Buying Doughnut Items!
Image 16/?

Posted: Jul 11th, '17, 22:00    

Fire

Hugs: 94124
Mood: Radi radi! Happy Holi!
I agree with Kimi! The Midnight Moon Background adds so much depth to the avatar! I love it!

I need some advice on this one:
The design seems so...plain to me. So blah. But I really wanna try out my new Princess Xin Background (Gold) using either my Inari Okami Haori (Lilac) or my Princess Xin Robe (Bright Berry).
Any advice?

(0) (0)
╰☆╮
Market |||Selling Forum |||Help me plan my trip to Japan!
x 21x Groundselx
╰☆╮

Posted: Jul 16th, '17, 10:40    

Nankuii

Hugs: 279767
Mood: que sera sera
I like the Princess Xin Robe, and just thought you can create a wealthy young maiden themed avatar with it! Things like the golden fan and a bed of flowers behind to use as fillers?

I have a few backgrounds to use in mind, but not sure which will look better ><

1) current one (lady bonheur BG)
2) gotika BG
3) gotika BG cool gray
4) helewise BG maroon

(0) (0)

[ 49 posts ]