Sewing  16%  [ 33 ]
Weaving  2%  [ 5 ]
Embroidery  8%  [ 16 ]
Quilting  5%  [ 11 ]
Other (please tell me what so I can include it in the poll!)  18%  [ 37 ]
None  7%  [ 15 ]
Food  25%  [ 53 ]
Total votes : 210
 Post subject: Re: Chrizi's Crafty Corner - come chat!
Posted: Apr 6th, '18, 00:51    

jacobgrey

Hugs: 131037
Mood: (◡‿◡)
It's kinda lumpy :mcheh: exciting anyway though! I finished the belt today and so now it actually does up and I was able to tie it in a bow like how it will look later. Of course, I still need to hem everything and trim and suchlike. My parents are coming over this weekend though so I likely won't get it done until next week now.

Oh that's a good idea! let me know if you find a particular size works better :D

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
First fairy 8.4.15; 2nd 7.6.17
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: Apr 6th, '18, 11:27    

Chrizine

Hugs: 109924
Mood: Elusive Crumpet
Oh, but that means you are sooo close to being done! :) Nice!

I'll definitely let you know what the outcome of my needle experiments is. Probably won't get to it today though, I should do some stuff for uni since yesterday was a really lazy day (not entirely my fault - we had to go for groceries, but my bf was like "let's go shopping" and I'm unable to say no to that... Bought myself a bunch of new tops, a pair of shoes that I stumbled across randomly and that was exactly what I had been looking for for years now, a cute dress, a pair of shorts and a ring. I'm terrible :D).

(0) (0)
My personal Quest thread:

And my buying thread!

My crafty hangout thread, where I talk about my sewing and crocheting projects and would love to hear about any kind of projects you do (or just come chat, that's fine too!):
Most urgent wishes currently:

ImageImageImageImageImage
Ehlenia Eyes (Aqua), Eyrion Fan (Claret), Jiniri Hair (Mocha), Lunar Night Banshee Hair (Blue White), Bat Momma Eyes (Ecru)

Check out jacobgrey's awesome interactive Harry Potter Fanfiction thread!

I'm on Flight Rising and Tattered Weave as well- feel free to friend me!

Posted: Apr 6th, '18, 15:18    

jacobgrey

Haha I don't blame you, sometimes it feels good to splurge :D Especially if it's something you've been looking for for a while.

Yeah, gotta keep telling myself that XD This weeked is going to feel so long because I can't work on it XD

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: Apr 6th, '18, 18:31    

Chrizine

It definitely does! :) And I do think most of my purchases were sensible, maybe apart from the dress and ring, I didn't really need those, I just liked them. Well, you could argue I didn't actually need the shoes either, but I've wanted them for a long time, so it's okay ;) Now I just need consistent summer weather so I can actually wear them...

I made good progress on the uni stuff today, so I feel like it's ok to stop and do some crafting instead now :)
I'll probably try to make another flower with my new needles and then go back to crocheting - I finally started on the neckstrap thing for my top, I want to finish it so I can wash the crocheted pieces with the pile of white laundry that needs washing urgently, because otherwise it'll have to wait until I can fill a machine the next time. And I definitely want to wash them before sewing the top, otherwise it'll probably get all weird when I wash it the first time.

(0) (0)

And my buying thread!

My crafty hangout thread, where I talk about my sewing and crocheting projects and would love to hear about any kind of projects you do (or just come chat, that's fine too!):

Ehlenia Eyes (Aqua), Eyrion Fan (Claret), Jiniri Hair (Mocha), Lunar Night Banshee Hair (Blue White), Bat Momma Eyes (Ecru)

Posted: Apr 6th, '18, 19:13    

jacobgrey

This is one of the things I quickly learned I had done wrong after already cutting all the pieces of my skirt: I never washed the fabric first :mcheh: ah well. I'm sure it will turn out fine, since it's just a practice project after all. Also I don't even think I like the fabric colour anymore, but that's another story I guess XD

Sounds like a plan. Maybe you'll finish uni work quicker if you have crafting as your reward :D

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: Apr 6th, '18, 19:33    

Chrizine

Ah well, if it's all the same fabric it probably won't have a terrible effect. But if I combined not-washed crocheting work with the prewashed jersey I have for the front, the result would probably be very strange ;) (especially since I have no idea how the crocheted stuff will react to washing in general :D)

Well, since it's a practical skirt with pockets I'm sure you can still get some use out of it, like wearing it around the house, even if you end up not liking the look of it after all. And in any case, you'll have learned a ton :)

That may very well be - I like to bribe myself with nice things to do after I worked to get myself started on the work as well.

(0) (0)

And my buying thread!

Posted: Apr 6th, '18, 19:37    

jacobgrey

That's exactly what I was thinking :mcwink: it might even become my craft skirt, with big pockets to store everything I need, almost like an apron. Also I'm always needing something cooler to wear as our house gets so hot in the summer that it's hard to stand it.

Me too. Sometimes I get naughty and do the nice things before I've done the work though D:

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: Apr 6th, '18, 22:00    

Chrizine

Oh, using it as a craft skirt sounds like a great idea :) If you're certain you'll just use it for that you could even start adding some small pockets for different things you like to keep on hand all over it as you use it and see where you'd like them...

I do that sometimes too :mcblush:

I finished my crocheting and embroidered some more flowers :) The new needles didn't make a big difference though, even though the larger one seemed to make it a tiny bit easier (it's a 22, my ribbon is 6mm wide). I think it's just that my ribbon is too stiff, it's just some random ribbon my craft store had not anything like the fancy silk ribbons that are supposedly best... They look much softer in comparison. Guess I'll just have to do this little bits at a time to give my fingers some rest.

(0) (0)

And my buying thread!

Posted: Apr 8th, '18, 21:07    

jacobgrey

And I can practice new techniques on it as well I guess XD

Ooh sounds good! Although shame about it not getting any easier. Could be that it's just hard I guess.

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: Apr 12th, '18, 23:49    

Chrizine

Oh yeah, that you can do too :)

It's getting a little easier as I get some practice and am less afraid to pull on the needle/ribbon with some oomph. That seems to help :)

(0) (0)

And my buying thread!

[ 734 posts ]