Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate My Account Help

Jump to:

[ 8494 posts ] 
 Post subject: Re: The Ethereal Saloon
Posted: Mar 30th, '20, 09:51    

jadepanda-ai

Hugs: 8123
that's the thing though, the subs weren't the true translations :mcheh:
the real translation is as sad as the song sounds, but the subs on the original video just switch the words to close sounding english words that change the whole meaning >.<
like the real translation for the beginning verse is "Who am I, Who am I, Who am I, I lost myself. Hold my hand, take my hand where my eyes are blurred. Hold me" but the subs that change to close sounding english words switches it to "Who am I, Who am I, Who am I, Then The Leader Pulls Us All. Home ing my a nadie knew not be yo natural java drew a." and ever since seeing the subs saying "Then the leader pulls us all" that's all I can hear, even though I know he's singing in Korean "I lost myself" :mcomg:
it even does it with the words they sing in English, like it switches "I feel so empty now" to "Feirce winds tell me now" :mcsweat: :mcsweat: this auto-subs in english thing is awful, though it does make the song strangely funny :mcsweat: :mcsweat:

I'm on to normal shirts again :mchappy: :mcglee:
and button ups are nice, but most of my long sleeve ones are kinda frumpy looking lol :mcheh: :mcsweat:

I think I'm dealing well? :mcheh:
been self quarantining, and been trying to be super careful, since I'm worried about how it can effect the lungs and I've had health issues with my lungs, so would rather not get it :mcomg:
I do keep feeling kinda sick-ish though, not sure what's going on with it. I keep having days where I feel super feverish and lethargic, but no actual fever... really hope my mom didn't end up getting it while shopping or something and bring it home :mcomg:
are you doing well? hope you're able to be somewhere safe with the virus going on

(0) (0)

Posted: Mar 31st, '20, 03:33    

Nankuii

Hugs: 282221
Mood: que sera sera
LOL hahaha xD

Yeah, it's best for you to be extra careful because of your condition... it does severely affect the elderly and those who have weakened immune system
Keep checking for symptoms!!

I've been well. I had about a week where I had constant dry coughs, to the point it kept me awake at night lol But no fever, no loss of taste, etc. I'm getting much better right now too.
I feel like the weather has been unusually nice these days... haha :mcheh:

(0) (0)

Posted: Apr 24th, '20, 21:24    

jadepanda-ai

I'll keep checking, it's just hard when I keep having some days where I feel really sick but then I feel fine again. it's been a lot of ups and downs :mcheh: :mcsweat:

it has been really nice lately (except the other day... it snowed here the other day, almost a foot I think :mcomg: :mcomg: :mcomg: , I mean, it's April, no more snow please :mcdead: :mcsleepy: )

really glad I had enough money left over for the new Animal Crossing game, it's helping so much right now, it came out at the best time I think
Spoiler
sorry it took me so long to respond back, things got really hard here...
Reji passed on the 30th :mcsad:

(0) (0)

Posted: May 31st, '20, 08:51    

Nankuii

Oof >< Hang in there, friend.

Oh Animal Crossing! A few of my friends are too much into that haha I love how cute the characters are. I would have bought it, but that would mean I would have to buy a switch lol
Spoiler
No, it's totally okay, I'm not really on kofk either. And I'm sorry to hear that... :( It's been about a month now, how have you been doing?

(0) (0)

Posted: Jun 4th, '20, 00:22    

jadepanda-ai

same to you
seems like it's been crazy out there with the virus and now riots popping up
hope you're able to stay safe

the Switch is pretty expensive :mcomg:
I lucked out because my brother got me one as a gift 2 years ago.
if you ever get the game though, let me know, maybe we can play together or something :mctongue:

I think alright now, Marney's been helping a lot. seems she turns into a cuddler when I'm upset, almost like a puppy.

oh, random question I keep meaning to ask with Korean (if you know)
I keep seeing where in Korean a word will be spelled with a "g", like in the word for "Thank You" but I'll see it spelled with a "k" or pronounced with a "k"
is it a sort of.. like a formal difference depending on pronouncing "g"s like "k"s at times and like "g"s other times? or is it more of a dialect thing depending on where you're from?
just kind of confused because I've heard it pronounced and spelled both "gamsahabnida" and "kamsahabnida" but then always spelled in Hangeul as "감사합니다" always with the letter for "g" (I've heard/seen this with other words too, but mostly with "g" becoming "k")

(0) (0)

Posted: Jun 5th, '20, 07:32    

Nankuii

i think i'm more safe in my college town than back home... although i am moving home soon lol

oh that's so nice! i almost want to buy it for myself as a graduation present, but i'm scared i'm going to be too into it haha
and yeah! i'll let you know :D

aww... that's so cute :') i think it's crazy how animals can detect when we're sad, even by our body movements. really, i underestimate them

hm... as far as i know, it has nothing to do with formal or dialect. it's just... more of an english thing? i think it's kind of hard to translate each sound in korean to english, because thank you, for example, has a sound in between g and k... ya feel? in another example, the ㄹ sound (imo) it sounds like between an r and a l sound, so in english it is used interchangeably. i honestly don't even know if i'm giving the right explanation, it's just what i feel haha

(0) (0)

Posted: Jun 11th, '20, 00:44    

jadepanda-ai

hopefully it's safe back home too :mcgasp:

I could see that happening, Animal Crossing seems like it becomes more of a lifestyle to me lol

ah, I gotcha, I think that makes sense. think it was throwing me off because there's also a letter for "k", so I kept thinking "g" was just "g" and "k" was "k".
the r or the l made sense to me, think it's because I studied Japanese for a bit and they had a rolling "r" sound, and the study book I'm using seemed to imply that it's interchangeable with also calling it "reol", like that it depends more on the word whether to use more of an r or l sound. (if I'm getting that right lol )

(0) (0)

Posted: Jun 11th, '20, 13:08    

Nankuii

yeah haha xD my friend is literally addicted to it, he also called it a lifestyle.
btw, can u show me a picture of your person :o i've seen many and they were all so unique and cute, i kind want to draw it haha

lol i understand! korean is kinda weird, although i'm korean, but i hear it's one of the easiest languages to learn

(0) (0)

Posted: Jul 19th, '20, 10:16    

jadepanda-ai

sorry for vanishing again for so long, things have been pretty rough...
but yea, I should be able to send a pic of my person on Animal Crossing, just keep feeling all self-conscious. like, what should I wear :mcheh: :mcsweat:
(kinda wish KoK had a drag drop function with pics... would make sharing easier too)

Korean is really nice to learn :mchappy: I keep procrastinating though, started working on studying hangeul again when I was last on here, though ended up taking a break from that too.
but I think I get some of the letters better now, like how g is also sort of a k, l is also an r, and b is also sort of like a p.

and the reason I vanished... :mcsad:
Spoiler
Marney passed on the 6th this month... I've been gone because it's been really hard dealing with things... and I didn't know what to say or how to say it, so I just sort of disappeared for a bit...
it's just been really hard with losing her and not having a furry companion for emotional support...

(0) (0)

Posted: Jul 19th, '20, 11:33    

Nankuii

like going on your first date!! haha xD

yes, you're right!! good luck :) i'm learning a little more korean myself, focusing on spelling
Spoiler
aw man, i'm so sorry to hear that :( i understand that it's tough, since half of our conversations were on your rats :c i could definitely feel your love for them, they were lucky to have you as their owner and human friend :qh: :qh: :qh: :qh: :qh: :qh: :qh: :qh: :qh: don't feel bound to kofk, take every break you need! but i'll also be here to talk about it :')

(0) (0)

[ 8494 posts ]