Sewing  16%  [ 33 ]
Weaving  2%  [ 5 ]
Embroidery  8%  [ 16 ]
Quilting  5%  [ 11 ]
Other (please tell me what so I can include it in the poll!)  18%  [ 37 ]
None  7%  [ 15 ]
Food  25%  [ 53 ]
Total votes : 210
 Post subject: Re: Chrizi's Crafty Corner - come chat!
Posted: Oct 16th, '18, 15:49    

Chrizine

Hugs: 110062
Mood: Elusive Crumpet
Uh, yeah, I think I wouldn't like being pressed to sell stuff to people that they don't really need. But if it made it possible for you to get the house, that is nice :)
Good luck with getting to the point where you can run the daycare instead!

In more crafty news: I've finally started on the shawl. I like it so far, it's fun to do :) Haven't taken any pictures yet though, maybe I'll manage to do that in the next few days, then I'll show you what I got so far!

(1) (0)
My personal Quest thread:

And my buying thread!

My crafty hangout thread, where I talk about my sewing and crocheting projects and would love to hear about any kind of projects you do (or just come chat, that's fine too!):
Most urgent wishes currently:

ImageImageImageImageImage
Ehlenia Eyes (Aqua), Eyrion Fan (Claret), Jiniri Hair (Mocha), Lunar Night Banshee Hair (Blue White), Bat Momma Eyes (Ecru)

Check out jacobgrey's awesome interactive Harry Potter Fanfiction thread!

I'm on Flight Rising and Tattered Weave as well- feel free to friend me!

Posted: Oct 19th, '18, 17:38    

MissNikki

Hugs: 103212
Mood: Tired. Always tired.
Thank you Chrizine, I'm sure it will all work out eventually. :mcheh: :qh:

Can't wait to see pics of the lovely shawl :mclaugh:

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 26th, '18, 01:51    

Ashiya

Hugs: 11183
Mood: busy
Hi guys, sorry to be gone, I have been feeling super lazy lately (like I barely have the will to do anything) so I've been playing a lot of Pathfinder: Kingmaker (a rpg that came out recently). I stopped a few days ago but still don't feel like doing much else. Anyway I was able to sell 2 amigurumis at a bazaar a few weeks ago. It was at the atelier where I'm learning to sew dolls. So my pink bear and little lamb are gone. I haven't actually posted a pic of the lamb anywhere yet ^^''' but I intend to. It feels a little strange to not know who bought them!
I hope everyone here is doing good and being more productive than I xD
I finished a couple of things that I haven't taken pics of yet and I'm working on a few but... very slowly... Honestly this feels like depression but I'm already on meds and apparently I need to force myself into doing things. Oh well. :mcsleepy:

(0) (0)
Spoiler
:qh: Image :qh:

Posted: Oct 26th, '18, 11:12    

jacobgrey

Hugs: 131201
Mood: (◡‿◡)
Well done for selling them!!
I hope you will feel a more positive mood soon, it's always hard.

I'm still not getting anywhere with making anything. I'm just so busy. I'm at the point of crying in bed at night because I'm just so tired and there is still so much more to do. I want to spend a day sewing, watching bad movies on TV, reading magazines, and having a nap in the afternoon before doing some baking. This is a far-off dream right now. We need money and I'm not earning enough from the newer business yet.

(1) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
First fairy 8.4.15; 2nd 7.6.17
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: Oct 28th, '18, 04:34    

MissNikki

Aww, I feel ya Jacobgrey :mcsweat: :qh:

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 28th, '18, 17:02    

Chrizine

Congrats on the sales Ashiya! :) And nice to see you pop back in here :)

jacob, I hope you'll figure out a good way to take some of the pressure off you... This sounds like you are really at a point where it's just too much. But I get that it's hard to cut something out...

I'm in a bad unproductive mood today :( I slept in and got a slight headache and now I'm really not motivated to work on the project that I really should be making some progress on... But I also feel bad to just throw the day away for work and just go and have fun, so I'm just sitting around procrastinating, which is probably the worst choice... Ahhh...

I've made some good progress on my shawl though. I've started crocheting during all my lectures, it's great because it keeps my hands busy so I can concentrate better (instead of playing on KofK or the like ;)) and even if the lecture wasn't super helpful or interesting in the end, it doesn't feel like wasted time since I at least made crafty progress :D
I really should take a picture soon, but today it's really cloudy and grey out, so the light is pretty terrible. I have all the lights on inside, even though it's the middle of the afternoon.

(0) (0)

And my buying thread!

My crafty hangout thread, where I talk about my sewing and crocheting projects and would love to hear about any kind of projects you do (or just come chat, that's fine too!):

Ehlenia Eyes (Aqua), Eyrion Fan (Claret), Jiniri Hair (Mocha), Lunar Night Banshee Hair (Blue White), Bat Momma Eyes (Ecru)

Posted: Oct 28th, '18, 18:15    

MissNikki

Chrizine wrote:Congrats on the sales Ashiya! :) And nice to see you pop back in here :)

jacob, I hope you'll figure out a good way to take some of the pressure off you... This sounds like you are really at a point where it's just too much. But I get that it's hard to cut something out...

I'm in a bad unproductive mood today :( I slept in and got a slight headache and now I'm really not motivated to work on the project that I really should be making some progress on... But I also feel bad to just throw the day away for work and just go and have fun, so I'm just sitting around procrastinating, which is probably the worst choice... Ahhh...

I've made some good progress on my shawl though. I've started crocheting during all my lectures, it's great because it keeps my hands busy so I can concentrate better (instead of playing on KofK or the like ;)) and even if the lecture wasn't super helpful or interesting in the end, it doesn't feel like wasted time since I at least made crafty progress :D
I really should take a picture soon, but today it's really cloudy and grey out, so the light is pretty terrible. I have all the lights on inside, even though it's the middle of the afternoon.
Don't worry about being lazy on a weekend ... that is what they are for!! :mcheh: :qh:

Glad to hear you are making crafty progress! :mccute: :mccute:

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 28th, '18, 18:37    

jacobgrey

Oh, that's a really good way to make progress on crafting! I did a bit of sewing as we've been watching spooky movies, and I didn't want to get too scared haha so the sewing helps distract me a bit. Although then I realised I can't find my thread bag or embroidery scissors. so I can't actually continue my current project until I find them, which is a shame as I wanted to get this one done and framed up for Halloween.

I've been thinking of taking a job, where I can still work from home but I'll have contracted hours. So we'll see. It might make things better, or it might be worse if that means I can't keep up with the magazine (since I don't want to stop that or sell it before it makes any profit).

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: Oct 28th, '18, 18:51    

Chrizine

It is :) Using it to better withstand horror movies sounds like a good idea, too, though!
I would be afraid of actually stabbing myself on a needle if I sewed during a horror movie, because I jump at jumpscares :D Even if I see them coming from a mile away, I still can't help myself :D
Crocheting could work for me though... But I just tend to not watch those movies :D

Actually, writing about my day here has helped me get out of procrastinating. I really realized how dumb it was when I wrote it down ;)
So I set myself a small goal of something I needed to do that seemed achievable for today and now I actually did it and I think I'll just relax the rest of the evening and try to have actual fun :)

jacob, that sounds like it could go either way, depending on the job, the hours and the pay. I'm holding my thumbs for you though, I definitely understand that you won't give up on the magazine.

(0) (0)

And my buying thread!

Posted: Oct 29th, '18, 13:26    

jacobgrey

Hahaha that could be possible! I'm not too bad with that thankfully. Also I do tend to stab myself a lot so it wouldn't be so bad as I'm getting used to it :'D

That's good! Achieving goals is the best. I like that feeling of satisfaction.

Exactly. I tried to ask about the hours and everything and the guy was just super vague in my interview this morning. We'll see, they might not even offer me the job after all, but if they do I might need to ask again.

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
My books ~*~ My magazine

[ 734 posts ]