Sewing  16%  [ 33 ]
Weaving  2%  [ 5 ]
Embroidery  8%  [ 16 ]
Quilting  5%  [ 11 ]
Other (please tell me what so I can include it in the poll!)  18%  [ 37 ]
None  7%  [ 15 ]
Food  25%  [ 53 ]
Total votes : 210
 Post subject: Re: Chrizi's Crafty Corner - come chat!
Posted: Jul 2nd, '19, 22:17    

jacobgrey

Hugs: 130659
Mood: (◡‿◡)
Eek, Audriella D:

Chrizine, those batwing sleeves :mclove: so pretty.
Thanks for reading my newsletter haha :D I am glad someone still pays attention.
I finished GOT! The last season made me really mad haha. Like almost everyone it sounds like. But it was fine. In the end, it was intense and then it was over and that's that XD

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
First fairy 8.4.15; 2nd 7.6.17
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: Jul 11th, '19, 12:08    

Chrizine

Hugs: 109519
Mood: Elusive Crumpet
Sorry for poofing again... Have been spending my free time on doing taxes and helping my bf with some things and then also some fun activities like visiting another medieval fair this weekend :) I got some fabric there, I'll have to post some pictures and details about my plans when I'm home and have a bit of time.

Okay, let's go in order :

Mem, thank you! :qh:
Definitely don't be ashamed, just because your mom has a certain skill doesn't mean you have to have it or that you'd just magically inherit it. But if you ever want to learn to sew, I guess you have a great opportunity, since you can ask a professional whenever something is confusing :)

Audriella, that sounds very scary! I hope you /your doctors will find a way to deal with it (and preferably soon, to take the stress off you and your family)! I also hope that no matter how it progresses, your family will pull itself together and support you in the best way possible. You are a lovely person and deserve all the support you can possibly get to deal with these awful things life throws at you!

Jacob, thanks! I'm digging the sleeves as well!
I really like the files on high profile serial killers you put :)
Yeah, the last season wasn't great. I'm somehow not sad at all that it's over... Just waiting for the book version now :D

(0) (0)
My personal Quest thread:

And my buying thread!

My crafty hangout thread, where I talk about my sewing and crocheting projects and would love to hear about any kind of projects you do (or just come chat, that's fine too!):
Most urgent wishes currently:

ImageImageImageImageImage
Ehlenia Eyes (Aqua), Eyrion Fan (Claret), Jiniri Hair (Mocha), Lunar Night Banshee Hair (Blue White), Bat Momma Eyes (Ecru)

Check out jacobgrey's awesome interactive Harry Potter Fanfiction thread!

I'm on Flight Rising and Tattered Weave as well- feel free to friend me!

Posted: Jul 11th, '19, 18:58    

jacobgrey

I did my taxes too, I felt like I was dying at the end of it XD So much maths haha.

I'm glad you like those bits :D I thought it would add a little something different that other authors don't have in their newsletters.

Ah yes, it will be interesting to see how the book goes. I think if I was GRRM, after the feedback from the last season,
Spoiler: Just in case of people who haven't seen it yet haha
I would make Jon King at least in the North if not in the 7 Kingdoms. And maybe not have Dany go on a homicidal rage and slaughter everyone :'D but I guess that isn't really his style, to let people survive haha

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: Jul 11th, '19, 19:07    

Audriella

Hugs: 12083
Chrizi & jacob; it’s a (huge) struggle right now, but eventually nothing more can be done. I’m mostly at peace with it. Just trying to make things easier for my family and using time best I can.

Anyway, jacob, a bit of written humor:

I love eating my family and not using commas.

(0) (0)

Posted: Jul 11th, '19, 22:32    

jacobgrey

Ha! Audriella, I'm not ashamed to admit I laughed out loud.

I'm glad you're finding your peace :qh: It sounds like the best way to deal with things.

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: Jul 11th, '19, 23:54    

Audriella

It is my favorite. I also laugh all the time at an ASL stand/understand joke.

I’m going to explain badly.

In ASL, “stand” is signed with the main/dominant hand in the shape of how people typically gesture 2 (to represent the legs) ‘standing’ on a non-dominant palm-up ‘floor’.

So it logically follows that “understand” should be the whole thing upside down.

That’s not how you sign understand, but my mom was so mad at me when I showed her.

(0) (0)

Posted: Jul 12th, '19, 14:30    

jacobgrey

Haha, you explained well because I get it :D

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: Jul 13th, '19, 21:11    

Audriella

i collect amusing things.

That’s it; that’s my life.

(0) (0)

Posted: Jul 14th, '19, 13:58    

jacobgrey

There are definitely much worse things to collect or do with your life!

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: Jul 14th, '19, 15:29    

Chrizine

Hugs: 109519
Mood: Elusive Crumpet
Agreed, that seems like a good purpose in life! And those jokes were both very funny :)
I'm glad to hear you are at peace with things as well. And it is very nice of you to think so much of your family and how your situation affects them. Even if that is probably very hard at times... If you ever need someone to talk who is not so directly involved and can just listen to your struggles from a distance, don't hesitate to shoot me a pm. I personally find internet friends great for talking to family struggles about, since in contrast to real life friends, they don't know the other people involved and won't need to face them after learning some unpleasant things about them.

jacob, if I was GRRM, I'd just try to completely ignore all the feedback on the show and focus on the story I was going to tell before they derailed it ;) Mostly since a lot of the negative feedback might just be a matter of how they executed certain story arcs, not that they would necessarily have to be bad if done right.

And now, onto my fabric news:
I got two fabrics, one is a sturdy dark brown wool that I will make legwear for my boyfriend from - as in, two separate legs that are attached to the undergarments with some strings. Somehow not having to do the crotch and waistband makes pants quite simple :D
I already did a mock-up one from an old bedsheet which I will use as the pattern now. I wanted to start sewing this today, but unfortunately the fabric dried in a weird shape after prewashing it, since our drying rack was too small to really put it on in a flat manner. We put it on a bigger clothes line outside that is (at least we believe / hope so) common to the house where it can hang flat and sprayed it with a bit of water again in the hopes that it will straighten out a bit. Otherwise it will be a bit tricky to place the pattern on it, since it has some places where it just has some big bumps when laid flat on the floor. If you guys have any tips how to deal with that, I'm all ears!

The second one is a lovely grey-green linen fabric which is woven with a bit of a pattern:
I'm not sure how well you can see it in the picture, but it is made from light green threads in one direction and light grey ones in the other, giving it an interesting shine and an almost olive-gold vibe from afar. I just fell in love with it when I saw it :)
I'm planning to make a medieval overdress of some sort from it, but I'm not completely certain what kind. I was originally thinking of doing something similar to the red version in this picture: click
But apparently the lacing on the sides isn't really historically accurate for this kind of dress. Also, I'd want an underdress with some nice and large sleeves instead of what the lady in the picture wears. No idea how accurate that would be, but you guys have seen my love for sleeves :D
So I'm kind of torn between just going with what I see in my head and ignoring if that might ever have been worn in history and doing some research and finding a historically accurate style that I like (and that my fabric is large enough for - I have 1.5 x 2.5 meters).
If you guys have any knowledge of medieval dressing or good sources for where to find some more info/inspiration for it, please tell me!

(0) (0)
My personal Quest thread:

And my buying thread!

My crafty hangout thread, where I talk about my sewing and crocheting projects and would love to hear about any kind of projects you do (or just come chat, that's fine too!):
Most urgent wishes currently:

ImageImageImageImageImage
Ehlenia Eyes (Aqua), Eyrion Fan (Claret), Jiniri Hair (Mocha), Lunar Night Banshee Hair (Blue White), Bat Momma Eyes (Ecru)

Check out jacobgrey's awesome interactive Harry Potter Fanfiction thread!

I'm on Flight Rising and Tattered Weave as well- feel free to friend me!

[ 734 posts ]