Sewing  16%  [ 33 ]
Weaving  2%  [ 5 ]
Embroidery  8%  [ 16 ]
Quilting  5%  [ 11 ]
Other (please tell me what so I can include it in the poll!)  18%  [ 37 ]
None  7%  [ 15 ]
Food  25%  [ 53 ]
Total votes : 210
 Post subject: Re: Chrizi's Crafty Corner - come chat!
Posted: Sep 3rd, '18, 14:38    

Chrizine

Hugs: 110054
Mood: Elusive Crumpet
Hey there Nikki, thanks for coming here! :)

jacob, that sounds weird. I would have said check the bobbin and that it is correctly inserted, but you've already done that... Have you looked at the thread left on the bobbin? Is it still enough and does it look spooled on properly? I once had some weird issues when I had somehow threaded the machine wrong while spooling the bobbin and it was kind of tangled up and not unrolling smoothly. But it seems weird that it worked before and only now the problem shows up...

Btw guys, I went through the last few pages of the thread and linked stuff on the front page, let me know if I missed anything you can still remember being in the thread!

(1) (0)
My personal Quest thread:

And my buying thread!

My crafty hangout thread, where I talk about my sewing and crocheting projects and would love to hear about any kind of projects you do (or just come chat, that's fine too!):
Most urgent wishes currently:

ImageImageImageImageImage
Ehlenia Eyes (Aqua), Eyrion Fan (Claret), Jiniri Hair (Mocha), Lunar Night Banshee Hair (Blue White), Bat Momma Eyes (Ecru)

Check out jacobgrey's awesome interactive Harry Potter Fanfiction thread!

I'm on Flight Rising and Tattered Weave as well- feel free to friend me!

Posted: Sep 3rd, '18, 17:33    

MissNikki

Hugs: 103202
Mood: Tired. Always tired.
Chrizine wrote:Hey there Nikki, thanks for coming here! :)

jacob, that sounds weird. I would have said check the bobbin and that it is correctly inserted, but you've already done that... Have you looked at the thread left on the bobbin? Is it still enough and does it look spooled on properly? I once had some weird issues when I had somehow threaded the machine wrong while spooling the bobbin and it was kind of tangled up and not unrolling smoothly. But it seems weird that it worked before and only now the problem shows up...

Btw guys, I went through the last few pages of the thread and linked stuff on the front page, let me know if I missed anything you can still remember being in the thread!
Hello to you too :qh: I wanted to post here for a bit but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Sounds like you know what you are talking about when it comes to the sewing machine - hopefully your tips can help Jacob :mccute: :mccute:

(0) (0)

Posted: Sep 4th, '18, 00:14    

Chrizine

Glad you found time for it now :)

Haha, no, I'm a big noob as well, I'm always happy when everything just works :D But I've had a few issues by now as well, so at least I can ask people to check for the same errors I made ;)

(1) (0)

And my buying thread!

My crafty hangout thread, where I talk about my sewing and crocheting projects and would love to hear about any kind of projects you do (or just come chat, that's fine too!):

Ehlenia Eyes (Aqua), Eyrion Fan (Claret), Jiniri Hair (Mocha), Lunar Night Banshee Hair (Blue White), Bat Momma Eyes (Ecru)

Posted: Sep 4th, '18, 03:53    

MissNikki

I'm not big into sewing (just by hand) but my mum uses a machine and has taught me a bit over the years but I don't remember much. Most of my crafting consists of scrapbooking, collaging, stamping/embossing and decorating planners. :mcglee:

(0) (0)

Posted: Sep 5th, '18, 16:17    

Chrizine

That all sounds pretty cool as well :)
What do you put into the scrapbooks? I've always wondered about what people fill them with.

(0) (0)

And my buying thread!

Posted: Sep 8th, '18, 08:19    

MissNikki

I usually put important photos, or collections of articles and photos from events that I want to remember. Concert tickets, invitations, memorial cards etc. I like to draw or color little illustrations in them as well or put in pieces of writing. I havent made a scrapbook page since I started my new job though ... it's been so busy and I'm always too exhausted to do much other than hang out on the computer :mcheh:

(0) (0)

Posted: Sep 8th, '18, 14:14    

jacobgrey

Hugs: 131193
Mood: (◡‿◡)
Sadly no, checked the bobbin thread as well as that was one of the suggestions I found. I did literally hours of Googling for the issue lol and nothing anywhere helped. I'm at my wit's end because the same thing happened with my old machine - it jammed a few times and then, because it was plastic, it warped the inner mechanisms from the force of the jam and I had to replace it. I don't know if I'm doing the same thing wrong over and over again, or if it's just a fault which can happen with these less-professional machines. Either way there doesn't seem much point in getting another new one, and I can't really afford to take it to a shop to see if they can diagnose the problem either.

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
First fairy 8.4.15; 2nd 7.6.17
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: Sep 9th, '18, 04:59    

MissNikki

jacobgrey wrote:Sadly no, checked the bobbin thread as well as that was one of the suggestions I found. I did literally hours of Googling for the issue lol and nothing anywhere helped. I'm at my wit's end because the same thing happened with my old machine - it jammed a few times and then, because it was plastic, it warped the inner mechanisms from the force of the jam and I had to replace it. I don't know if I'm doing the same thing wrong over and over again, or if it's just a fault which can happen with these less-professional machines. Either way there doesn't seem much point in getting another new one, and I can't really afford to take it to a shop to see if they can diagnose the problem either.

Oh no :mcgloom: I'm sorry to hear that!!

(0) (0)

Posted: Sep 9th, '18, 13:25    

jacobgrey

Hugs: 131193
Mood: (◡‿◡)
The good news is I have plenty experience sewing by hand :mcheh:

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
First fairy 8.4.15; 2nd 7.6.17
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: Sep 9th, '18, 14:00    

chuunibyou

Hugs: 100810
Mood: spiritual
maybe you can make items that are better to sew by hand? :mcheh: trying to bring out a silver lining over here
although if it's the process you like as much as the final thing, you might enjoy this (do you? like sewing by hand i mean)

(1) (0)
Come chat with me at my hangout thread!
Stroctoperry wrote:Because KofK trumps homework, for some reason.
Death Candy wrote:I just realized that "take out" means food, dating, and murder. And if you were a female praying mantis you'd have all three.
Akili Li wrote:People talk about bravery in these super dramatic terms like it only applies to soldiers going to war, but for all that I think true courage is found in the hard every day moments of social interaction and standing up for what you believe in even when it's not life-or-death, when it's instead a matter of approval-or-ostracization among people whose opinions you care about. That's harder, to my mind. That's an ongoing, you have to live with it forever thing, instead of one single moment that's the exception instead of the rule.

First fairy found 28th May 2015
Second fairy found 11th May 2017
Third fairy found 9th Jan 2024

[ 734 posts ]