Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate My Account Help

Jump to:

[ 1746 posts ] 
 Post subject: Re: Dappervolk Intro! ❦
Posted: Sep 21st, '22, 04:13    

Hotarla

Hugs: 89523
i think i've been to more funerals than weddings, tbh. XD;; 2 for my grandparents, 1 for my granduncle.
and as for actual weddings, i've only been to like....1 after wedding banquet. never been to an actual wedding with vows and walking down the aisle and stuff. xD;;

gosh it must be so stressful to live with your sister and nephew if having them leave for a few days makes you a bit more relaxed. 8u sometimes i think my own sister should just get her own place, she's younger than me and has a steady boyfriend of several years........but her stuff is literally like a hurricane went through the place, her stuff is literally EVERYWHERE. i'm surprised she can even SLEEP in her own bed in our shared room, she has like half her wardrobe just scattered all over her bed and there's barely enough room to even sleep there. the entire summer, she never slept there, instead sleeping either downstairs or in my parents room (since its the only room with AC)

(0) (0)
Selling Wild Knuffel, Dig and Event Items Here!

Posted: Sep 21st, '22, 15:45    

Rubie

Hugs: 135949
I can't even TELL YOU how many I've been for both. Like I just remember weddings being a bore. The last one I've went to was for my cousin like 2-3 years ago (it was like right before covid iirc) and I WAS SO BORED! And it was so unorganized that I somehow ended up help cleaning up since none of the my cousin's family nor his new wife's family was helping the poor girl that was doing it all by herself. And it was on a farm, like next to the barns, so it was smelly. And guests had to use porta potties so I held it in allll night.

IKR And we trying to convince her to go again this weekend but she says she's going to finally do the cleaning of all of her shit she brought (and dusting, cleaning her bathroom like I've asked her to months ago) so let's see if that actually flipping happens.
Your sister sounds like she would stress me out with her stuff everywhere.

(0) (0)
Buying Lots of Stuff!

Come chat with me?

Posted: Sep 21st, '22, 15:54    

Hotarla

Ah. Well….maybe you have more family and friends than me. XD;; irl, i don’t have a lot of friends so i haven’t been to many weddings/funerals there. As for family, my immediate family is small. Everyone else lives in HK or the US.

Yeah she stresses everyone out with all her crap lying around everywhere. My mom complains soooo much. My dad will occasionally complain. I stay quiet and just….move everything lol. I don’t care what she thinks, if she’s got stuff lying around near my stuff, i get a bag and stuff everything in. 8u than its like “figure it out yourself” lol.

(0) (0)

Posted: Sep 21st, '22, 16:07    

Rubie

For both weddings and funerals, it's mostly close family or close family friends. I will try to wiggle my way out of going to both if I can lol. But not having family around like you would explain why you don't go to many.

GOD SOUNDS LIKE MY SISTER! You should have seen her house. IT was just junk EVERYWHERE! Hopefully she doesn't do it to her remodeled house because ya'll it was bad.
That's how I am with her stuff she just leaves around. I throw it on the shit she keeps telling me she is going to go through. Like I can point out the section of shit she's bought since she's moved in and hasn't touched because she leaves it on the counter and won't ever touch it again so I throw it with the rest.

(0) (0)
Buying Lots of Stuff!

Come chat with me?

Posted: Sep 21st, '22, 21:15    

Hotarla

Yeah. Like my maternal grandparents, i couldn’t go to either of those funerals because HK. So sometimes, just location wise, weddings and funerals were a no go for me.

Yeah lol. For my sister, it was mostly clothes. XD;;

(0) (0)

Posted: Sep 21st, '22, 22:02    

Rubie

Yeah I can see that. Especially if you have a large family it would be too time consuming to travel over there each time.

Man if it was just clothes everything would be thrown in garbage bags by now.

(0) (0)
Buying Lots of Stuff!

Come chat with me?

Posted: Sep 21st, '22, 22:20    

Hotarla

Well i dunno if you would call it a large family. Its just most extended family members live elsewhere. XD;;

Yeah inorite? XD;; i would totally do that.

(0) (0)

Posted: Sep 21st, '22, 22:23    

Rubie

Yeah that's what I meant lol! Usually besides close family (like first cousin's) I can get out of going to events for extended family lol. For the most part.

I should just do it anyway. It's just a pig sty. And I have to live with it. ugh.

(0) (0)
Buying Lots of Stuff!

Come chat with me?

Posted: Sep 21st, '22, 22:56    

Hotarla

Yeah like i can usually get out of meetups with my extended family on my mother’s side, the ones that live in ontario, like my first/second(?) cousins and stuff. UNLESS its my grandaunt (my mom’s aunt), then i have to be filial and go. XD;;

Yeah but…eh i’m too lazy, why do i have to constantly pick up after her? 8u

(0) (0)

Posted: Sep 21st, '22, 23:10    

Rubie

*me googles a word* til.
Yeah. When my grandparents were alive on my mom's side (my dad's side passed away before I was born). I was obligated to go to waaaaaay more things. Now I just don't. I run into them in public and they say hi, we talk, I walk away not really knowing who they were but they were probably family lol.

You shouldn't. Your sister should be the one, but messy people never learn to clean up after themselves.

(0) (0)
Buying Lots of Stuff!

Come chat with me?

[ 1746 posts ]