Sewing  16%  [ 33 ]
Weaving  2%  [ 5 ]
Embroidery  8%  [ 16 ]
Quilting  5%  [ 11 ]
Other (please tell me what so I can include it in the poll!)  18%  [ 37 ]
None  7%  [ 15 ]
Food  25%  [ 53 ]
Total votes : 210
 Post subject: Re: Chrizi's Crafty Corner - come chat!
Posted: Dec 11th, '19, 18:57    

Ashiya

Hugs: 11118
Mood: busy
jacobgrey - Thank you! :qh:

Glad to see you guys posting ^^
I finished the amigurumi I got commissioned to do so now I have time to draw and finish other amigurumis I had started. I also made a small case for my crochet hooks out of cloth, I should take a picture of it sometime.
At the bazaar the only thing people bought from me was a unicorn. Better than nothing I guess, though I don't mind keeping them either.
I'm gonna start to take lisdexamfetamine which is for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder so maybe I'll be a bit more productive soon? I don't have the disorder but I have some trouble starting and organizing things.
Last week I got new shelves in the closet I use for my art stuff and my crafts stuff, so I have a lot to organize @_@

(0) (0)
Spoiler
:qh: Image :qh:

Posted: Dec 14th, '19, 14:30    

chuunibyou

Hugs: 99650
Mood: spiritual
i followed you on ig :mcshock: i'm called fairybluebird there.
i want to start crocheting actually, because i'm in dire need of a relaxing hobby. and also i realised that i want to make my own dolls for OCs, especially animals OCs. there aren't any shops for crochet crafts supplies where i live, so i might have to stick to ordering whatever i can find online. i've made a ravelry account, and there are some crocheters i know on Trisphee, there's a hobby/crafty hangout there as well, and there's the hangout here- i've got a few pdfs and will watch video tutorials on the absolute basics, like the knots/knits. phew. i'm gonna do this.

your crochets are sooo cute?! oh my god. the deer, koala, unicorn, elephant, heck all of them. i'm in love.

(0) (0)
Come chat with me at my hangout thread!
Stroctoperry wrote:Because KofK trumps homework, for some reason.
Death Candy wrote:I just realized that "take out" means food, dating, and murder. And if you were a female praying mantis you'd have all three.
Akili Li wrote:People talk about bravery in these super dramatic terms like it only applies to soldiers going to war, but for all that I think true courage is found in the hard every day moments of social interaction and standing up for what you believe in even when it's not life-or-death, when it's instead a matter of approval-or-ostracization among people whose opinions you care about. That's harder, to my mind. That's an ongoing, you have to live with it forever thing, instead of one single moment that's the exception instead of the rule.

First fairy found 28th May 2015
Second fairy found 11th May 2017
Third fairy found 9th Jan 2024

Posted: Dec 14th, '19, 23:37    

Chrizine

Hugs: 109565
Mood: Elusive Crumpet
Congrats on finishing your commissions, Ashiya!
Good look with the organizing!

Mynah, I can definitely recommend crocheting as a way of relaxing :) Let us know if you need any help!
I tried following you on IG, I hope I picked the right account. It's a private one, right? With a cat as the profile pic? I'm thechrizine on there.

(0) (0)
My personal Quest thread:

And my buying thread!

My crafty hangout thread, where I talk about my sewing and crocheting projects and would love to hear about any kind of projects you do (or just come chat, that's fine too!):
Most urgent wishes currently:

ImageImageImageImageImage
Ehlenia Eyes (Aqua), Eyrion Fan (Claret), Jiniri Hair (Mocha), Lunar Night Banshee Hair (Blue White), Bat Momma Eyes (Ecru)

Check out jacobgrey's awesome interactive Harry Potter Fanfiction thread!

I'm on Flight Rising and Tattered Weave as well- feel free to friend me!

Posted: Dec 16th, '19, 17:58    

Ashiya

Hugs: 11118
Mood: busy
@Mynah
Ahhh thank you so much!! :mclove: Followed you back!
Yes crochet is great for relaxing!
It's funny looking at my first couple of amigurumi how they look compared to the ones I make now. The stiches were so much looser, so the acrylic fiber stuffing shows a lot, and thus the amigurumi turned out way bigger!
I'd love to make my own patterns, I think with enough experience it's very possible.

@Chrizine
Thank you!
My mother is going to help with organizing, she loves doing that, not sure when though, so I'm still living with a mess xD

(0) (0)
Spoiler
:qh: Image :qh:

Posted: Jan 24th, '20, 23:59    

Chrizine

I managed to actually get a good start on my medieval dress project over the christmas vacation :)
I got the mockup in my cheap fabric done far enough to have confidence to start on the real thing and by now the real thing is starting to come together as well. I need to take some WIP picture for you guys.
But I've actually stopped short of finishing all details on the mockup version because I liked it so much on me that I want to turn it into an actual everyday summer dress now, by giving it a somewhat more modern neckline and no or short sleeves (I inserted one sleeve, but I have to take that off anyway to use it as a pattern piece for the real version, since I drafted it directly on the fabric) and of course some pockets. Not sure if I'll leave it as a full length dress or shorten it to my knees or something. You'll likely get a WIP shot to help me decide that at some point ;) But first I have to finish the medieval gown now ;)
Hopefully I'll get some progress in again this weekend :)

(0) (0)

And my buying thread!

My crafty hangout thread, where I talk about my sewing and crocheting projects and would love to hear about any kind of projects you do (or just come chat, that's fine too!):

Ehlenia Eyes (Aqua), Eyrion Fan (Claret), Jiniri Hair (Mocha), Lunar Night Banshee Hair (Blue White), Bat Momma Eyes (Ecru)

Posted: Jan 29th, '20, 21:55    

Audriella

Hugs: 12098
Now that I have access to Inkscape, I'm thinking of trying to letter digitally. It'll be fun, I think?

Chrizi - that sounds great! I'm glad that your mockup turned out well, and that it is going to be actually useful. Can't wait to see pictures. :)

(0) (0)

Posted: Jan 29th, '20, 22:15    

Chrizine

Oh, that sounds fun indeed! :)

I didn't take any pictures yet, I didn't make much progress this weekend either, since I was somehow busy and then a bit headachy on Sunday.
But over the last few evenings I finished (or partly finished?) a crocheting project that I hadn't even told you guys about yet - it's a new calo headband in an offwhite yarn with some thin reflective yarn crocheted into it as well. I still have a bunch of the reflective yarn left over and it's not super prominent in the headband yet, so I'm thinking of either sowing around the edges with it or embroidering some snowflakes or some such on the headband to make it even more visible.

(0) (0)

And my buying thread!

Posted: Jan 29th, '20, 22:30    

Audriella

Hugs: 12098
That headband sounds really lovely! Either option would be beautiful. :D

I saw an ivory scarf (not handmade) with beaded snowflake embellishments online! It looked cozy and wintery.

(0) (0)

Posted: Apr 16th, '20, 19:30    

Chrizine

Hey guys! Sorry for being so absent...
But I brought some pictures :)

So first up, the long promised picture of my black top under a corset - unfortunately just a selfie with not so amazing quality:

And then I have a WIP picture of the medieval dress for you - this was actually taken some time ago, when I had not attached the sleeves yet, my current state is much further along :) I basically only need to finish hemming it (and then at some point maybe fell down all of the seam allowances on the inside... But that will take a while) - I'm hoping to take it out on a little walk and photoshoot somewhere out in nature once the hem is done. As a replacement for there likely not being any events to wear it to this summer :(

Audriella, that scarf sounds very pretty :)
I never came to a conclusion as to what I wanted to do with the headband and just started wearing it... But I should really get back to it and do some further embellishment with the reflective yarn...

(0) (0)

And my buying thread!

Posted: Apr 17th, '20, 00:05    

jacobgrey

Hugs: 130721
Mood: (◡‿◡)
Of course, I should have shared this here! I forgot completely. I just did an online wire jewellery course and learned to make these earrings and bracelet totally from scratch: https://www.instagram.com/p/B-5eKH6J0GX/

I'm pretty pleased, I never imagined I would be able to make earrings haha. I'm missing a few tools that could help to refine them but it's a good first try. Now I'm thinking about maybe making more, some kookier designs with alternative beads and stuff.

It's so cool that you can make clothing like that :D They look really professional.

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
First fairy 8.4.15; 2nd 7.6.17
My books ~*~ My magazine

[ 734 posts ]