Jump to:

[ 8494 posts ] 
 Post subject: Re: The Ethereal Saloon
Posted: Oct 18th, '20, 05:16    

Nankuii

Hugs: 279587
Mood: que sera sera
one day i'll try again...

wait how do they sound lol like mouse squeaks?

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 18th, '20, 06:27    

jadepanda-ai

Hugs: 8086
oh no, not like mouse squeaks lol
I found a video with some piggies wheeking, it's like this, but Mousse likes scream-wheeking at me sometimes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDUrc30hf1g

(they actually started wheeking when I was checking out this video lol so cute~ :mcsquee: )

edit -
also, is the background just white for you now? seems like the halloween event started and the background just whited out :mcomg:

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 18th, '20, 07:52    

Nankuii

oh wow i didn't even know wheeking was a word. i'm going to use it from now on uwu
it really is cute!!

oh.. yeah, it's white for me too
they'll maybe replace it with a halloween one? :o

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 20th, '20, 00:36    

jadepanda-ai

right?! wheeking is adorable! :mcsquee:
I'm kinda glad they keep quiet at night though, think I've heard of some people where their piggies wake them up at night or crazy early with snack-wheeks

looks like the background is showing up again on my end :mccute:
I still haven't done any of the halloween quests though :mcsweat: I wanna see what they have this year, but been so sucked in with Genshin Impact and Sky: Children of the Light with it's current event... and been trying to write again and work on characters and their stories.
oh, hey, do you play Sky at all? it's for mobile only atm, but I've been trying to see if I have any friends who play :mcheh:
this whole isolation, quarantine thing is really getting to me... :mcsweat: :mcsleepy:

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 20th, '20, 06:35    

Nankuii

oooh... yeah, i understand that. maybe not to that level. i'm a light sleeper and back then when i had hamsters, i'd wake up to the sound of their wheels lol

since this is a daily (?) thing, it'd be best to start it soon :c

i've heard of the game and seen some screenshots, but my storage is kinda full right now haha
i thought it was a single player game?

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 20th, '20, 08:28    

jadepanda-ai

I used to have hamsters too! the wheels would always get so squeaky lol

it's a daily thing!? :mcomg:
I really need to get on this event! just feels like there's so many things to do right now! I'm probably gonna miss a few items too starting late :mcsweat: :mcdead:

oh no, Sky is very social but also not social? like you can solo it but there's always people around and the game sort of promotes friending people. but what I like with it is that it -is- social, but it's social as a "you emote at each other rather than actually talk to each other" (I like it 'cause a lot of games with in game chat become very toxic... way too fast...) I also like how atmospheric it is :mcsquee: it and Genshin are just both so pretty! :mcsquee:

with writing again... I'm starting to feel a little bad for some of my characters and shocked how many really evil characters I have :mcomg:
it also hit me, that with one of the two primary worlds I'm working on... the healers/medicine based characters have a lot of problems >.>;;;
there's 1 healer, 1 medicine-man, and 1 potion/medicine person.
and one's a drunk who frequents the city brothel, one's a hard-core womanizer/play-boy, and the other is afraid of practically everything :mcgasp:
I feel like I need a healer who's got their act a bit more together... but the next city I'd work on is... very VERY shady :mcmeh: :mcsweat: :mcconf:

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 21st, '20, 03:55    

Nankuii

you're definitely a rodent person!!! xD

oh i thought so, because after you complete one mission, there's a timer until the next one is available :o

oooh.... i like the sound of that. since being in quarantine, i'm really craving my social life lol
not a good thing for an extrovert ;o;
i even thought about buying myself a nintendo switch lite and animal crossing, but i didn't know you need to pay separately if you want to interact with other people? :c

LOL they're solid characters on their own, but i understand what you mean!
make a perfect/sane healer and their only "problem" is that they suck at healing hahahah

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 22nd, '20, 04:09    

jadepanda-ai

I am, I am :mcsquee: :mctongue:
a rodent/cat person, I think. though haven't really had a cat yet :mcheh:

yeah, it's really dumb, you have to pay the Nintendo Online Subscription thing or whatever it's called? I sort of lucked out that my brother and his girlfriend had a "family account" and let me hop on theirs. also, connection issues are a thing... I've hung out with a friend on Animal Crossing to see her Halloween set up, and connection drops and anything you did on the other person's island is un-done.
like I stopped by to give her some stuff too that she hadn't gotten yet with the Halloween decorations, and since it disconnected it teleported the stuff I gave her back to my pockets :mcsleepy:

I was actually debating on the next healer to be more of a "blood-magic" healer. like when you see witches in movies where they sacrifice animals and use their blood to heal and stuff?
I keep hitting this problem though too, where it's like, I can make these side-characters, but I can't for the life of me make a main character. it's almost like I set up the main-character "position" to be more like if I'm expecting someone else to fill that role... like in a roleplay or something :mcsleepy:
or I'll make a potential main character and they'll just fall back into side-character-role :mcsweat:

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 23rd, '20, 05:31    

Nankuii

i really want a cat as a pet soon!

ooh... i see. by chance, do you know how ac is played solo? like if you didn't have the subscription thing. do you think it'll fulfill my social cravings lol

oh thats interesting! i'm not too familiar with healing with blood though haha
main characters are hard ><

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 29th, '20, 01:27    

jadepanda-ai

you need to send pics when you get one :mcsquee:
do you know what kind you might be wanting? I always end up falling for torties or calicos :mcheh:

I feel like AC is made more for solo with the ability to play with others. I've found going to other's islands with the connection drops it gets can be really frustrating and goes from "I've come to see your island and hang out" to a "well... guess not... and everything we just did was re-set because it didn't save it."
with social cravings... I'd say... yes and no? because at first it's really cool hearing what everyone's saying, but the conversations do start to loop at times. like, I've got 4 lazy personalities on my island atm, and they used to feel really fun, but now I'll talk to them and they'll each say the exact same thing :mcsleepy: I think that's part of why I stopped playing for a week. been back in now mainly to make sure I can get all the spooky stuff before the halloween event :mcsweat: :mcheh:

edit:
the thing with Animal Crossing is probably my fault though. diverse personalities are better to go for for the social aspect. but I just fall for those lazy villagers, they're just so adorable~ :mcsquee: :mcsweat: :mcheh:

(0) (0)

[ 8494 posts ]