Sewing  16%  [ 33 ]
Weaving  2%  [ 5 ]
Embroidery  8%  [ 16 ]
Quilting  5%  [ 11 ]
Other (please tell me what so I can include it in the poll!)  18%  [ 37 ]
None  7%  [ 15 ]
Food  25%  [ 53 ]
Total votes : 210
 Post subject: Re: Chrizi's Crafty Corner - come chat!
Posted: Oct 23rd, '19, 05:47    

demonajay

Hugs: 3379
Mood: Talkative

Code: Select all

[quote=demonajay]
[color=#880202][u][b]About:[/b][/u] Hi you can call me Demona. I'm in my 20s. I don't have the ablity to sit still really unless my brain or hands are doing at least something be it playing with a small piece of clay or typing on a keyboard. I always have something in my hands. I used to do a lot of crafting when I was a kid but as I grew up the internet took over my life. Now that has changed yet again and I find myself not wanting to be on the computer besides having it play music for me. I don't go out much but I hate it. Right now I have a lot of yarn to do whatever with but I don't really know much. I just want some friends honestly, I'm feeling alone.
[u][b]Can do:[/b][/u]  I spool knit and lately I've been painting pottery
[u][b]Would like to:[/b][/u] sewing. I'd love to make my cousin a baby blanket
[u][b]Favourite Projects:[/b][/u] I'm doing pottery. I have a piece I could show you in about a week. It's being painted tomorrow and will be ready to show off a week or so after that.[/color]
[/quote]

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 23rd, '19, 13:34    

jacobgrey

Hugs: 131512
Mood: (◡‿◡)
Hey, welcome! :D

This reminds me to update: I'm currently making a pendant for my Halloween costume. It's kind of icicles I guess? I'm going to be the Snow Queen. I took a design I made ages ago for mountains and thought if I did it in blue and silver it would look like ice. It still kind of looks like mountains X'D but hey snowy, icy mountains at least. I'm almost done with the edging, which has been killing me, and then I will add a metal loop and attach it to the chain I bought this weekend.

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
First fairy 8.4.15; 2nd 7.6.17
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: Oct 23rd, '19, 21:59    

Chrizine

Hugs: 110344
Mood: Elusive Crumpet
Welcome to the crafty corner, demonajay! :)
I added you to the front page :)
I'd love to see your pottery project once it's done! But no stress, we're all terrible at posting pictures in a timely fashion here ;) :P

*thinks of tablet weaving pictures she promised weeks ago*
It's dark right now... Hopefully I manage to take some this weekend. I've been meaning to do it a long time ago... Not that I make huge progress on that, but I'm doing my second band (first real project after the just trying this out attempt) now, which is supposed to become long enough to fit around my head as a circlet to hold a veil.

Sooo sorry for being so absent from my own thread :mcblush:
I've started my first full-time job at the beginning of october and it's been keeping me quite busy.
But I'm trying to be a bit more active on here again, the Halloween event is a nice motivator :)
I've also been meaning to make a big art/writing contest to celebrate the getting a job thing... But I haven't yet gotten around to building a thread for that precisely because of said job... :D

jacob, I saw the progress pics on your insta! I was wondering what the costume will be :)
And yes, it does kinda look like icy mountains ;)
But hey, at least now you know that you designed very recognizable mountains ^^
Maybe your snow queen has her lair/castle somewhere high up in those mountains, so it's just a token of home ;)

(0) (0)
My personal Quest thread:

And my buying thread!

My crafty hangout thread, where I talk about my sewing and crocheting projects and would love to hear about any kind of projects you do (or just come chat, that's fine too!):
Most urgent wishes currently:

ImageImageImageImageImage
Ehlenia Eyes (Aqua), Eyrion Fan (Claret), Jiniri Hair (Mocha), Lunar Night Banshee Hair (Blue White), Bat Momma Eyes (Ecru)

Check out jacobgrey's awesome interactive Harry Potter Fanfiction thread!

I'm on Flight Rising and Tattered Weave as well- feel free to friend me!

Posted: Oct 23rd, '19, 22:06    

demonajay

hello. I didn't get to paint today the place was closed. So upset about it. Well there's always next time. Someday I'll make money off my crafts.

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 23rd, '19, 22:08    

Chrizine

Hugs: 110344
Mood: Elusive Crumpet
Aw, sucks that it was closed :(
Do you already know when you can go there again?

Making money off them is a cool goal. That wouldn't be for me, I do them to relax, trying to make money that way would make them stress for me I think.

(0) (0)
My personal Quest thread:

And my buying thread!

My crafty hangout thread, where I talk about my sewing and crocheting projects and would love to hear about any kind of projects you do (or just come chat, that's fine too!):
Most urgent wishes currently:

ImageImageImageImageImage
Ehlenia Eyes (Aqua), Eyrion Fan (Claret), Jiniri Hair (Mocha), Lunar Night Banshee Hair (Blue White), Bat Momma Eyes (Ecru)

Check out jacobgrey's awesome interactive Harry Potter Fanfiction thread!

I'm on Flight Rising and Tattered Weave as well- feel free to friend me!

Posted: Oct 23rd, '19, 22:33    

demonajay

no idea. It's me and my sister's thing to go to together and she has 5 kids so ya know, life gets in the way.

I'd only sell it because I'm completely out of space to put things plus the summer market is always fun to go to every week when it's summer so it's not like I would be in a place I hate or online unless I start bead work again. I'd sell bead work online.

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 24th, '19, 13:02    

jacobgrey

@Chrizine haha yay for mountains! That's what I was thinking too. She lives in the snowy mountains.
Anyway I will not bother to share a picture here until it's totally done. I have just a very small bit of edging left now but I got annoyed and discouraged because my thread broke. Even though I'm so close to the end it is not enough to finish the line -____- I had cut a really long piece of thread to make sure this wouldn't happen, too. So annoying. It just got tangled somehow and then the two sides kind of fused together, and the only way to separate them was to cut. It wasn't even a knot, just the fibres becoming entwined to the point that it was one single piece.

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: Oct 24th, '19, 23:24    

demonajay

I got my first cross stitch project today. Can't wait to learn, Can't wait to get started but I need time to sit down with my mom to learn. Hopefully soon.

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 24th, '19, 23:36    

jacobgrey

I finished it 8D Just got to do pictures now.

I tried to teach J cross stitch once, he got about one line in and then gave up haha. I don't know why he even decided he wanted to try it in the first place.

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: Oct 25th, '19, 00:09    

demonajay

J? Who's J?

(0) (0)

[ 734 posts ]