Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate My Account Help

Jump to:

[ 19960 posts ] 
 Post subject: Re: Flight Rising Hangout
Posted: Jul 5th, '20, 22:26    

Hotarla

Hugs: 89171
digital would be cheaper but.....i like having physical copies, actually holding them lol.

didya see the new apparel sets?

(0) (0)
Selling Wild Knuffel, Dig and Event Items Here!

Posted: Jul 5th, '20, 22:40    

Demonskid

Hugs: 59048
Mood: A da RAWR~
I like physical copies too, but shipping from japan is just too costly >A<

IF it ever gets licensed in english then I'll be able to buy physicals >:D

o3o mmm kinda.. i don't pay much attention to apparel xD

(0) (0)
Time passes me
Like a man on the street
I can't help but notice a change
It's in the colors
Of these autumn leaves
But deep down my roots are the same

Twitch || Twitter || Youtube

Posted: Jul 5th, '20, 22:54    

Hotarla

yeah.....well sometimes its worth it, imo. xD like getting official merch and not knowing whether you're getting knockoffs or not. sometimes, you can't tell if the place you're buying from is reputable or not. that's what happened when i first tried to get my Nendos. the quality of the official stuff is waay obvious compared to knockoffs.

really? i thought you liked dressing up your dragons?

(0) (0)

Posted: Jul 5th, '20, 23:01    

Demonskid

I buy my merch from rightstuf because I know they're legit o3o

OAO oh i thought you meant on here! x'D

I haven't seen the new stuff on FR yet. >A<

(0) (0)
Time passes me
Like a man on the street
It's in the colors
Of these autumn leaves

Posted: Jul 6th, '20, 02:27    

Hotarla

i've never heard of that site lol. i mostly buy from cdjapan.

no...? XD;; i don't call clothes here "apparel" lol. the only time i use that word for is for FR. XD this IS an FR chat thread, after all. XD gotta at least SOMETIMES talk about it lol.
it looks interesting. might get a bundle when i see it. i don't really USE apparel but sometimes, if i find a good coloured dragon paired with a good accent or skin, i might dress it up a little.

(0) (0)

Posted: Jul 6th, '20, 02:34    

Demonskid

Rightstuf is having it's 33rd bday this year o3o I been buying from them for 15 years on and off...

I'm actually expecting a package from them tomorrow.. Bought a crap ton of manga with my stimulus monies >x>, Bought this stuff back in may but because a lot of the companies that supply the retailers had to close down because of the virus, they are only now shipping it. >w< hype

o3o i forgot we were in a fr thread...

(0) (0)
Time passes me
Like a man on the street
It's in the colors
Of these autumn leaves

Posted: Jul 6th, '20, 03:59    

Hotarla

well maybe i should check it out when i have the time lol. at least, shipping might be faster, if i'm not getting it straight from japan lol. although...searching through things would be b**** if i don't know what i'm looking for, especially if its something that hasn't been licensed by an english company lol.

ahh I see. well i hope you get your items safely!

um...yeah? xD FR HANGOUT right in the title? xD

PHEWW, finished the latest Digimon episode! "New" characters next week!

(0) (0)

Posted: Jul 6th, '20, 04:29    

Demonskid

your in canada right? shipping might still be expensive ono

and if it's not licensed, they won't have it. QAQ sadness

I learned that the manga I was looking for, it's still in magazine only format right now, official manga volume hasn't been released yet ovo it's why i couldn't find it. I feel better now, and sad because i wanna read the next few chapters xD

OWO, I barely look at the thread titles anymore, I just see that someone has posed, and click the little thing next to their name to go to their post. x'D

I'ma watch the new ep tomorrow. I got super excited earlier cause I found a rare volume i needed for my one LN collection, and ended up forgetting Digimon aired today.

>A< old title, 5 volumes total. Vol 4 is like super expensive (220$-3000$+) one of the websites I had been stalking for hopes they'd get this in with a ... not as expensive price. I got a notification for one for 51$ (55 when you add the tax). I wasn't going to take that chance and bought it.

Used up ALL my swagbucks tho. =w=, my poor swag savings.. but it's a hard to get volume at a semi decent price so I wasn't letting that chance be passed up.

(0) (0)
Time passes me
Like a man on the street
It's in the colors
Of these autumn leaves

Posted: Jul 6th, '20, 05:24    

Hotarla

really? but you're only a border away? would shipping really be that much more expensive than ordering from Japan? XD;; *checks* WOW, almost an extra 50bucks for shipping, HAHAHHA (and this with only 9 items in my cart, with 3 of them either not in stock or for preorder). I took the preorders/not in stock ones out and its still around 40bucks for shipping. maybe i should just check with my bookstore lol. *goes to check* WOW WOW WOW, with my local large chain bookstore, I get FREE shipping BUT, I'm missing one of the books from my Rightstuf cart and...the price difference? XD;;

Rightstuf (with shipping fees for 6 items): $105.90
Local large chain bookstore (without shipping fees for 5 items): $94.09

WHAT IS THIS EVEN.

although, i did find that Rightstuf has THIS BABY in their store. you might not know this but this character is from a Chinese BL series and the figurines are slightly harder to find overseas because of stock. STILL...I've already preordered this last year when it was first up for preorder so.........I'll be getting mine EVENTUALLY since its all been paid for. :qh:

ahhh I see. huh, i had no idea Monster and the Beast got an English translation. Same for Therapy Game, and I LOVE Therapy Game. The second volume isn't out yet (for Therapy Game) and the description says its the "final" volume...but I know for a fact that it's not and there's a sequel to Therapy Game which is released in the tankoubon "Dear+" I bought the Nov. 2019 Dear+ because of the cover and the included EXTRA.

What were you looking for? c:

Well I haven't forgotten that this is an FR chat thread lol. have you checked the new apparel now? XD

yeah its reeeeeeally good, I can't wait til next week AAAH.

And what's this rare volume about? how can it be so expensive? o-O

(0) (0)

Posted: Jul 6th, '20, 12:53    

Demonskid

yea I found out that shipping to canada was uber expensive from someone else in Anime Planet discord. They want to get FAKE and I mentioned rightstuf had a few of the vols brand new and they told me about the shipping. >A<

I was looking for Ai o Ataeru Kemono-tachi's manga on amazon, but it's not out yet o3o

xD -pets- waiting is the worst part

I finally saw the new FR items. xD
I want the one wing cover for Ouja and that's about it o3o

Only the Ring Finger Knows. A series that was licensed in the late 2000's. Vol 4 was 2009 I think. For some reason Volume 4 didn't get many prints or something because it's so friggen hard to find.

I had vol 1 of the LN and I have the manga adaption. But the local bookstore shut down and the one that opened up in it's place didn't seem to want to sell BL.. so I stopped buying BL/manga in general for 15 years. (I also had a hard time GETTING to that bookstore as well)

When I started getting 50$ a month from mom as an allowance/payment for taking care of her, I started to buy manga again and recently looked into older series I never finished. I found out that Only the Ring Finger Knows had 5 Light Novels, and I only had the one.

Rightstuf had vols 2,3 &5 for like 8-9$ =/ Vol 4, they didn't have. I searched amazon, its like 220$ and other websites went between 250-3000 x-x.

Cheapest I found was ebay for 98$ i think just for that one volume.. Then there was the whole set for 99. Since I had already ordered 2,3,&5 and already had vol 1 + manga, I didn't want to buy the whole set. I tried haggling with the ebay seller with just the one volume to sell it for 25$. Nope, they won't take any less than 86$.

When an online thrift bookstore ended up with it in stock yesterday for 51+tax, I bought it. Hella lot better than the other prices that are out there. >:x

(0) (0)
Time passes me
Like a man on the street
It's in the colors
Of these autumn leaves

[ 19960 posts ]