Sewing  16%  [ 33 ]
Weaving  2%  [ 5 ]
Embroidery  8%  [ 16 ]
Quilting  5%  [ 11 ]
Other (please tell me what so I can include it in the poll!)  18%  [ 37 ]
None  7%  [ 15 ]
Food  25%  [ 53 ]
Total votes : 210
 Post subject: Re: Chrizi's Crafty Corner - come chat!
Posted: Apr 17th, '20, 21:35    

Chrizine

Hugs: 109523
Mood: Elusive Crumpet
Ohhh, they look very nice! Not like a first try of a new technique at all! :)
Now I'm excited to see what you'll come up with design-wise for more of them :)

Thank you :) I'm hoping I can finish hemming my dress this weekend and then post some finished pics soon :)

Ah, on the topic of online courses - I enrolled with http://foundationsrevealed.com just before easter (they had an enrollment period then, you can't join at all times unfortunately), which is a pretty cool site about corset-making and history inspired or recreating clothing. They also have some nice articles freely available, if you guys are interested :)

(0) (0)
My personal Quest thread:

And my buying thread!

My crafty hangout thread, where I talk about my sewing and crocheting projects and would love to hear about any kind of projects you do (or just come chat, that's fine too!):
Most urgent wishes currently:

ImageImageImageImageImage
Ehlenia Eyes (Aqua), Eyrion Fan (Claret), Jiniri Hair (Mocha), Lunar Night Banshee Hair (Blue White), Bat Momma Eyes (Ecru)

Check out jacobgrey's awesome interactive Harry Potter Fanfiction thread!

I'm on Flight Rising and Tattered Weave as well- feel free to friend me!

Posted: Apr 17th, '20, 23:03    

jacobgrey

Hugs: 130671
Mood: (◡‿◡)
Haha, thanks. The instructor's examples looked much better, of course XD I had a hard time learning to keep my loops and rings the same size. But it's all a learning curve haha.

That's cool! I've been doing short courses on bluprint.com, they occasionally do free weeks where you can watch any course you want for free. They just had another one. I'm sure they'll do another by the end of the year so it's worth signing up to their newsletter just to hear about those free weeks. I tend to bingewatch as many courses as I can XD
I also signed up for a free forensic archaeology and anthropology course, which I'm on week 2 of now, and I bought a course from Domestika about combining surface embroidery and painting to adorn already-ready garments. That one is my big project that I'll be doing. At the moment I'm only up to the part of finding inspiration and building a moodboard. And, of course, making a list of all the materials I need to buy :mcheh: I'm good on embroidery stuff but I need fabric paints and brushes. It's been a while since I painted anything at all, and never fabric.

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
First fairy 8.4.15; 2nd 7.6.17
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: May 22nd, '20, 18:57    

Chrizine

The fabric painting sounds super cool! Did you manage to try it out yet?

I have since managed to finish hemming my dress, but alas, no pictures yet since I want to take them somewhere outside in the landscape and my boyfriend (who will have to be the one actually doing the photographing) has been pretty reluctant to leave the house more than necessary due to his hayfever. But it is getting better now, the stuff he reacts most to is going out of season, so I'll hope to convince him to go out for a shooting with me soonish :)

I have so many ideas of things I want to make at the moment, but also so many articles to read and workshops to watch on foundations revealed... Also, my bf and I have recently started playing divinity together, so much of my evenings are spent huddling in front of the tv together gaming, which is also very nice, but definitely hinders my sewing output :D

Today I scored a lot of cheap fabric to make mockups out of though, I'm super happy! There was a table of left-over fabric pieces in front of a local home decoration store. I got four pretty big pieces (the largest is 7m x 1,40m, the next is 4m, the other two are something around 2m) for 17 euro total :)
I think these will last me a while :)
The 4m piece is even an actually nice looking fabric in a light blue, I might consider making something real out of it and not just mockups. I don't know what the material is yet, though, I want to do a burning test to see if it is plasticy before I decide what to do with it.
The 7m and one of the small ones are definitely plastic, but should be fine for just mocking some things up. The other small one seems like a very lightweight cotton maybe, I want to test it too, I could see myself ending up using it for real if it is. I have been thinking about making an airy white cotton summerdress...

(0) (0)

And my buying thread!

My crafty hangout thread, where I talk about my sewing and crocheting projects and would love to hear about any kind of projects you do (or just come chat, that's fine too!):

Ehlenia Eyes (Aqua), Eyrion Fan (Claret), Jiniri Hair (Mocha), Lunar Night Banshee Hair (Blue White), Bat Momma Eyes (Ecru)

Posted: May 23rd, '20, 12:58    

Dream-Baby

Hugs: 111873
Mood: dreaming behind my desk, waiting for my stories to unfold.
I haven't made any clothes for myself in such a long time it would probably take me a day to dig out my sewingmachine if the need would come up.
Lately I've been big into making miniatures and even got some DIY roomsets to play with. :}

(0) (0)
Join me at Quetzal Palace in Furvilla.
Dream's personal Quote wrote:An insult is only insulting if you feel insulted.
You are a Fox!

Foxes are clever, perceptive, and shrewd. You're happiest working behind the scenes, pulling strings and watching others dance to your imperceptible tune. Independent yet highly social, you glide among your circles of acquaintance with ease, sharing your sharp wit or a delicious piece of gossip.

Image. Image

Posted: May 26th, '20, 20:28    

Chrizine

A day is still doable though ;)
What kind of miniatures are you making? Sounds fun!

Picture time! I did get that outdoors shooting this weekend :)
So here's my green dress + the tabletwoven circlet I made in action!
ImageImage

The veil I bought on ebay, the belt on a medieval faire. The little green pocket that I'm wearing next to the horn in the last picture was made by my bf :mclove:

Edit: Ended up putting a picture I didn't put here on my IG, so here you go for that: click

(0) (0)

And my buying thread!

Posted: Aug 31st, '20, 19:21    

rosemaryjayne

Hugs: 3784
Popping by to say hi ..beautiful work Chrizine!
Really must get more confidence with sewing clothes and make something for my daughter ...mainly sewing dolls for her lately

(0) (0)
ImageImage Image Image Image Image

Posted: Sep 1st, '20, 13:17    

Chrizine

Thank you and welcome here, rosemaryjayne! :)
Sewing dolls sounds fun and like a good way to build up sewing skills :)

I have done a little project in the meantime that I haven't shown here yet - 18th century pockets:

They are super practical, since I can just wear them underneath any annoying pocketless skirt or dress :)
And they were easy to make as well, I followed this tutorial:

Will probably make some more in a light colour to hide under lighter coloured skirts sometime :)

Right now I have a new ongoing project of a simple skirt, but I am a bit stuck on it since I think I made it too small / my addition of inseam pockets doesn't work well with the pattern. I expected the shape of the skirt to be a bit different. Will have to take some WIP pics to show you guys soon.

(0) (0)

And my buying thread!

Posted: Sep 2nd, '20, 03:38    

rosemaryjayne

I’ve been making dolls on and off for the past 25 or so years ..this is the last one I made :qcute: just something simple for my 3 year old daughter...my own pattern ..face is hand embroidered

(0) (0)

Posted: Sep 2nd, '20, 13:08    

Chrizine

Oh wow, it is gorgeous! I am super impressed by the embroidery, especially the eyes look so good! :mclove:

(0) (0)

And my buying thread!

Posted: Sep 2nd, '20, 14:23    

rosemaryjayne

Thank you very much! I’m on a roll with dolls..sketched up 3 more just this morning and already embroidered 2 :qcute:

Love your pockets..great idea! I made something similar out of denim a few years back to use while gardening to hold my snips and string :qsml:

(0) (0)

[ 734 posts ]