Sewing  16%  [ 33 ]
Weaving  2%  [ 5 ]
Embroidery  8%  [ 16 ]
Quilting  5%  [ 11 ]
Other (please tell me what so I can include it in the poll!)  18%  [ 37 ]
None  7%  [ 15 ]
Food  25%  [ 53 ]
Total votes : 210
 Post subject: Re: Chrizi's Crafty Corner - come chat!
Posted: Jan 9th, '18, 13:54    

jacobgrey

Hugs: 130671
Mood: (◡‿◡)
Don't regret it either way, it's a learning experience XD

I did a lot of embroidery last week but now I haven't even had time to unpack the new sewing machine since getting home. There's so much to do and I'm so far behind on it all X_X I really just want to sit down and make something haha.

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
First fairy 8.4.15; 2nd 7.6.17
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: Jan 9th, '18, 14:01    

Chrizine

Hugs: 109523
Mood: Elusive Crumpet
That's what I'm telling myself as well :D

Ah, I know that feel! Sometimes it's hard to take the time because of other things. I haven't gotten around to continuing with my shirt either, apart from looking at the tutorial videos.
But that's okay, at least I hope my pattern pieces will be flat now. They were rolling up all the time after I cut them, because I had kept the printed paper rolled up, so I just lay them flat on the floor and put some heavy folders on them in the hopes of stopping that. I just hope I manage to somehow puzzle them onto the fabric now, it seemed really close when I tried, but the rolling up was so annoying that I couldn't really determine it yet. If only the fabric was a few centimeters more wide, it would all work perfectly, though...

Good luck with all the stuff you have to do and I hope you find time to relax and do some crafting soon :)

(0) (0)
My personal Quest thread:

And my buying thread!

My crafty hangout thread, where I talk about my sewing and crocheting projects and would love to hear about any kind of projects you do (or just come chat, that's fine too!):
Most urgent wishes currently:

ImageImageImageImageImage
Ehlenia Eyes (Aqua), Eyrion Fan (Claret), Jiniri Hair (Mocha), Lunar Night Banshee Hair (Blue White), Bat Momma Eyes (Ecru)

Check out jacobgrey's awesome interactive Harry Potter Fanfiction thread!

I'm on Flight Rising and Tattered Weave as well- feel free to friend me!

Posted: Jan 9th, '18, 14:04    

jacobgrey

Oh that sounds annoying haha, good thing you came up with a solution!

Thanks... I'm thinking about being lazy and sewing instead of working tonight but my bank balance is disagreeing >.>

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: Jan 9th, '18, 14:13    

Chrizine

I hope it will work, I haven't taken the folders off yet :D But I'll probably leave them until tomorrow still, since I have a dentist's appointment later today and don't want to have to leave in the middle of cutting the fabric or something like that. I should probably try to instead get a bit ahead of my studying plan so I may be able to kinda "take the day off" tomorrow and just work on my shirt the whole day then. I like that idea, just came up with it, that really motivates me right now to get my lazy ass to study :)

Awww, stupid bank balance ruining the fun. Maybe you can try and get ahead on what you need to do to be able to take some time for sewing tomorrow as well?

(0) (0)

And my buying thread!

My crafty hangout thread, where I talk about my sewing and crocheting projects and would love to hear about any kind of projects you do (or just come chat, that's fine too!):

Ehlenia Eyes (Aqua), Eyrion Fan (Claret), Jiniri Hair (Mocha), Lunar Night Banshee Hair (Blue White), Bat Momma Eyes (Ecru)

Posted: Jan 9th, '18, 18:02    

jacobgrey

I've probably got a whole week of cramming ahead of me, I have appointments all this week and next week too lol. Which means less time for work in the first place. Ah well, my fault for slacking off all Christmas XD

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: Jan 9th, '18, 18:55    

Chrizine

Ah, I see. Good luck with that, I'm sure you can make it!
I'm back from the dentist and already halfway through the slides I planned to look at tomorrow, so my plan of a day for sewing might actually be working out :)

(0) (0)

And my buying thread!

Posted: Jan 9th, '18, 19:13    

jacobgrey

I just managed to get two articles done which is a fair start. I did take a break to unpack my delivery though XD I got some new hoops, a book on ribbon embroidery, and some fabric which I'm going to use to decorate my stall at craft fairs. Sew and So has a massive sale online so I'm waiting for a couple more books to come from them as well.

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: Jan 9th, '18, 19:38    

Chrizine

Oh, nice! That sounds very nice! What is ribbon emroidery, actually? Is it using a small ribbon instead of a thread for embroidering?

I'm done with my slides :) Now I just have to wait for my mouth to stop being numb so I can have dinner and un-decorate our christmas tree so that we can bring it to the place where they are collected later this evening.

(0) (0)

And my buying thread!

Posted: Jan 9th, '18, 22:59    

jacobgrey

I think so? I haven't actually read the book yet XD I think there's some parts where you use thread to hold the ribbon in place as well. All I know for sure is, I've seen lots of it around and it looks so pretty, I want to be able to do it.

I actually just remembered because of the other thread: over Christmas my mum asked me to alter a shirt for her. It had a split down the back and she said it wasn't flattering, so she wanted it sewn up. I sat and carefully sewed it together so that it would sit flat and look natural, and she tried it on. Then she was like "Oh I'll probably throw it away, it doesn't suit me after all" :mcmeh:

You're telling me this now after I worked so hard on it?! Really. I ordered her to keep it and to wear it rather than wasting my work lol. Anyway, she's supposed to be losing a bit more weight so I told her it will probably suit her better soon.

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: Jan 10th, '18, 00:21    

Chrizine

I see :D Well, you can tell me more about it once you got to read your book :)
... I just did a quick google image search for "ribbon embroidery" and oh my that stuff looks gorgeous! So many beautiful flowers! Do you think this is something that one could start without knowing much about embroidery yet or is it better to have done some regular embroidery first? (If you can't answer that yet, I completely understand ;) But I could totally see myself trying to learn to do a few little flowers to add as decorations onto some garments...)

Uh, what? That's not very nice of her. Good that you stood up to that and told her to keep it! She really could have thought about whether she wanted to keep it a bit more before asking you to invest your time into it...

(0) (0)

And my buying thread!

[ 734 posts ]