Dream avi!  23%  [ 19 ]
None for me, thanks.  44%  [ 37 ]
Total votes : 84
 Post subject: Re: Give and Get Suggestions
Posted: Apr 21st, '17, 08:27    

chuunibyou

Hugs: 99683
Mood: spiritual
Haze: For your current avi, I feel like the Naga pet is unnecessary. Also, if I were you, I wouldn't use a frame- but I get that you might find the Porcelain Doll strings coming out of nowhere weird :mcheh:

Fire: Maybe, for the avi on the left (the one with the horns) I feel like the forehead tiara is too much ecru. You could put a lilac forehead jewel instead, like Poshi suggested, but maybe try a bigger one like a Round Forehead Jewel and do away with the horns. I actually like the combination of the Water Spirit Hair in ecru and the Artemis Top- you could use that combination without using the Naga skin in another avi perhaps.

I'm torn about whether my current avi looks better with or without the violet Monocle. I wanted the Monocle to kind of set off the round zodiac stuff in the background, but now I'm confused and I'd like votes :mcheh:
Image__Image
Also, should I change the mouth to one of the other default mouths? And I'm using the Plain Border (Cool Gray) but is a fancier border necessary (one of the shop ones if so)?
If you voted for without the Monocle- do you think I need to add in some violet to the avi and if so- suggestions?

(0) (0)
Come chat with me at my hangout thread!
Stroctoperry wrote:Because KofK trumps homework, for some reason.
Death Candy wrote:I just realized that "take out" means food, dating, and murder. And if you were a female praying mantis you'd have all three.
Akili Li wrote:People talk about bravery in these super dramatic terms like it only applies to soldiers going to war, but for all that I think true courage is found in the hard every day moments of social interaction and standing up for what you believe in even when it's not life-or-death, when it's instead a matter of approval-or-ostracization among people whose opinions you care about. That's harder, to my mind. That's an ongoing, you have to live with it forever thing, instead of one single moment that's the exception instead of the rule.

First fairy found 28th May 2015
Second fairy found 11th May 2017
Third fairy found 9th Jan 2024

Posted: Apr 21st, '17, 10:08    

Poshi

Hugs: 90184
Mood: :3
I'd go without the monocle because of the lack of violet everywhere else except the BG. Also, everything in the face region is rather round. Round mouth, large oval eyes, the monocle just makes everything too circular in that region @_@

I probably wouldn't add violet. I would try to fill in the gaps a bit. You've got a lot of space in the left there so maybe a spot of white on the left arm would balance things out. You have a lot of colours going on atm so it'll get a bit complicated :s

(0) (0)
ImageImage
Looking to purchase the Solar System Sceptres *u*

Posted: Apr 21st, '17, 12:12    

chuunibyou

I've looked at tattoos and circlet type things for the left arm, but nothing seems to fit... :mcdead: any suggestions?
Should I use the Water Gen 2 Tail (Gray White) instead of the Jialeath Tail?
Image__Image

(0) (0)
Death Candy wrote:I just realized that "take out" means food, dating, and murder. And if you were a female praying mantis you'd have all three.
Akili Li wrote:People talk about bravery in these super dramatic terms like it only applies to soldiers going to war, but for all that I think true courage is found in the hard every day moments of social interaction and standing up for what you believe in even when it's not life-or-death, when it's instead a matter of approval-or-ostracization among people whose opinions you care about. That's harder, to my mind. That's an ongoing, you have to live with it forever thing, instead of one single moment that's the exception instead of the rule.

Posted: Apr 21st, '17, 14:23    

Poshi

It's looking a little better as the Jialeath tail almost blended into the background. The contrast is nice. Any sort of tattoo but I guess there aren't many of those. You could try an undershirt with sleeves or any cape. Otherwise, defaulting to a pair of wings would work.

Currently you're an angelic octopus xD

(0) (0)
ImageImage

Posted: Apr 21st, '17, 16:13    

chuunibyou

Poshi wrote:Otherwise, defaulting to a pair of wings would work.

Currently you're an angelic octopus xD
If humans can become angels so can octopuses, they have souls too xD
I tried all tattoos and armwarmer things in the shops :mcsad: And the fuschia of the bra I'm wearing under the bubblegum overshirt is covered if I try any other undershirt. Wings aren't working with the Water Gen 2 Tail because they block part it, even the teeny Air Gen 10 wings.

Does this work? (It's not showing up when I use the BBcode because I keep getting an error saving it in the DAC, so I'm going to have to put the link and hope that at least works, sorry :mcsweat:)
http://kofk.de/da/FC4E7B83.jpg

(0) (0)

Posted: Apr 21st, '17, 18:07    

Poshi

No, I can't see that. You can remove the tail and add the wings is what I meant. Have you tried changing the background to maybe a beige/ecru to make your character pop? Maybe it'll balance everything out more.

I can't hop onto DAC cause I'm super busy D: I usually try to DAC from memory of all the item names @_@

(0) (0)
ImageImage

Posted: Apr 21st, '17, 20:21    

chuunibyou

Oki doh :3
I'm sorry for going on and on stuck on this one avi ;_; you must be so tired of it.

Thank you for explaining :mchappy: Would the Air Gen 10 Wings work? (One of them would disappear behind the hand item, but that's happening with most wings I try :mcheh:)

Speaking of your suggestion about the background- the Pink Flower Background has both Ecru and Fuchsia-ish flowers...

That's very impressive :mcshock: I don't know how many years of KofK I'd need to get even close.

(0) (0)

Posted: Apr 22nd, '17, 02:09    

Poshi

Haha, no it's okay c: Personally, I think it's easier to pick 2 colours and go from there. It gets harder once you add more because isolated coloured items aren't too common unless you head into bananarama. I don't usually pick two similar colours either but that's just preference.

Yeh, I think they'll work. From the top of my head, I think the ravenhued wings would work or the troth ones (I think they come in white). I believe the swan queen set had white wings/tail/feathers. Neat nurse wings umm, the fire gen 15 sets didn't have wings but they had the cute feather horns in white.

Eh, it's cause I'm too lazy to flick through so many pages from the DAC, plus my internet is super rickety. Keeps cutting out. It's much easier to try and remember names.

(0) (0)
ImageImage

Posted: Apr 22nd, '17, 03:40    

chuunibyou

True :o I uncommonly like Avis with just two colours though cause I feel like they're too monochrome sometimes :mcheh:
Even though you start with two colours you do use others often though, almost like an accent or a spot of contrast, and I love it. I remember you used pieces from the Demeter set in Indigo beautifully in a previous avi :qh:

I don't have any of those wings, but the Troth ones look pretty good in Gray White. I have to save up enough tokens to get them which will take a while, but I should be able to get them by the end of the month.

Which means if I wanted to I could submit this avi for next month's contest, but do you think it's contest-worty?

Oh, and do you think the Pink Flower Background is a better background to use?

(0) (0)

Posted: Apr 22nd, '17, 11:47    

Nankuii

Hugs: 279766
Mood: que sera sera
I would suggest a frame/border c:

(0) (0)

[ 49 posts ]