Sewing  16%  [ 33 ]
Weaving  2%  [ 5 ]
Embroidery  8%  [ 16 ]
Quilting  5%  [ 11 ]
Other (please tell me what so I can include it in the poll!)  18%  [ 37 ]
None  7%  [ 15 ]
Food  25%  [ 53 ]
Total votes : 210
 Post subject: Re: Chrizi's Crafty Corner - come chat!
Posted: Jan 5th, '19, 16:24    

Chrizine

Hugs: 110150
Mood: Elusive Crumpet
Hahaha :D
That sounds like a good plan :)

(0) (0)
My personal Quest thread:

And my buying thread!

My crafty hangout thread, where I talk about my sewing and crocheting projects and would love to hear about any kind of projects you do (or just come chat, that's fine too!):
Most urgent wishes currently:

ImageImageImageImageImage
Ehlenia Eyes (Aqua), Eyrion Fan (Claret), Jiniri Hair (Mocha), Lunar Night Banshee Hair (Blue White), Bat Momma Eyes (Ecru)

Check out jacobgrey's awesome interactive Harry Potter Fanfiction thread!

I'm on Flight Rising and Tattered Weave as well- feel free to friend me!

Posted: Jan 5th, '19, 20:08    

jacobgrey

Hugs: 131305
Mood: (◡‿◡)
I also listed a whole ton of clothes on a resale site yesterday and picked out even more today, which I'll do later. Getting proactive on clearing out some room! Mostly because we had this old temporary fabric and pole wardrobe which had been leaning really badly for over a year so I couldn't walk down to my side of the bed past it properly anymore. I eventually got so mad with it (after first tying it up with a rope and securing that to a doorjamb - proper DIY craft project haha - but after about 9 months or so the rope wore through and snapped) that I tore it down rofl. Then we're now using another temporary clothes rail that I had originally bought for when I was showing my stuff at craft fairs. But that one started leaning last night with all the weight, so I was like nope, I need to get rid of a ton of stuff before it keels over because I'm NOT having my passage blocked again.

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
First fairy 8.4.15; 2nd 7.6.17
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: Jan 5th, '19, 20:42    

Chrizine

Oh my, sounds like you do have too many clothes - or too little wardrobe space ;)
Was the decluttering difficult or more satisfying?

(0) (0)

And my buying thread!

My crafty hangout thread, where I talk about my sewing and crocheting projects and would love to hear about any kind of projects you do (or just come chat, that's fine too!):

Ehlenia Eyes (Aqua), Eyrion Fan (Claret), Jiniri Hair (Mocha), Lunar Night Banshee Hair (Blue White), Bat Momma Eyes (Ecru)

Posted: Jan 6th, '19, 12:35    

jacobgrey

It was fine this time. Sometimes I find it difficult to figure out what to get rid of but I was in a harsh mood haha, so I was just grabbing stuff and putting it in the pile without thinking twice. Mostly just stuff I haven't worn in a few years. I tend to hang on to stuff but when it hasn't fit me for that whole time I had to ask myself whether I would even bother wearing it even if it did fit me again later.

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: Jan 6th, '19, 17:54    

Chrizine

For me it depends a lot on mood, too. Harsh mood is the most productive for decluttering ;) Sometimes I just hang onto stuff for no good reason, because it was a favourite once and "I can still wear it around the house even if it's a bit shabby by now" and the like... Sometimes I'm happy about this habit as well, though - I had a lot of clothes that had gotten too small for me over the years but that I just couldn't let go of and now after loosing weight they all fit again and I'm happy to have kept them. Some of my newer things are too big for me now, though -.- Fortunately, I can try giving things that are too big for me to my mom or my sis, since their sizes are similar to what mine used to be. And I get to try all the stuff that they can't fit themselves into anymore :D
Generally, putting things on a "show mom/sis"-pile is my cheat to decluttering - because it doesn't feel like throwing the things out that way and then I can just give the pile to them and say "keep what you want and throw out the rest" so I never actively decide that it's being thrown out :D

(0) (0)

And my buying thread!

Posted: Jan 7th, '19, 00:54    

jacobgrey

Haha that's a good way to trick your mind! I have a lot of old favourites hanging around too. And sometimes it's a convenience thing. I found some stuff at the back of my drawer that I completely forgot I had, just because it's always easier to grab stuff from the front of the drawer and never bother trying to organise the back of it :'D It was getting full though so that pushed me to empty out a few things.

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: Jan 7th, '19, 17:30    

Chrizine

It works pretty well :D

Oh yeah, I also sometimes notice that I never wear the tops at the bottom of the stack :D

But I have my tops stacked in two rows because our wardrobe is pretty deep, so I take them all out twice a year to put the right seasonal stacks to the front (i.e. during winter the long sleeved tops are in the front and the short ones in the back and the other way around in summer), and then I sometimes intentionally put the lower half of the stack that I never wore the year before to the top :D

(0) (0)

And my buying thread!

Posted: Jan 8th, '19, 14:27    

jacobgrey

That would make sense. I don't really do seasonal changes though, I just wear a jumper over the top of my summer shirts in the winter XD

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: Jan 8th, '19, 16:39    

Chrizine

That makes it more difficult to employ tricks like that ;)

I like to wear just halter tops (if that's what they're called... The ones that just hang on small strips on your shoulders) a lot of the time in summer, that would definitely be too cold in winter :D Jumper or no :D
I like my sleeves to be either completely to my wrists or at least to my elbows in winter.

(0) (0)

And my buying thread!

Posted: Jan 8th, '19, 19:37    

jacobgrey

Vest tops or strappy tops :mcwink: a halterneck is where the string goes around your neck, rather than over your shoulders.

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
My books ~*~ My magazine

[ 734 posts ]