Sewing  16%  [ 33 ]
Weaving  2%  [ 5 ]
Embroidery  8%  [ 16 ]
Quilting  5%  [ 11 ]
Other (please tell me what so I can include it in the poll!)  18%  [ 37 ]
None  7%  [ 15 ]
Food  25%  [ 53 ]
Total votes : 210
 Post subject: Re: Chrizi's Crafty Corner - come chat!
Posted: Jan 26th, '18, 21:37    

jacobgrey

Hugs: 130671
Mood: (◡‿◡)
Oh haha yep XD that will help!

It's something from the beadwork book I got, trying to master the techniques one at a time. This is called Byzantine stitch and I'm also incorporating beads into it in a few different ways as well as leaving some areas just thread. It's going to be a massive sampler... maybe too massive, I already realised, from how long it's taking XD

I guess I shouldn't complain, more busy = more money usually so I do need it.
I'm a couple of weeks behind on where I should be with earnings because of Christmas D:

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
First fairy 8.4.15; 2nd 7.6.17
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: Jan 26th, '18, 22:07    

Chrizine

Hugs: 109523
Mood: Elusive Crumpet
Oh, that sounds interesting and fun, trying out all the new things :)

Mh, but you can still be happy that you have enough work and get paid more and at the same time be stressed and frustrated about having so much to do. I think it's reasonable to feel that way, even if you know that it's actually a good thing for your finances.

(0) (0)
My personal Quest thread:

And my buying thread!

My crafty hangout thread, where I talk about my sewing and crocheting projects and would love to hear about any kind of projects you do (or just come chat, that's fine too!):
Most urgent wishes currently:

ImageImageImageImageImage
Ehlenia Eyes (Aqua), Eyrion Fan (Claret), Jiniri Hair (Mocha), Lunar Night Banshee Hair (Blue White), Bat Momma Eyes (Ecru)

Check out jacobgrey's awesome interactive Harry Potter Fanfiction thread!

I'm on Flight Rising and Tattered Weave as well- feel free to friend me!

Posted: Jan 27th, '18, 00:45    

jacobgrey

That pretty much sums it up haha. It's the catch-22 of being a regular human. You need to work to live but you'd rather live than work XD But so long as I have some threads I'm probably good haha.

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: Jan 27th, '18, 23:18    

Chrizine

Haha, yeah, I guess that's it.

I sewed on the second sleeve today :) Now I just need to do the neckline and the hems, can't wait to see how it will look on me once I have the neckline down. Right now it is hanging really loosely off my shoulders, but that makes sense, since it will get a ribbon tightening the neckline that isn't there yet.

Also, I finished watching your vlogs yesterday :) I find them really interesting, I had no idea how working freelance works at all and it's fascinating to me how many different things you do. It must be pretty cool to get to look into so many varied topics!

(0) (0)

And my buying thread!

My crafty hangout thread, where I talk about my sewing and crocheting projects and would love to hear about any kind of projects you do (or just come chat, that's fine too!):

Ehlenia Eyes (Aqua), Eyrion Fan (Claret), Jiniri Hair (Mocha), Lunar Night Banshee Hair (Blue White), Bat Momma Eyes (Ecru)

Posted: Jan 28th, '18, 02:21    

jacobgrey

Oh you did? I have that funny feeling where I really wanted someone to watch them but now I feel bashful hehe :mcsquee: thanks, it's pretty cool, I guess that's what I like most about it :)

Oh awesome, can't wait to see it finished soon then :) kinda funny that it hangs wrong until the ribbon gets in haha.

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: Jan 29th, '18, 00:47    

Chrizine

I can imagine feeling a bit torn on that ^^

Yeah, the ribbon is really necessary to hold it in shape - and I did finish the neckline today :)
Here's a terrible lighting, terrible quality progress pic: click

I did find out that I'll need to buy another ribbon though. The one in the pic is one that I bought for embroidery and not really the colour I want for the shirt. But I had bought a slimmer one for the shirt (in a more cream white colour) and when I had threaded it the bow didn't really look good. I went to show my bf and he also immediately said that the ribbon is just not right (he can be really helpful and constructive when I catch him in the right mood ;) ) so I tried this one and we both thought it looks better with the wider ribbon. I guess I have an excuse for a trip to the craft store to get the wider one in cream white ;)

Now I just need to do the hems, but I can do that tomorrow. Shouldn't be too hard I hope, definitely less complicated than the neckline which involved ironing a strip of fabric into bias tape shape and sewing that on.

(0) (0)

And my buying thread!

Posted: Jan 29th, '18, 12:52    

jacobgrey

I bought more beads last night.... I might have a problem lol. like a bead hoarding problem. I need to stop xD But I just didn't have *quite* the right shade of green, and then these other greens were cheap, and I found some golds as well... I halved my basket before I checked out but it was still pretty full :mcdead:

Ohhhhh cute!!! I love how it gathers like that and the little cute ribbon :3

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: Mar 2nd, '18, 17:08    

jacobgrey

Thought I would give this place a little bump :3 I went out to a charity shop and bought three dresses haha... like an idiot because I don't have the funds, but... I couldn't resist and I'm going to rip them up to make something new. Also I started doing a banner for my market stall which is 8 days away ahhhhh

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: Mar 3rd, '18, 16:45    

Chrizine

Oh wow, I have totally neglected posting!
I did end up finishing the hems and getting the right ribbon, although getting the ribbon involved several trips to the craft store because they had run out of the one I wanted.
I didn't take a final picture yet, since I did wear it when visiting my dad still with the orange ribbon in place and ended up spilling something on it, so it's currently waiting to be washed so that I can take a picture with the new ribbon in place.

Oh wow, 3 dresses! What are you planning to make with them?
And yay for the market stall! I hope it will go great and you make lots of sales!

I haven't done anything crafty since finishing the shirt, my new semester started, so I'm pretty busy again. Only thing I did was tightening one of my skirts a bit that had gotten too large for me, but that doesn't count as a project, more as repairing stuff. I really want to get started on the embroidered bag though... Or on the one skirt that I already have everything I need for, just need to print out the pattern...

(0) (0)

And my buying thread!

Posted: Mar 3rd, '18, 17:11    

jacobgrey

Welllll I keep changing my mind haha. I want to add sleeves to one of them, and one thing I bought was a plain velvet dress where I'm going to use that fabric to make the sleeves for the other. Hopefully then I'll have some left over for another project. And the other dress has ruches all over the bodice that I want to take out and smooth, plus the neckline needs changing, and then it ideally needs sleeves as well. And all of them need changing to my size, or not if I decided to sell them. Plus the ruched dress has a lot of netting underneath that I will take out, maybe adding some of it to the first dress to give it some oomph, and using the rest for beaded embroidery which I can attach back onto bodices and skirts.

*whew* haha obviously this is going to take me a while.

Hopefully you can get a photo soon! And get on some of those projects :)

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
My books ~*~ My magazine

[ 734 posts ]