Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate My Account Help

Jump to:

[ 1140 posts ] 
What are you most excited about with the candy shop?
Hair  25%  [ 26 ]
Background items  9%  [ 9 ]
Clothes  9%  [ 9 ]
Body stuff (wings/ears)  11%  [ 11 ]
People posting more often  6%  [ 6 ]
Food!  41%  [ 43 ]
Total votes : 104
 Post subject: Re: ~Tranquil Hangout~ (new poll 09.09.15)
Posted: Jan 23rd, '20, 18:29    

jacobgrey

Hugs: 131186
Mood: (◡‿◡)
So true, on both of those! And a cold spreads so easily too. Really we should stay away from other people.

Yes, almost too much :mcheh: I've barely had time for anything else the last couple of months. I've just finished ghostwriting book 2 in a series (actually book 1 came out and I bought myself a print copy so I could see how it came out, and that arrived today, so exciting), and that was a big rush to the deadline. Currently I'm on book 4 of my own series and I had to focus on that a lot since the previous deadline took up so much of my time, I fell behind on the projected timeline.
And on top of that I just accepted a contract for another little novella in-between now and the third book of that series, so I have to rush to stay on track :mcheh:

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
First fairy 8.4.15; 2nd 7.6.17
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: Jan 25th, '20, 15:57    

chuunibyou

Hugs: 100797
Mood: spiritual
ooh my, that's a LOT of writing! :mcshock: how do you usually manage it? i suppose hitting word count goals would be of importance in your work routine?

also! you have your own series? :mcgrin: is it true-crime related?

(0) (0)
Come chat with me at my hangout thread!
Stroctoperry wrote:Because KofK trumps homework, for some reason.
Death Candy wrote:I just realized that "take out" means food, dating, and murder. And if you were a female praying mantis you'd have all three.
Akili Li wrote:People talk about bravery in these super dramatic terms like it only applies to soldiers going to war, but for all that I think true courage is found in the hard every day moments of social interaction and standing up for what you believe in even when it's not life-or-death, when it's instead a matter of approval-or-ostracization among people whose opinions you care about. That's harder, to my mind. That's an ongoing, you have to live with it forever thing, instead of one single moment that's the exception instead of the rule.

First fairy found 28th May 2015
Second fairy found 11th May 2017
Third fairy found 9th Jan 2024

Posted: Jan 25th, '20, 19:24    

jacobgrey

Yes, of utmost importance :mcheh: Actually I began tracking it lately and I found that I only really do about 4 hours of work a day. I type pretty fast. But the rest of the day is taken up by the fact that after every quick stretch of writing, maybe 1000 or 2000 words, I need to rest my brain and take a break, or I can't continue. So I could probably work faster if my brain was optimised more. Also then there are the endless minutes lost to reading and replying to emails, and so on... in the end I am working for long days but look back and only four hours of real work was done :mcheh:

Yes I do! I have one standalone true crime book and then a crime fiction series called Serial Investigations (there is a link in my signature). This is based on a lot of true crime stuff as well, but turned into a fictional story. Usually one or two real cases inspire the plots.

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: Jan 30th, '20, 17:12    

chuunibyou

ooh wow! i'm a very slow writer, i think 1000-2000 words at a stretch is amazing! especially as i've read some of your work, original as well a fanfiction, and you don't compromise quality for quantity. all the words feel like the right words when i'm reading them.

through the link in your signature i read 'moss pavements' and :qh: i loved the atmosphere of the story, it felt like something out of time yet it could happen in my own timeline. i don't think i understood the ending completely; did her husband do something? to try and make sure her life isn't the bargain for spring to come?

(0) (0)
Death Candy wrote:I just realized that "take out" means food, dating, and murder. And if you were a female praying mantis you'd have all three.
Akili Li wrote:People talk about bravery in these super dramatic terms like it only applies to soldiers going to war, but for all that I think true courage is found in the hard every day moments of social interaction and standing up for what you believe in even when it's not life-or-death, when it's instead a matter of approval-or-ostracization among people whose opinions you care about. That's harder, to my mind. That's an ongoing, you have to live with it forever thing, instead of one single moment that's the exception instead of the rule.

Posted: Jan 31st, '20, 00:27    

jacobgrey

It's just practice, I type fast and I always do my plan ahead of time so I don't have to think as much before I write haha. But also there is the editing process, definitely the first draft is not as good.

Thanks! haha. Well, I like to allow readers to come to their own conclusions with short stories because they are self-contained little things and it can be more magical that way. But in my head when I was writing it, it was more like the other way round - he gives his own life as well to make sure the spell will work.

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: Feb 16th, '20, 13:29    

chuunibyou

i need to get on board with outlining before writing! it seems to me like a way to avoid writer's block :mcgrin:

oooooo :mcshock: i'm glad i asked you, that makes so much sense! and it's so beautiful.

(0) (0)

Posted: Feb 17th, '20, 16:59    

jacobgrey

Oh yeah, definitely. I never get writer's block. I can sometimes get fatigue when I just feel too brain-tired to work anymore, but never block.

I should do more short stories. I really enjoy working on them. It's just that I don't have a lot of time. I'm writing three books at once right now as well as running the magazine, there's not much spare room for anything else :mcheh:

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: Jan 15th, '21, 09:02    

chuunibyou

Hi! How have you been? :mcglee: How is writing going, what projects have you got right now? And in general, world's been crazy, hope you've been holding up okay.

(0) (0)

Posted: Jan 15th, '21, 23:42    

jacobgrey

Thank you, I've been doing good! I mostly have just been isolating a lot haha. My husband only just started to work again, so for about 9 months it was just the two of us rattling around in our apartment, with fewer outings than I have fingers XD

Right now... let's see XD I'm in editing for one book, writing for one book, planning for two books, and then there's a final book which I've done everything for but we're now working on the marketing campaign. I got it picked up by a publisher to go out under my real name, so I actually have to do appearances and stuff for this one XD

Mind you, now that I think about it, it's not my real name haha. I changed my legal name when we got married but not my working name. So in a weird way, the name on my birth certificate is now my pseudonym XD

How has life been for you?

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: Jan 16th, '21, 09:15    

chuunibyou

I've been isolating for the past year too. Our household has five members though so with us there was a lot of conflict over sharing space. We didn't have those problems until we were stuck with each other in the house all day- with one person going to work and two kids away at school or at college, all of us sharing this one apartment wasn't a problem before. Now we've finally figured out an arrangement we're all happy with. But it took months of me getting the furry end of the lollipop and throwing tantrums :mcsweat:

Oh wow, that's a lot! Good luck, sounds like a lot of work but also sounds very exciting!
jacobgrey wrote:I changed my legal name when we got married but not my working name. So in a weird way, the name on my birth certificate is now my pseudonym XD
That's weird but cool :mclol:

I'll be graduating college from home, so that's weird. Also began dabbling in tarot and witchcraft over the lockdown situation because I wanted some control, lol. Right now I'm writing fanfiction and also working on my final thesis for college.

(0) (0)

[ 1140 posts ]