Sewing  16%  [ 33 ]
Weaving  2%  [ 5 ]
Embroidery  8%  [ 16 ]
Quilting  5%  [ 11 ]
Other (please tell me what so I can include it in the poll!)  18%  [ 37 ]
None  7%  [ 15 ]
Food  25%  [ 53 ]
Total votes : 210
 Post subject: Re: Chrizi's Crafty Corner - come chat!
Posted: Sep 11th, '18, 23:22    

jacobgrey

Hugs: 131304
Mood: (◡‿◡)
It is quite a nice name. It throws me off when people change, especially when they've been "famous" like you say XD

I'm always just good ol' JG everywhere haha. Except there was one site where I signed up differently and in the end it annoyed me a lot because then I had to write I was JG in my profile anyway, so people from other sites could identify me when I sent friend requests.

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
First fairy 8.4.15; 2nd 7.6.17
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: Sep 12th, '18, 08:01    

chuunibyou

Hugs: 100963
Mood: spiritual
aw thank you :mccute: yeah ikr, when Agriimony changed i was like this is so surreal :mcomg:

yeah it frustrates my friends no end when i have to tell them my username on every site and tell them when i change one :mcheh:

what's behind your username btw? i've always been meaning to ask.

(0) (0)
Come chat with me at my hangout thread!
Stroctoperry wrote:Because KofK trumps homework, for some reason.
Death Candy wrote:I just realized that "take out" means food, dating, and murder. And if you were a female praying mantis you'd have all three.
Akili Li wrote:People talk about bravery in these super dramatic terms like it only applies to soldiers going to war, but for all that I think true courage is found in the hard every day moments of social interaction and standing up for what you believe in even when it's not life-or-death, when it's instead a matter of approval-or-ostracization among people whose opinions you care about. That's harder, to my mind. That's an ongoing, you have to live with it forever thing, instead of one single moment that's the exception instead of the rule.

First fairy found 28th May 2015
Second fairy found 11th May 2017
Third fairy found 9th Jan 2024

Posted: Sep 12th, '18, 10:52    

jacobgrey

It's pretty silly really. The first forum I signed up to was an RP forum and I thought you had to use the name of your character as your username, so this is the character that I had made up. He was pretty fun, and I ended up having three whole families on that board who each had different storylines playing out. I was there for many years :3 technically I still have one RP going with someone I know IRL, but we tend to update it once every six months if that haha.

Then it just stuck when I was making new game accounts after that XD

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: Sep 12th, '18, 12:48    

chuunibyou

that makes a lot of sense! :mclaugh:

i've actually met a lot of people who have their oc names as their usernames on avatar forums. like there was a whole bunch of people on Solia who had mules for each character and even their main was their fave character.

that's nice :mccute: it's such a wonderful thing when you have rps that you have fun with, make friends through, and which endure for quite a while :qh:

(0) (0)
Death Candy wrote:I just realized that "take out" means food, dating, and murder. And if you were a female praying mantis you'd have all three.
Akili Li wrote:People talk about bravery in these super dramatic terms like it only applies to soldiers going to war, but for all that I think true courage is found in the hard every day moments of social interaction and standing up for what you believe in even when it's not life-or-death, when it's instead a matter of approval-or-ostracization among people whose opinions you care about. That's harder, to my mind. That's an ongoing, you have to live with it forever thing, instead of one single moment that's the exception instead of the rule.

Posted: Sep 12th, '18, 13:02    

jacobgrey

It was so lovely while it lasted. The site is mostly dead now, which is a shame. But I can't exactly complain when I am not active there anymore either :mcheh: Everyone joined around the same age mostly, and as each of us grew up and got jobs and moved in with partners and so on, we had less time to spend on RPs, and it gradually phased out. For me there was no point in "wasting" time on RPs when I already had paid writing work to get one with :mcheh: Not to say I didn't love it, but I had no energy for both.

I can't keep up with mules, even my mule here is now mostly just holding onto my old wilds while I gradually transfer them over XD

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: Sep 12th, '18, 13:10    

chuunibyou

aw. yep, having to write saps muse for rp. i cut down the amount i rp drastically once i had to write heckloads for college. now most of the writing i do is assignments :mcsweat: it's like writing for this wrings out all my words and i have no words left for anything else.

hehe i have a selling mule but i don't use it because i rarely sell anything because i hardly own anything :qmeh: she's called 'Mulie'. very creative i know.

(0) (0)

Posted: Sep 12th, '18, 20:05    

jacobgrey

I feel exactly the same. Sometimes I can't even talk right after a day at work :mcheh:

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: Sep 13th, '18, 08:10    

chuunibyou

i know right! i'm like i can't articulate anymore! maybe when i sleep a fairy'll feed words into my brain!

(0) (0)

Posted: Sep 14th, '18, 14:31    

Chrizine

Hugs: 110149
Mood: Elusive Crumpet
I've been Chrizine everywhere since I came up with it - which was probably almost ten years ago now. I remember celebrating turning 16 online with the people I met on the site that I originally came up with it for and I had known them for a while then. And I'm about to turn 25 :D
My username doesn't have any kind of creative story behind it though - it's just a twist on my real name and I liked how it sounded, I didn't put a lot of thought into it. Somehow it stuck though, and now I can't imagine using anything else, since I've had it everywhere for so long :D

On more crafty news - or non-news, I should say - I wanted to start on a skirt this week, but now I'm sick and not feeling like crawling around on the floor glueing pattern pieces together and cutting out fabric at all :(
I hope I'll manage to do it next week, since it'll be just the first week of the semester and I won't have that much to do yet.

(0) (0)
My personal Quest thread:

And my buying thread!

My crafty hangout thread, where I talk about my sewing and crocheting projects and would love to hear about any kind of projects you do (or just come chat, that's fine too!):
Most urgent wishes currently:

ImageImageImageImageImage
Ehlenia Eyes (Aqua), Eyrion Fan (Claret), Jiniri Hair (Mocha), Lunar Night Banshee Hair (Blue White), Bat Momma Eyes (Ecru)

Check out jacobgrey's awesome interactive Harry Potter Fanfiction thread!

I'm on Flight Rising and Tattered Weave as well- feel free to friend me!

Posted: Sep 14th, '18, 18:17    

chuunibyou

it's really nice to have an acquired name that you really feel like your own. i had that- but lost it lol. i was looking up names and saw 'nokomis', then since i was into anime/yaoi/kawaii/jfashion at the time i wanted to twist it to sound like a japanese name but not really be a japanese name cause i wasn't japanese. so i came up with 'nokomi' after knocking off the s. i googled it and everything. for a long while there was nothing that wasn't related to me. i was the only one using that name, made it my username in a lot of places, and even decided it'd be my psuedonym if i ever wanted to write under an alias. but then one day someone goes and makes an animated movie about an eskimo girl called Nokomi, and calls the movie that, too :mcgloom: i was so disappointed. i know it's a bizarre story but i literally feel like they saw my name and thought it was pre-existing instead of invented. and then just took it as an apt one for their character. idk it felt too coincidental :mcsweat:

i hope you feel better soon. and i think it's so cool that you can make your own clothes! i'd love to be able to do that someday. i look forward to seeing your skirt once you make it :qh:

(0) (0)

[ 734 posts ]