Nintendo DS - Nintendo Switch  21%  [ 8 ]
Megadrive - Dreamcast  3%  [ 1 ]
Other  37%  [ 14 ]
Total votes : 38
 Post subject: Favourite underrated game
Posted: Jun 14th, '20, 05:33    

Reht

Hugs: 11386
Hey everyone - thought it'd be fun to talk about our favourite games that no-one else we know likes. And who knows, maybe you'll find some kindred spirits in the thread? c:

No-one likes a super long first post, so I'll just go with one of the ones I love for now haha

Klonoa 2 for the ps2 is such an adorable little character platformer that actually has a pretty decent story/ characters.
The cel-shaded graphics look good even by today's standards and the gameplay is really smooth and satisfying to pull off - and those monster designs are so damn cute!
(Any other klonoa fans on here let me know - I replayed it recently and ended up editing together a nice laptop background, happy to share c: )

(0) (0)
▃▅▆ The Inbetween ▆▅▃
A walk-in role-play hangout - please come and join C:

Post subject: Re: Favourite underrated game
Posted: Jun 20th, '20, 23:57    

Koi

Hugs: 5219
Mood: i am a meat popsicle
N64 - Mischief Makers: Sidescroller with boss fights, anime art style and some cute plot points. You play a robot maid who has to save her Master. No one else I know has ever played it. I won't say it's held up over the years, but I got such a kick out of it. Every time the main character used the "shake" action, she'd say "SHAKE SHAKE~!" in the cutest way, lol.

NES/VM - Princess Tomato in the Salad Kingdom: It's like a text-based adventure game with anthropomorphic vegetables. You play Sir Cucumber who must set out to save the kidnapped Princess Tomato. Super cute and I liked the music! Downside/upside is the battle system works like Rock, Scissor, Paper. It's a refreshing way to play.

(0) (0)

Posted: Jun 21st, '20, 16:35    

Reht

Hugs: 11386
Awe - they both sound great c:

I googled mischeif makers too and I love the art style! Old school anime is :qh:

Unfortunately I never had an N64 (PSX was the first console that our family could afford and it was shared between my brother, sister and me haha)

I'm so excited for the new pokemon snap - I wanted to play it so much as a kid but missed out on it :mcsquee:

(0) (0)
▃▅▆ The Inbetween ▆▅▃
A walk-in role-play hangout - please come and join C:

Posted: Jun 25th, '20, 15:09    

Koi

Hugs: 5219
Mood: i am a meat popsicle
Aww shoot. A shame you couldn't have one in your family. Yeah, my sister and I had one, but I admit it was mainly me that used it XD
It was worth it for the Zeldas alone- those games are priceless imo

Oh? I did have the old Snap! There were stations at the Blockbuster branches here where you could print out the photos you took as stickers via a card you'd insert! Super high tech stuff at the time, haha. I still have some of the stickers and the cards ^^ neat keepsakes in their own right. I didn't know they were remaking it!

Yeessss~ old anime styles :qh: There is just something super cute about them

(0) (0)

Posted: Jul 11th, '20, 01:24    

Metapod

Hugs: 38856
I remember seeing an old screenshot Let's Play of Princess Tomato in the Salad Kingdom, it was a real trip.

I'm going to throw Siralim 1 through 3 in the pile, I'm surprised they aren't more talked about, especially when people talk about monster-catching games. Every monster has a trait that can create some crazy combo effects, especially because every fight has 6 of your monsters on the field at once. The only other monster catching game that's as unique is Touhou Puppet Dance Performance, which is also amazing but uncommon on the English side of the internet.

(0) (0)

[ 5 posts ]