Dream avi!  23%  [ 19 ]
None for me, thanks.  44%  [ 37 ]
Total votes : 84
 Post subject: Re: Give and Get Suggestions
Posted: Apr 22nd, '17, 15:56    

Poshi

Hugs: 90151
Mood: :3
Well the thing is, you start with 2 and you end up with 5 colours roflmao. Ah, thank you ouo (I don't remember this although I do own that set).

Hmm, in all honesty, probably not. I find that the winners/runner ups have either contrast or lots of detail in their avatar. If you like it however, do enter it, you never know c:

A frame is essential.

That BG has the right colours but the flowers make it busy. If you can offset the majority of the flowers with a frame that could have potential. It's hard to say unless I see it equipped. (now back to work)

(0) (0)
ImageImage
Looking to purchase the Solar System Sceptres *u*

Posted: Apr 22nd, '17, 16:13    

chuunibyou

Hugs: 99457
Mood: spiritual
I looked through every single frame in Purikura but those that don't cut off part of the tail don't come in the right colours :mccry: I really wish I had the Doughnight '09 Snow Frame. Why is life so hard

But I updated my avi as you can see, I don't know if the Cotton Candy Beach makes up for the lack of frame but eh... and the wings I currently have on go with the overshirt but merge into the background too much, so they're just placeholders until I can afford the Troth wings.

I'm giving up on the Pink Flower Background, I'm finding it too difficult to work with :mcheh:

So yeah... the current avi plus the Troth wings- would it need something more?

I'll enter for the heck of it because I'll have three slots anyway and I'm lucky if I make one decent avatar a month :qt:

(0) (0)
Come chat with me at my hangout thread!
Stroctoperry wrote:Because KofK trumps homework, for some reason.
Death Candy wrote:I just realized that "take out" means food, dating, and murder. And if you were a female praying mantis you'd have all three.
Akili Li wrote:People talk about bravery in these super dramatic terms like it only applies to soldiers going to war, but for all that I think true courage is found in the hard every day moments of social interaction and standing up for what you believe in even when it's not life-or-death, when it's instead a matter of approval-or-ostracization among people whose opinions you care about. That's harder, to my mind. That's an ongoing, you have to live with it forever thing, instead of one single moment that's the exception instead of the rule.

First fairy found 28th May 2015
Second fairy found 11th May 2017
Third fairy found 9th Jan 2024

Posted: Apr 22nd, '17, 16:48    

Poshi

It annoys me when I can't find the right items so I feel your pain ;~; I've made a surprising amount of avatar changes this past month. More than I ever make in a whole year tbh.

Hmmm, I'm not too sure.

New layering tricks always works. I love layers ouo especially BG ones or with various tiaras.

(0) (0)
ImageImage

Posted: Apr 22nd, '17, 18:23    

chuunibyou

Layering is nice, except I'm not a huge fan of KofK's layering system tbh. I wish we could move items up and down.
When I'm trying to layer something into the BG and it comes on top of the tail instead of below it :mcsweat:

I really appreciate discussing avi options with you :mccute: you're totes helping me with insights and new ideas :qh:

I saw the White Knight Cape in the Market, bought it, added it on :mcglee:
So now the white is more balanced and the left side is not so empty. I think that was one of your first suggestions to me It has made such a difference to my avi :mcsquee: Thankies!

And I changed the mouth and it's a jot more of white and it goes with the avi's ears and expression so yay

Now just one thing left to tackle.
What to do for the border :mcdead:

(0) (0)
Death Candy wrote:I just realized that "take out" means food, dating, and murder. And if you were a female praying mantis you'd have all three.
Akili Li wrote:People talk about bravery in these super dramatic terms like it only applies to soldiers going to war, but for all that I think true courage is found in the hard every day moments of social interaction and standing up for what you believe in even when it's not life-or-death, when it's instead a matter of approval-or-ostracization among people whose opinions you care about. That's harder, to my mind. That's an ongoing, you have to live with it forever thing, instead of one single moment that's the exception instead of the rule.

Posted: May 4th, '17, 19:44    

chuunibyou

I like your current avi a lot, Poshi :qh: I hardly see the Harlequin Knuffel hairs used, and you've used it so well.

Anyone has any suggestions for my current avi?

Should I keep the Summer '15 ukulele along with the Spellwielder Spell, or just the spell, or just the ukulele?

(0) (0)

Posted: May 7th, '17, 12:06    

Poshi

Ah thank you c: You always seem to like my avatars.
The Harlequin hair looks good with these eyes. Some of the eyes get chopped off and they look bizarre.

Hmm, I like the overall composition balance although maybe an aqua staff would work or even mocha. Hard to tell unless I see it.

(0) (0)
ImageImage

Posted: May 7th, '17, 21:45    

Haze

Hugs: 198176
Ooh I love your avatar! Maybe try a light one-toned avatar to make it feel more complete, but it's amazing as it is right now!

I'm having trouble with the skin and arms of mine, that wristlet doesn't match that well but looks very empty without it. Any ideas?

(0) (0)
Looking for the following knuffel:
Halloween 2014

Butterfly lair leadband

Posted: May 8th, '17, 11:00    

Poshi

If you're looking for something to adorn the arms/hands, layering gloves is a fabulous thing. E.g. like what I'm wearing now. I've got 2 different lunatic fringe gloves stacked on one another. The one on top might work for you in the appropriate colour. It's got a decorate rose on the wrist without being too bulky. I think there's a similar glove in bananarama as a cheaper alternative. Ribbon gloves? idk if they come in a colour you want though.

(0) (0)
ImageImage

Posted: May 16th, '17, 15:44    

Miky90

Hugs: 184653
Mood: Reading some manga ... Find me in the spaming section XD
Dose anyone have any suggestions on my current avi? I feel like the face is missing something, but I can't put my finger on it...

(0) (0)

Posted: May 16th, '17, 16:56    

chuunibyou

The lips look sort of faded... and maybe you can put tattoos under the eyes like the Lord Wuffel ones or the Ganguro ones? Maybe the Air Sign would look good too but I can't tell without seeing it.

Any suggestions for my current avi?

(0) (0)

[ 49 posts ]