Sewing  16%  [ 33 ]
Weaving  2%  [ 5 ]
Embroidery  8%  [ 16 ]
Quilting  5%  [ 11 ]
Other (please tell me what so I can include it in the poll!)  18%  [ 37 ]
None  7%  [ 15 ]
Food  25%  [ 53 ]
Total votes : 210
 Post subject: Re: Chrizi's Crafty Corner - come chat!
Posted: Jul 14th, '19, 21:53    

Audriella

Hugs: 12101
Yesterday I found out that there is a race where people dress up as trexes! That’s absolutely wild.

Also in bizarre things I share with my friends, a man with a drug fueled attack squirrel was arrested, but not on squirrel related charges.

And an Amazon engineer programmed a smart cat flap to stop his cat bring in dead animals in the night.

Chrizi; i’ll likely take up that offer! I’m rather emotionally unbalanced these days and don’t want to overwhelm anyone! Thanks, and you of course can step back any time.

Oh, that fabric looks amazing. I read somewhere that clothing and fashion are living art, and alterations and customization and updates in style are part and parcel to that. I think you can honor the spirit of historical accuracy while still using your own aesthetic. That you’re aware and taking it into consideration is not insignificant.

(0) (0)

Posted: Jul 15th, '19, 17:00    

jacobgrey

Hugs: 130736
Mood: (◡‿◡)
That fabric does look really cool!

And I guess it's true that GRRM doesn't care about anything people say, because if he did, he would have put out another book by now already :')

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
First fairy 8.4.15; 2nd 7.6.17
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: Jul 15th, '19, 23:47    

Chrizine

Hugs: 109578
Mood: Elusive Crumpet
Wait, trexes as in the dinosaurs? :o that was unbelievable enough to me that I didn't even think to read it as t-rex and felt super dumb when googling brought up the picture :D
I have so many questions, but I doubt there are answers :D like, why?? :D

I want a drug fueled attack squirrel! That sounds cool ;) I'm slightly afraid to ask, but what were the charges then?

I think I heard about the cat flap thing, actually!

I mean it, do feel free to take it up :) I cannot promise that I'll always have something helpful to say, but I'm not bad at listening and just being there and asking some questions :)

I like the picture of fashion as living art :)
Currently I think I want to find out if the things I'm envisioning are close to anything historical, just so I know - if they are, I can try to aim for accuracy in some details, if they are not, I can decide if I still want to do it that way as a purely fantasy dress or if I came across something else I like in the meantime. I'm thinking I should get a book on medieval clothing, since the Internet has been surprisingly unhelpful for getting some kind of overview.

I actually got started on the legwear for my bf, I got one leg cut out and the length of it sewn. It's looking promising. I also did a test piece of the poking holes and stitching around them to keep them open that I'll need to do at the top end to make it possible to attach them to the underwear. I'll just need to figure out where exactly to put them and what to do with the edges at the top, since I want to have the fabric doubled where i make the holes to stabilize it further.

Jacob, too true :')

(0) (0)
My personal Quest thread:

And my buying thread!

My crafty hangout thread, where I talk about my sewing and crocheting projects and would love to hear about any kind of projects you do (or just come chat, that's fine too!):
Most urgent wishes currently:

ImageImageImageImageImage
Ehlenia Eyes (Aqua), Eyrion Fan (Claret), Jiniri Hair (Mocha), Lunar Night Banshee Hair (Blue White), Bat Momma Eyes (Ecru)

Check out jacobgrey's awesome interactive Harry Potter Fanfiction thread!

I'm on Flight Rising and Tattered Weave as well- feel free to friend me!

Posted: Jul 16th, '19, 00:15    

Audriella

Hugs: 12101
The NPR article I read said it was either PR or company event or something like that. But, yes, dinosaurs.

I hope I can allude to illegal drugs here while being clear that they’re bad, do not use, do not pass go.

But this is a story for the ages.

- charges were firearm and drug possession
- the man claimed squirrel was ‘beloved family pet’
- named DEEZNUTS (!)
- he—the man—stole a motorcycle and allegedly rammed it into an investigator’s vehicle
- “However, lacking a meth test designed with squirrels in mind, officials simply released the animal back into the woods without determining if it actually had the substance in its system. (It’s also illegal in Alabama to keep a squirrel as a pet.)”
- man denies giving squirrel meth
- he claims he later went into the woods and deeznuts reunited with him
- and I thought Florida man was insane

The cat flap thing is really neat! I think a donation to the Audubon society is made!

I’m just a bit tired and taking it easy. When I have more energy i’ll send a pm!

(0) (0)

Posted: Jul 18th, '19, 00:51    

Ashiya

Hugs: 11120
Mood: busy
I keep posting then disappearing ._. sorry I haven't kept up with the thread in so long, but wanted to say I love your tops Chrizine! Specially the black one :mclove: Great job on everything!

I got commissioned to make an amigurumi dog for someone, you can see some pics here: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bz_ss86n9yT (link keeps giving me an error sometimes , sorry)
There are some lines that look bad on the body near the head but that's how the pattern is so I couldn't do much about that. I'm happy with it otherwise, even if my sewing still sucks xD I'm not making much money from it since I had to buy the pattern for it but it was still a great start for me.
I also made another Tilda doll but haven't taken pictures yet, and crocheted a doll of Holly Golightly from Breakfast at Tiffany's, for my mother :P But I don't have pictures v.v

(0) (0)
Spoiler
:qh: Image :qh:

Posted: Jul 18th, '19, 11:15    

Chrizine

That squirrel story... :D I hope the squirrel is OK though.
But I guess somebody needs to design drug tests for squirrels ;)

No worries, send me a pm if and when you feel like it, I don't mean to stress you ;)

Nice to see you again Ashiya! Don't worry, I neglect posting often enough myself and it's my thread :mcblush:
Thank you for the nice words about my tops! :)

The doggie is super cute! Hopefully you will be able to make some profit of that pattern by selling some more of them :)

(0) (0)

And my buying thread!

My crafty hangout thread, where I talk about my sewing and crocheting projects and would love to hear about any kind of projects you do (or just come chat, that's fine too!):

Ehlenia Eyes (Aqua), Eyrion Fan (Claret), Jiniri Hair (Mocha), Lunar Night Banshee Hair (Blue White), Bat Momma Eyes (Ecru)

Posted: Jul 18th, '19, 14:11    

jacobgrey

Cute dog :D Well done on getting a commission!

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: Jul 18th, '19, 23:26    

Chrizine

I ordered three books to inspire me for my medieval dress today :)
Two are general costume history books, one is specifically medieval with a focus on actually sewing the stuff.
And then there's some other books I'm eyeing, but they are split into multiple volumes for different time periods, so I first would need to figure out which one I'm most interested in, because they're too expensive to just try to get them all.

Two of the books I ordered are supposed to arrive on Monday, I'm excited now :) I wish I had gotten around to ordering them a bit earlier so I could have them for the weekend though ;)

(0) (0)

And my buying thread!

Posted: Jul 19th, '19, 12:47    

jacobgrey

They sound cool! Nothing like a new book to inspire some crafting.
Last night I fixed a skirt I had ripped the seam on haha. It's a pencil and I totally forgot and tried to step up onto a higher platform, just raised my knee right up and it went riiiiiiip... so embarassing lol. It didn't go far enough up to show anything but it was just all loose threads and you could see the lining. I couldn't figure out how to sew it with my machine as it was a stitch I've not used before so I just ended up doing a ladder stitch by hand XD

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: Jul 19th, '19, 15:14    

Chrizine

Aw, too bad about ripping the skirt! But good that you could fix it. Was the fabric itself okay, just the stitches ripped out?

(0) (0)

And my buying thread!

[ 734 posts ]