Sewing  16%  [ 33 ]
Weaving  2%  [ 5 ]
Embroidery  8%  [ 16 ]
Quilting  5%  [ 11 ]
Other (please tell me what so I can include it in the poll!)  18%  [ 37 ]
None  7%  [ 15 ]
Food  25%  [ 53 ]
Total votes : 210
 Post subject: Chrizi's Crafty Corner - come chat!
Posted: Apr 10th, '17, 18:26    

Chrizine

Hugs: 109515
Mood: Elusive Crumpet
Welcome to Chrizi's Crafty Corner!
This Hangout is open to everyone who is interested in anything crafty - whether you do something yourself that you want to talk about or you just enjoy looking at and discussing other people's projects.
I recently got into crocheting and sewing and since I found myself talking about my projects in other threads, I thought it would be cool to have a dedicated hangout for this.
I want to both keep track and collect pictures of my own projects here as well as welcome anyone else to present theirs.
Hopefully we might be able to help each other with tips on technical difficulties, opinions on design decisions and the like.

If you have any suggestions to improve the hangout / the design and info on the front page or make it more welcoming, don't hesitate to let me know!

And most importantly - everyone is very much welcome to just jump in and chat in here!
A few posts below you can find a little form that you can post to introduce yourself and become an official thread member (and I'd be very happy if you do that), but the thread is open to everyone, not just regulars!

(0) (0)
My personal Quest thread:

And my buying thread!

My crafty hangout thread, where I talk about my sewing and crocheting projects and would love to hear about any kind of projects you do (or just come chat, that's fine too!):
Most urgent wishes currently:

ImageImageImageImageImage
Ehlenia Eyes (Aqua), Eyrion Fan (Claret), Jiniri Hair (Mocha), Lunar Night Banshee Hair (Blue White), Bat Momma Eyes (Ecru)

Check out jacobgrey's awesome interactive Harry Potter Fanfiction thread!

I'm on Flight Rising and Tattered Weave as well- feel free to friend me!

Post subject: Re: Under construction - please don't post yet
Posted: Apr 10th, '17, 18:30    

Chrizine

Links to pages in the thread where ongoing projects are presented or WIP pictures are shown will be put here.

Chrizine:
Panda leftovers skirt: pattern and fabric decisions (scrapped because I used the fabric for my panda gym bag)
Green Shawl: yarn and pattern, wip pic

JacobGrey:

(0) (0)

And my buying thread!

My crafty hangout thread, where I talk about my sewing and crocheting projects and would love to hear about any kind of projects you do (or just come chat, that's fine too!):

Ehlenia Eyes (Aqua), Eyrion Fan (Claret), Jiniri Hair (Mocha), Lunar Night Banshee Hair (Blue White), Bat Momma Eyes (Ecru)

Posted: Apr 10th, '17, 18:31    

Chrizine

Links to posts or pictures of finished projects go here!

Chrizine:
crochet-needle-holder
First selfmade skirt: pattern, fabric, wearing it
Crocheted shawl (gift for my mom): Picture
Panda Gym Bag: post, direct to picture
Carmen Top: pattern, progress pic, progress pic 2, Finished picture
Bobbel bag: Plan and tutorial link, embroidery tutorials, first flower, flowers in progress, finished, pics!
Crochet bears: pic and tutorial link
Calorimetry: picture
Neckholder with crocheted back: pattern & progress pic, finished pics
Light brown wrap skirt: pattern and fabric pic, wip pics, wip pockets, finished pic
Black bell sleeve and ruffles top: Pattern and basic idea, WIP pic, finished pics, pic with corset
Medieval dress: fabric, WIP pic, action pics!
18th century pockets: Pics and tutorial link

JacobGrey:
First Skirt: description and pattern

Ashiya:
Elephant: direct to pic
Doll: direct to pic
Miku Doll: tutorial, wip pics, finished pics
Bears: finished pic

(0) (0)

And my buying thread!

Posted: Apr 10th, '17, 18:42    

Chrizine

Regular members of the thread and a little info about them:
Chrizine wrote: About: I only got into crafts recently and I don't have a terrible lot of time, but I enjoy it a lot!
Can do: I crochet and I recently got a sewing machine and started sewing.
Would like to: Knitting maybe? And fancy embroidery. I used to do some really simple years ago, but I'm not sure if I'd have the patience for more complicated stuff.
Favourite Projects: Dreaming of the perfect skirts and currently doing a very enjoyable shawl crocheting project.
JacobGrey wrote: About: I always have way too many projects going at once and I can't sit still doing nothing, so I'm always crafting or playing games even when I'm supposed to be relaxing xD I love crafting so much that now I pretty much wait impatiently for sales in my Etsy shop so I can go buy more materials XD
Can do: Mostly embroidery and beadwork, and I'm currently learning how to make clothes. I sew art hoops, embellish clothing, and make jewellery :)
Would like to: Ribbon embroidery and stumpwork. I actually picked up a ribbon book in the sales so I'm hoping to learn when that gets delivered X3
Favourite Projects: My "best" ones I think so far are my tiger shirt and my falcon necklace. I was really surprised with how both of them came out just like I was expecting xD
Ashiya wrote: About: I'm a beginner so I'm still trying to learn things. When I don't have too much drawing/painting to do, I have patchwork classes where the teacher helps a lot but I learn what I can from the internet! I also love gaming! Wish the day had 30 hours ;_;
Can do: I'm learning how to crochet but most of it is for amigurumi dolls, I can sew a little bit with some help so far, mostly for doll projects.
Would like to: I want to learn all of the crochet stitches! I can only do a few right now. Would like to be better at sewing too, and to learn embroidery
Favourite Projects: I can't wait to try making a Hatsune Miku doll! So far I've really enjoyed to make larger things like the "bedbug bear"
demonajay wrote: About: Hi you can call me Demona. I'm in my 20s. I don't have the ablity to sit still really unless my brain or hands are doing at least something be it playing with a small piece of clay or typing on a keyboard. I always have something in my hands. I used to do a lot of crafting when I was a kid but as I grew up the internet took over my life. Now that has changed yet again and I find myself not wanting to be on the computer besides having it play music for me. I don't go out much but I hate it. Right now I have a lot of yarn to do whatever with but I don't really know much. I just want some friends honestly, I'm feeling alone.
Can do: I spool knit and lately I've been painting pottery
Would like to: sewing. I'd love to make my cousin a baby blanket
Favourite Projects: I'm doing pottery. I have a piece I could show you in about a week. It's being painted tomorrow and will be ready to show off a week or so after that.
To be added to the list, please fill in the following form and post it to the thread - feel free to change the colour number to something you like!
You don't have to fulfill any sort of criteria to become a regular member, no number of minimum posts or anything... Feel free to use this form already in your first post to introduce yourself if you like! But it's not required, if you'd rather just chat here for a bit to find out if you like it here, you can post it later whenever you want. Or not, if you don't want to appear here, but it'd make me happy if you do post it at some point - and if you really don't want to be listed here, you can also post it and say that I shouldn't put it on the front page in your post.
(yes, it is supposed to look ugly when you post it, so I can easily grab the code):

Code: Select all

[code]
[quote="YOUR_NAME_HERE"]
[color=#880202][u][b]About:[/b][/u] Say something about you :)
[u][b]Can do:[/b][/u]  Crafts you do/did
[u][b]Would like to:[/b][/u] something you'd like to learn or a project you'd love to do
[u][b]Favourite Projects:[/b][/u] Projects you are doing or have done that you particulary like or something you want to start working on[/color]
[/quote]
[/code]

(0) (0)

And my buying thread!

Posted: Apr 11th, '17, 00:10    

Chrizine

Just some notes for me, please ignore!
Spoiler
Single stitch font:
Primer Apples, font size 80, scaled afterwards in gimp to picture height 70 px
Fill: Color #880202
no outline
Shadow: Drop, offsets both 2, blur 8, colour #661313
Link: click

Main logo:
Stitch & Bitch, font size 80, scaled to height 74 px afterwards
Fill: Color #880202
no first outline, second outline size 6, gradient (orange one, pretty low), gradientfit text, curve highlight off
Shadow: Drop, offsets both 2, blur 8, colour #661313
Link: click

(0) (0)

And my buying thread!

Posted: Apr 11th, '17, 15:47    

Chrizine

(0) (0)

And my buying thread!

Posted: Apr 11th, '17, 15:48    

Chrizine

(0) (0)

And my buying thread!

Posted: Apr 11th, '17, 15:49    

Chrizine

(0) (0)

And my buying thread!

Posted: Apr 11th, '17, 15:54    

Chrizine

(0) (0)

And my buying thread!

Post subject: Re: Chrizi's Crafty Corner
Posted: Apr 11th, '17, 16:05    

Chrizine

The thing that prompted me to open this thread was finishing my very first sewing project. I posted some links to pictures in another thread, so I'll just quote myself here to have them in this thread as well:
Chrizine wrote:I did it! I finished my crochet-needle-thingy! Pictures:
one
two
three
four
five
What I made is a little rolling container for my crochet needles. It is the very first thing I ever sewed on my sewing machine, which I got for christmas and didn't touch for a few months because I wanted to finish my bachelor's thesis first.

I want to do a skirt next, but I think I'll do an extra post for that.

(0) (0)

And my buying thread!

[ 734 posts ]