Sewing  16%  [ 33 ]
Weaving  2%  [ 5 ]
Embroidery  8%  [ 16 ]
Quilting  5%  [ 11 ]
Other (please tell me what so I can include it in the poll!)  18%  [ 37 ]
None  7%  [ 15 ]
Food  25%  [ 53 ]
Total votes : 210
 Post subject: Re: Chrizi's Crafty Corner - come chat!
Posted: Apr 13th, '18, 13:43    

jacobgrey

Hugs: 131243
Mood: (◡‿◡)
That's handy! Probably soon you won't notice it being difficult at all ^^

I had a mega-craft day recently, just got tons of stuff done in one go. I finished off my embroidered cards for tomorrow, made a new price tag for them, sewed up a little bird decoration, made myself a simple beaded bracelet, and created a "useful" hoop out of some old jeans. You can store stuff in the pocket :3 can't wait to see if these sell at the stall. Kinda nervous but I guess it can't be any worse than not selling anything the first time, since I accept and anticipate it his time XD

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
First fairy 8.4.15; 2nd 7.6.17
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: Apr 13th, '18, 14:15    

Chrizine

Hugs: 110101
Mood: Elusive Crumpet
Haha, maybe - not sure though, my thumb was still hurting for a few days after the last time I worked on it :D I'm mostly hoping it will grow some calluses and be less sensitive :D

Wow, that sounds like you got a lot done! :) The hoop sounds interesting. You just cut out a piece of the old jeans that had a pocket and put it in a hoop? Did you embroider anything on it?

I'm holding my thumbs that your new strategies for the stall will pay off and you actually get some sales!

(0) (0)
My personal Quest thread:

And my buying thread!

My crafty hangout thread, where I talk about my sewing and crocheting projects and would love to hear about any kind of projects you do (or just come chat, that's fine too!):
Most urgent wishes currently:

ImageImageImageImageImage
Ehlenia Eyes (Aqua), Eyrion Fan (Claret), Jiniri Hair (Mocha), Lunar Night Banshee Hair (Blue White), Bat Momma Eyes (Ecru)

Check out jacobgrey's awesome interactive Harry Potter Fanfiction thread!

I'm on Flight Rising and Tattered Weave as well- feel free to friend me!

Posted: Apr 16th, '18, 13:35    

jacobgrey

Yay for callouses XD I have this ugly lump on my left thumb right where I usually grip the hoop. So deformed haha~

Yeah I just put them in there, no embroidery. That way I figured I could sell it cheap and be done with XD

Well, I sold.... one thing. For £3. :mcmeh: This time hardly anyone sold anything though, the jewellery stand next to me sold two things and I spoke to a painter who sold nothing.

I've decided not to be too disheartened, and I've signed up for a different fair which is happening next month. It's a big marquee with garden and craft items, which looks pretty popular. I checked out the other stallholders and a lot of their items sound upmarket and expensive, so I'm hoping that people will come intending to spend more money. That way I've got a better chance of making sales, I hope. I'm roping in my parents to help out because it's a two-day event, so at least it will be a nice family thing to do.

And by then my hair will be blonde instead of pink, which I think maybe puts off some people in our conservative little town :mcheh:

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: Apr 16th, '18, 22:36    

Chrizine

I actually have a very tiny blister on my thumb now from doing some more embroidery yesterday :D I hope it will turn into a nice callus :D
But I'm pretty convinced now that my ribbon might just be not so ideal - I watched a different tutorial for a daffodil yesterday and the lady was like "yeah, make sure you get real silk ribbon, else you might not get the ribbon through the fabric" and I was like "uhhh... yeah, I see..."
Well, I'm getting it through, but it takes a lot of pulling :D

Ah, that makes sense, of course.

Well, it's an upward trend from last time though ^^ Actually, an infinite increase in sales ;)
But yeah, if it's like that for the other sellers as well this market might just be not so great.

The new fair sounds promising - and if you get to enjoy it together with family I'm sure you'll have a good time irrespective of how many sales end up coming through. If the other stalls are selling expensive stuff as well you'll also have better chances that your cheaper items will be among the cheap small things that one ends up buying simply because one wants to buy something on such an event (or is that just me? I'm always disappointed when I go to a market and not find at least some small thing to take with me...).

Oh, you're going blonde? How come, do you not like the pink anymore? But who knows, it might actually help :D Not saying you should choose your haircolour to please the taste of the town though ;)

(0) (0)

And my buying thread!

My crafty hangout thread, where I talk about my sewing and crocheting projects and would love to hear about any kind of projects you do (or just come chat, that's fine too!):

Ehlenia Eyes (Aqua), Eyrion Fan (Claret), Jiniri Hair (Mocha), Lunar Night Banshee Hair (Blue White), Bat Momma Eyes (Ecru)

Posted: Apr 17th, '18, 13:35    

jacobgrey

Oooh war scars! haha funny XD I saw this lady at the last one who was coming buy because she used to enjoy crafting when she was younger. She showed me her hands and they were kind of hilarious - her fingers looked like tree branches with all of the bumps on them. I was like, yep, one day XD

Oh that's not good haha! At least you know for next time now. And you can feel more proud for soldiering on :D

Oh yes, I always end up buying something stupid. Usually food based. Like a bag of nuts or a small cake haha. Although last time I went to a fair as a visitor, I actually bought a painting. Our first real piece of art for our home :D I felt like such an adult.

Well, I basically cycle between blonde in the summer and then pink or whatever other colour in the winter. It's really exhausting to keep up with the colours because they fade every three weeks, so then my hair either looks awful or I have to keep redoing it. So it's still "me", just off-season me XD Not that any of these are my actual natural hair but hey whatever XD

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: Apr 20th, '18, 17:19    

Chrizine

Haha, that sounds cool in an odd way :D

Yeah, I think if I at some point start a new ribbon embroidery project I'll definitely try ordering some real silk ribbons to see how that goes. But for this, I want to use the ribbons that I have, would be a waste to just not use them and also I did quite a bit with them already so it might look oddly different if I changed now.

Yeah, most of the time I end up with food as well :D But I'm glad it's not just me being weird :D
Oh, buying a painting sounds very adult. What does it look like?

What kind of colours are you using? Have you tried other colours than pink? (Apart from the pink/purple ombre you had recently - I finally caught up with my youtube feed ;) That looked really cool when you had it freshly done!)
I saw a girl in my lecture this morning who had an ombre with blonde at the roots and then a light blue/turquoise colour at the tips, that looked really cool as well.
I find these things really fascinating, I've never dyed my hair, not even a less extravagant colour.

(0) (0)

And my buying thread!

Posted: Apr 20th, '18, 17:42    

jacobgrey

Right? Haha xD

Yeah that's true, like the might be shinier or sit on the fabric in a different way. At least it's something to experiment with, which is always fun!

It's really cool! It's an underwater scene with this shoal of fish swimming through it, but they kind of wind around the place so it looks like they're moving. And there's flashes of like glittery paint on their bodies where the scales should catch the light :D

Let's see, I've had: red all over; pink all over; pink and purple; pink and blue; pink and blue and purple; blonde with pink ends; blonde with purple ends; blonde with pink, purple, and blue ends (personal record for number of colours, 5 with the brown underneath as well XD) aaand I think that's it. I'm not a fan of green and I didn't like blue any of the times I tried it, so I guess that's my limit for colours XD Apart from orange but that's close to red anyway.

It's kind of cool but a lot of work. And like I found, it's a bit addictive. I don't want to go back to my natural colour because it's boring now XD

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: Apr 22nd, '18, 19:57    

Chrizine

Oh, the painting sounds so pretty! I like the idea with the glitter :)

Oh wow, you've tried a lot of things! :D
If I'd dye my hair, I'd probably do a crazy coloured undercolour, like dark red or green or something. A hair youtuber I watch always has some bright undercolour and in some styles it looks so cool when the colour is showing off.
But I don't really know which colour would work for me (my hair is rather dark and I wouldn't want to bleach it) and I'm also afraid that the dyeing itself is very messy and I'll get dye everywhere.

I've been feeling very crafty lately, but I haven't really worked on anything. I've mostly been watching sewing tutorials on youtube and thinking I'd like to start on that one skirt I have all the materials already lying around for, but I never really have enough time at once to get started. Also, I should probably finish that crochet-back top first, but I haven't really felt like working on that. Hm.

(0) (0)

And my buying thread!

Posted: Apr 22nd, '18, 21:17    

jacobgrey

Yeah, it's hard to get colour into dark hair without bleach. I've been bleaching it for 5 or 6 years now XD I used to do red and that worked alright without bleach, although it was always pretty dark.

Me either. I sketched out a design to sew on top of a sweatshirt last night. That's my one thing I want to try to get finished before this new stall next month.

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: Apr 22nd, '18, 21:27    

Chrizine

Hm, so maybe a dark red, like a burgundy or so might work...

The roses design? I think I saw it on your instagram. It looked really pretty, can't wait to see how it looks when you finish that!

(0) (0)

And my buying thread!

[ 734 posts ]