Sewing  16%  [ 33 ]
Weaving  2%  [ 5 ]
Embroidery  8%  [ 16 ]
Quilting  5%  [ 11 ]
Other (please tell me what so I can include it in the poll!)  18%  [ 37 ]
None  7%  [ 15 ]
Food  25%  [ 53 ]
Total votes : 210
 Post subject: Re: Chrizi's Crafty Corner - come chat!
Posted: Apr 13th, '17, 07:29    

Chrizine

Hugs: 109543
Mood: Elusive Crumpet
Oh, awesome! Then I can ask you to show some of your rock work as well maybe :) I didn't before, because I remembered you said somewhere that you couldn't take photos (probably in the beneficience thread? I'm not entirely sure). If you need help figuring out how it works, I'm sure someone on this site will be able to help. I remember some people who were into photography discussing cameras in one of the charity threads. And if it's not something too complicated I might be able to say something helpful as well. I'm not a photographer, but I do have a small camera and no problems operating it :)

(0) (0)
My personal Quest thread:

And my buying thread!

My crafty hangout thread, where I talk about my sewing and crocheting projects and would love to hear about any kind of projects you do (or just come chat, that's fine too!):
Most urgent wishes currently:

ImageImageImageImageImage
Ehlenia Eyes (Aqua), Eyrion Fan (Claret), Jiniri Hair (Mocha), Lunar Night Banshee Hair (Blue White), Bat Momma Eyes (Ecru)

Check out jacobgrey's awesome interactive Harry Potter Fanfiction thread!

I'm on Flight Rising and Tattered Weave as well- feel free to friend me!

Posted: Apr 17th, '17, 22:54    

Chrizine

Sorry for the double post, but I have new things to tell about my skirt project(s - guilty grin).

First, I have ordered fabrics for the skirt I already talked about, I hope they'll arrive this week when I'll be home because of easter break. That'd be nice.
I ended up ordering an orange fabric with white dots and a simple white jersey for the top part. I don't have an orange skirt at all yet, so that'll be a nice addition to my wardrobe. Although I'm not sure what tops I'll wear with it except basic white ones ;) I'm really curious how the colour will look in reality, it's always so hard to tell from the screen.

Now, to the guilty grin part...
I'm thinking about doing a second skirt from the fabric I have left over from my crochet-needle-holder. I found a free pattern for a skirt with three different panels and my fabric leftovers would be enough for that. I'll try to add pockets like in the pattern of the other skirt as well though, since skirt pockets are why I'm doing all of this ;)
I'm still trying to decide which fabric goes where though. I want to use the panda fabric and the grey fabric with little dots from the crochet-needle-holder and a red fabric with white dots that came in the package as well and I haven't used at all yet. It fits the red leaves in the panda fabric better than the green one fits the green leaves.
I was thinking either red-panda-grey (top to bottom), grey-panda-red or grey-red-panda.
The first two options would place the panda which connects the colours but has the most outstanding pattern in the middle. I think that is a good idea. The third option would place the red which has the most outstanding colour in the middle and gives the panda fabric more room to shine maybe, being on the bottom panel that is biggest and most visible. That might be nice as well.
Any opinions? I'd appreciate some help in deciding this!

(0) (0)

And my buying thread!

My crafty hangout thread, where I talk about my sewing and crocheting projects and would love to hear about any kind of projects you do (or just come chat, that's fine too!):

Ehlenia Eyes (Aqua), Eyrion Fan (Claret), Jiniri Hair (Mocha), Lunar Night Banshee Hair (Blue White), Bat Momma Eyes (Ecru)

Posted: Jul 30th, '17, 15:40    

Chrizine

I finished my first skirt actually a while ago already, but I only now got around to uploading a picture: click

It's a bit hard to see, because I'm wearing also a white top over it, but there's a white jersey top part, not just the orange fabric. I'll try to take a picture of just the skirt without me in it sometime soon as well, hopefully it will be easier to see there.

The only thing left to do on the skirt is probably tightening it a bit at the top. The instructions said to try the jersey part on the hips before attaching the skirt, so I did that, but after the skirt was finished I realized I'd prefer wearing it more high on the waist. The pockets are just a bit too far down for my taste. Also, I've lost a bit of weight since I originally started the project, so that worsens the issue.
Now I have to decide whether I want to go for the nice way of doing it (ripping out a big part of the seam attaching the skirt to the jersey, shortening the jersey part and trying to fit way too much fabric onto it again) or whether I just sew in a little fold at the back.
I already did the first way once, right after I had finished the skirt, because it felt too large, but I didn't shorten the jersey waist by a lot. That was already kinda difficult to get back together though, so maybe I should just take the easy way out...

(0) (0)

And my buying thread!

Posted: Nov 24th, '17, 00:04    

Chrizine

I did end up tightening my skirt the hard way, ripping the seam of the entire back half where it is attached to the jersey top. But it worked, now it fits :)

I updated the front page with a completed project I finished already a while ago but never uploaded a picture for - a shawl I crocheted for my mom. If anyone is interested in the pattern, I can look for the links again as well, but for now I just linked a picture.

I also have some new sewing projects in the works and one that I completed but completely forgot to take a picture of. I'm really busy at the moment, so it will still be a while until I really work on any of them, but I hope around christmas I'll have the chance. I hope to make some posts describing the projects in the meantime, but I don't want to stuff it all in here now, since then I won't be able to properly link to them in the first page.

(0) (0)

And my buying thread!

Posted: Nov 24th, '17, 00:47    

Mikael Hart

Hugs: 193180
Mood: Hugs are death squeezes.
Website: http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/mikael-hart/6844374/
I didn't realize that you had a hangout. Hello!

(0) (0)

Posted: Nov 24th, '17, 00:56    

Chrizine

Hey there! Thanks for stopping by :)

It is a very inactive hangout, most of the time it's not on the front page, so it's really easy to not notice ;)
I always wait too long between my posts because I find it weird to just have post after post from me without anyone else in between... Which of course doesn't make it more likely for anyone to stumble into here... It's a vicious cycle I think :D

(0) (0)

And my buying thread!

Posted: Jan 5th, '18, 14:38    

jacobgrey

Hugs: 130692
Mood: (◡‿◡)
Woo craft thread! Jumping right in:

Code: Select all

[quote="JacobGrey"]
[color=#880202][u][b]About:[/b][/u] I always have way too many projects going at once and I can't sit still doing nothing, so I'm always crafting or playing games even when I'm supposed to be relaxing xD I love crafting so much that now I pretty much wait impatiently for sales in my Etsy shop so I can go buy more materials XD
[u][b]Can do:[/b][/u] Mostly embroidery and beadwork, and I'm currently learning how to make clothes. I sew art hoops, embellish clothing, and make jewellery :)
[u][b]Would like to:[/b][/u] Ribbon embroidery and stumpwork. I actually picked up a ribbon book in the sales so I'm hoping to learn when that gets delivered X3
[u][b]Favourite Projects:[/b][/u] My "best" ones I think so far are my [url=https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/560683075/embroidered-tiger-on-grey-tee-wearable?ref=shop_home_feat_3]tiger shirt[/url] and my [url=https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/565401501/red-falcon-beadwork-necklace-ancient?ref=shop_home_active_4]falcon necklace[/url]. I was really surprised with how both of them came out just like I was expecting xD[/color]
[/quote]
So, I'm currently working on making a skirt like I said in the confetti rain thread, and also a huge ton of hoops because I have some market stalls booked for March for the first time ever and I want lots of stock. Oh, and my "casual" project right now is some beadwork that I think I will probably turn into a cuff when I finish it. Cuz it's too big to be anything else XD

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
First fairy 8.4.15; 2nd 7.6.17
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: Jan 5th, '18, 22:21    

Chrizine

Yay, thanks for coming here! :)
Wow, that tiger embroidery looks really neat and lifelike! Impressive!

What kind of fabric are you using for your skirt?

My current project is sewing a long-sleeved shirt, after this pattern. I have some nice, slightly shiny dark green fabric for it that I found at our local yarn shop. I already printed out the pattern (was really lucky, I managed to print it in one piece for pretty cheap at the university, no puzzling pattern pieces on A4 sheets this time! :) ), but I still have to cut it out and actually start working on it. But I cleaned up the living room a bit yesterday so that I have enough space for ironing and laying out the fabric, so I'm getting closer ;)

Then I have two skirt projects for which I also already have fabric, for one of them I still need some buttons though. But I'll put the details in some other post so that I can better link them on the front page.

(0) (0)

And my buying thread!

Posted: Jan 6th, '18, 00:56    

jacobgrey

Hugs: 130692
Mood: (◡‿◡)

Ugghhhhhh I forget what the fabric is XD I know that I probably picked the wrong fabric. I did my usual impulsive thing and picked out whatever was cheapest so I could get started, before I ended up watching some videos that explained what types of fabric to use for what garments haha. Next time I'll be more careful, but this is what I have for now so I'm forging ahead. My first one will probably turn out bad anyway, right?

Oh that looks nice! I never thought about linking to the pattern online haha,
this is the skirt I'm doing. It can be made a couple of different ways, in the pictures I'm doing the red version. Well, except mine is going to be peach XD

Also I kinda wish I hadn't looked at that website because I saw some other really nice ones I want to make next!

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
First fairy 8.4.15; 2nd 7.6.17
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: Jan 6th, '18, 01:31    

Chrizine

I'm not so good at knowing different types of fabric either yet. My question was actually aimed more at what colour and is there a print on it or not ;) I really like your pattern! It's a very pretty skirt, simple but not plain with the bow detail :)

I find it quite convenient to just link the patterns to show people if I buy them online anyway :) and that way I also have an easy way to look up the links again should anyone ever ask me about one in RL.

Would you like me to link your last post in the current projects section on the front page? I have no idea how interesting the idea of keeping track of the projects on the front page is to other people.

(0) (0)

And my buying thread!

[ 734 posts ]