Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate My Account Help

Jump to:

[ 1140 posts ] 
What are you most excited about with the candy shop?
Hair  25%  [ 26 ]
Background items  9%  [ 9 ]
Clothes  9%  [ 9 ]
Body stuff (wings/ears)  11%  [ 11 ]
People posting more often  6%  [ 6 ]
Food!  41%  [ 43 ]
Total votes : 104
 Post subject: Re: ~Tranquil Hangout~ (new poll 09.09.15)
Posted: Jan 19th, '21, 15:03    

jacobgrey

Hugs: 131345
Mood: (◡‿◡)
I have fifteen books scheduled in this year, so this is only the tip of the iceberg... normally I will get as much as 12 extra books as well from my romance client (well, 11 now, because I'm already doing the January one). So, yeah, it could be 26 all in. And people wonder why I don't get a lot of time off XD

Ugh yeah that's not good. At least there are only two of us here. When we get sick of each other he can be in the living room and I can be in the bedroom and we have our own space-ish. Although now that he's back at work I hardly know what to do with myself, he was doing all the cooking for me and I'm like "how do I make lunch, again?" XD

Graduating will be so strange for everyone this year. It's a shame you won't get to have all the ceremony and everything. Mind you, I barely remember mine. I was so nervous about having to get up on stage, and praying to myself not to trip, that it all passed in a blur XD

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
First fairy 8.4.15; 2nd 7.6.17
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: Mar 14th, '22, 07:41    

chuunibyou

Hugs: 101044
Mood: spiritual
Hey, how have you been? :mcglee:

Oh gosh. And writers in general spend like a year on one novel! I'm extra impressed cause I know how delicious your writing is.

(0) (0)
Come chat with me at my hangout thread!
Stroctoperry wrote:Because KofK trumps homework, for some reason.
Death Candy wrote:I just realized that "take out" means food, dating, and murder. And if you were a female praying mantis you'd have all three.
Akili Li wrote:People talk about bravery in these super dramatic terms like it only applies to soldiers going to war, but for all that I think true courage is found in the hard every day moments of social interaction and standing up for what you believe in even when it's not life-or-death, when it's instead a matter of approval-or-ostracization among people whose opinions you care about. That's harder, to my mind. That's an ongoing, you have to live with it forever thing, instead of one single moment that's the exception instead of the rule.

First fairy found 28th May 2015
Second fairy found 11th May 2017
Third fairy found 9th Jan 2024

Posted: Mar 14th, '22, 12:01    

jacobgrey

Yeah, people do spend a lot of time normally XD It kinda makes me laugh because a lot of the books I have written for other clients, and one of my own books, have been bestsellers. But I never spent long on them. The maximum was my own book which was about four or five months, and that was only because it needed a lot of research. The others usually get done in less than a month.
Okay, I get that I won't be winning any awards for them - for that, I would need to spend more time. I can see how it might be worth it to spend 5 years writing a book that will win big awards and end up paying you hundreds of thousands from the royalties as huge numbers of people read it.
... or on the other hand I could make hundreds of thousands over that time by just writing more than one book a month and making a couple thousand from each book, haha. This year I already hit my 75th book published of all time, there are still some others written that didn't get published yet.

(anyway, felt like I went on a long tangent there XD) I've been good hahahah, how are you? I'm on "maternity leave" from my main work for a bit longer, but I've just started back working at my magazine over the weekend so I'm a bit grouchy about that XD

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: Mar 14th, '22, 12:29    

chuunibyou

jacobgrey wrote:This year I already hit my 75th book published of all time, there are still some others written that didn't get published yet.
Oh WOW! Are you a ghostwriter, then? I think from what I remember that a lot of your books which you wrote for clients aren't in your name.

Congratulations on your offspring :mclaugh: and aww I wish you could take a longer break from your magazine as well.

(0) (0)
Death Candy wrote:I just realized that "take out" means food, dating, and murder. And if you were a female praying mantis you'd have all three.
Akili Li wrote:People talk about bravery in these super dramatic terms like it only applies to soldiers going to war, but for all that I think true courage is found in the hard every day moments of social interaction and standing up for what you believe in even when it's not life-or-death, when it's instead a matter of approval-or-ostracization among people whose opinions you care about. That's harder, to my mind. That's an ongoing, you have to live with it forever thing, instead of one single moment that's the exception instead of the rule.

Posted: Mar 14th, '22, 12:34    

jacobgrey

Yes, that's right! The large majority of them are "by" someone else haha. I don't mind not getting the credit so long as I get paid XD

Thanks! I am honestly torn between a) I want to spend every minute with my baby and b) I am the main earner in the household so I really ought to get back to work XD XD

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: Mar 14th, '22, 12:45    

chuunibyou

jacobgrey wrote:I don't mind not getting the credit so long as I get paid XD
I understand :mclaugh:

That's a struggle. Is your partner able to help with childcare to make the transition back to work easier for you?

(0) (0)

Posted: Mar 14th, '22, 12:55    

jacobgrey

He's only around at weekends and in evenings, but in the evenings I have to go to bed early so I can wake up early with the baby haha. We worked out a schedule for weekends but we have so much to do that I'm lucky to get 3 hours working time each day.
I do have help from a couple of others. I have an assistant who comes once a week, but usually we end up coming up with more new stuff to add to my to do list rather than actually making it shorter. And once a week I'm supposed to have four hours of childcare from his grandparents, but this last two weeks first one and then the other got covid, and now after recovering, they have to continue isolating as my mother in law has an operation next month which it is required for. So I'm going to be the best part of two months without that help, once she's recovered enough from the operation itself to have him there again :mcheh: In other words, I am working while he naps and that's it lol

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: Mar 16th, '22, 07:34    

chuunibyou

Do you have other resources for childcare, like a babysitter/childminder or a creche? I know they can be prohibitively expensive though.

(0) (0)

Posted: Mar 16th, '22, 14:39    

jacobgrey

Yeah, got it in one, the cost would be too high haha. Also a lot of places just didn't reopen again after covid, especially in the childcare area. Many of the services I should have access to didn't happen at all. Even some of our mandated government checkups happen over the phone or just get cancelled these days.

Today my brother in law is coming round for a few hours, so I'll have some time to work. It's hard for him though because he's in a wheelchair and had a two hour plus public transport journey to get here, so he can't come every week. But every single day helps at the minute lol. He actually told me off for not asking for help last week XD

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: Mar 23rd, '22, 15:54    

chuunibyou

jacobgrey wrote: He actually told me off for not asking for help last week XD
Aww that's sweet of him!
I hope childcare services reopen soon, it's been long enough.

(0) (0)

[ 1140 posts ]