Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate My Account Help

Jump to:

[ 19938 posts ] 
 Post subject: Re: Flight Rising Hangout
Posted: Oct 20th, '19, 07:54    

Hotarla

Hugs: 87654
I was gonna ask if she smoked but then I remembered that she’s using oxygen and you can’t have fire near those. There’s a sign stuck on my grandma’s apartment door about the fact that she uses oxygen so no one is allowed to smoke near her. Not that they would anyway since I think her building doesn’t allow smoking in the corridors but I don’t know about inside the apartments themselves.

But I forgot about the fact that maybe your mom smoked in the past. Not now of course because of the oxygen.

Hmmm well that does seem odd. If it was something more long term, she would’ve had these symptoms earlier. But since it’s more recent and all of a sudden, then it might have something to do with something that had happened recently.

(0) (0)
Selling Wild Knuffel, Dig and Event Items Here!

Posted: Oct 20th, '19, 11:46    

Demonskid

Hugs: 58238
Mood: A da RAWR~
Oh she still smokes... she takes the oxygen mask off and goes outside to smoke. I been trying to get her to stop.. but yea.. no =A= I'm making her go 3 days with out any... she's hating me for it. But I'm prepping her for when (if) the doctors tell her to stop smoking all together.
We got her tubing long enough to get around the apartment. She wants to see if it's long enough to take outside with her... fk no D:<

Our apartment complex doesn't allow smoking in the corridor either, they USE to not allow it on the porch... people had to be 10-20ft away, old landlady told them to go smoke by the dumpsters..

New landlady.. she doesn't care. as long as it's not in the corridor, who cares. That smoke comes right up into my living room window.

Now as for the apartments, because the apartment itself is a private residence, you can smoke in there unless it's stated in the lease you can't smoke.

Ugh more sleep deprivation! Dx
Mom has the runs, she keeps waking me up to switch the oxygen tube from her CPAP to the long hose.. =A=
Worst part is... when she wakes me up, the stress of being woken up aggravates my IBS and then I have to go!!! Dx having 1 bathroom SUCKS!!
Then while it's my turn in the bathroom, she's trying to switch the tubes and stuff in her room from long hose to CPAP... she doesn't turn on the CPAP and freaks out =A=

(0) (0)
Time passes me
Like a man on the street
I can't help but notice a change
It's in the colors
Of these autumn leaves
But deep down my roots are the same

Twitch || Twitter || Youtube

Posted: Oct 20th, '19, 19:26    

Hotarla

Oh. I thought, with the fact that she has to use oxygen and that you shouldn't have open flames around oxygen tanks, she would've stopped. D:

Well my grandmother lives in a complex that is mostly elderly housing. So its only natural that there shouldn't be smoking in hallways and indoors.

I'm sorry about your interrupted sleep. D:

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 20th, '19, 21:50    

Demonskid

Yea, your not suppose to have any open flame... i can't have my candles lit... =A=

She goes outside with out her oxygen tanks... which is dangerous on its own because she can't breath with out the damned thing >:x

I just hope the doctors can fix her lungs so we don't need to continue this for very much longer >:x

(0) (0)
Time passes me
Like a man on the street
It's in the colors
Of these autumn leaves

Posted: Oct 20th, '19, 21:54    

Hotarla

you'd think that after getting oxygen tanks that she'll stop seeing as she can't breathe without them. I remember watching this educational video at school a long time ago about this woman who damaged her lungs so badly due to smoking but she couldn't stop....so she had a hole made in her throat just so that she could continue smoking...ono;;

well let's hope then!

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 20th, '19, 22:03    

Demonskid

No matter what I show her about the bad effects of smoking, she thinks they're all lies.

Cancer: "I never got it and i been smoking since i was 15"
CPOD: I don't have that, that isn't real anyway

it's all a conspiracy ~(o3o)~ wooooo

=A= I will get her to quit >:x she will detox!!!

(0) (0)
Time passes me
Like a man on the street
It's in the colors
Of these autumn leaves

Posted: Oct 21st, '19, 03:08    

Hotarla

how can they be lies? aren't there warnings on cigarette packages as well??

roflmaoo. conspiracy indeed. *shakes head*

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 21st, '19, 04:39    

Demonskid

1 she has a 4th grade reading education, (yet she can read Johnny Cash Biographies just fine >x> She has selective reading issues)
2 the print is too tiny even I have troubles reading those warnings xD that one I can't find fault with...

It's coming back to bite her in the butt, thats for sure. I think the flu shot she got that one monday just caught up to her, last nights runs and today's weakness is like.. all flu crap. =A= i mean 2 days ago she was feeling so much better, walking with a cane instead of a walker, eating.. now she needs me to hold onto her while on a walker... she's gonna cancel her knee dr appointment tomorrow, so I'ma have her walk around the living room some. try and strengthen them legs

(0) (0)
Time passes me
Like a man on the street
It's in the colors
Of these autumn leaves

Posted: Oct 21st, '19, 05:05    

Hotarla

ohhh I see. D: I'm sorry your mom is feeling so bad. my mom has good and bad days too, although I think she's getting a bit better. at least she doesn't need a crutch to get around, a month or two ago, she pulled a muscle and she was in so much pain, she couldn't even stand for very long. Anything that required long periods of standing, I had to do for her. she's better now though.

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 21st, '19, 05:56    

Demonskid

bleh pulled muscles suck... My tendon on my left foot is on the verge of completely tearing.. hurts so bad.. glad your mom is getting better

12-13ish more characters to go description wise! (not counting pets >w>,) Then I can go back and re-rewrite stuff to include proper descriptions x'D

(0) (0)
Time passes me
Like a man on the street
It's in the colors
Of these autumn leaves

[ 19938 posts ]