Sewing  16%  [ 33 ]
Weaving  2%  [ 5 ]
Embroidery  8%  [ 16 ]
Quilting  5%  [ 11 ]
Other (please tell me what so I can include it in the poll!)  18%  [ 37 ]
None  7%  [ 15 ]
Food  25%  [ 53 ]
Total votes : 210
 Post subject: Re: Chrizi's Crafty Corner - come chat!
Posted: Aug 20th, '18, 13:14    

jacobgrey

Hugs: 130690
Mood: (◡‿◡)
Oooh yeah snacking is bad. Also I find that if I don't sew
I end up playing games on my phone. Which is a total waste of time, doesn't achieve anything, and also makes me miss things that are happening on the TV.

(1) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
First fairy 8.4.15; 2nd 7.6.17
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: Aug 20th, '18, 13:48    

Dream-Baby

Hugs: 111901
Mood: dreaming behind my desk, waiting for my stories to unfold.
Do I know the temptation of snacking.

And since I have a tablet I am more prone to do things on there than watch tv at all. :}

(0) (0)
Join me at Quetzal Palace in Furvilla.
Dream's personal Quote wrote:An insult is only insulting if you feel insulted.
You are a Fox!

Foxes are clever, perceptive, and shrewd. You're happiest working behind the scenes, pulling strings and watching others dance to your imperceptible tune. Independent yet highly social, you glide among your circles of acquaintance with ease, sharing your sharp wit or a delicious piece of gossip.

Image. Image

Posted: Aug 20th, '18, 20:33    

Chrizine

Hugs: 109537
Mood: Elusive Crumpet
Yeah, playing on the phone I do too, that's the alternative, but it's a lot more distracting indeed. I just can't keep my hands still anymore, it's horrible! :D

(0) (0)
My personal Quest thread:

And my buying thread!

My crafty hangout thread, where I talk about my sewing and crocheting projects and would love to hear about any kind of projects you do (or just come chat, that's fine too!):
Most urgent wishes currently:

ImageImageImageImageImage
Ehlenia Eyes (Aqua), Eyrion Fan (Claret), Jiniri Hair (Mocha), Lunar Night Banshee Hair (Blue White), Bat Momma Eyes (Ecru)

Check out jacobgrey's awesome interactive Harry Potter Fanfiction thread!

I'm on Flight Rising and Tattered Weave as well- feel free to friend me!

Posted: Aug 23rd, '18, 17:53    

jacobgrey

Exactly! Last night I got all restless because I thought we were on the last episode we were going to watch, so I stopped doing everything and just watched it for 10 or something minutes. Then I realised how early it was and that we were going to watch another and just couldn't figure out what to do with myself for another 45 minutes.

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: Aug 28th, '18, 04:00    

Ashiya

Hugs: 11114
Mood: busy
Hi guys! The bear I finished is supposed to be the same as the first one I made, but because now I use a smaller hook size and make tighter stitches the bear looks like a little brother lol ->(photo here)
Hmm I'm starting a bunch of stuff because I can't decide on what to work on xD
I want to make another human doll, foxes, a deer, and mom wants me to make another bear for a baby. Since most patterns cost money, I have to be careful with my spending... Last night I started a cat miniature because I wanted to try to crochet something tiny with smaller yarn!
There's a unicorn I've been working on forever but I only do so when I'm away from the computer since the pattern is in a magazine, I like that I can take it anywhere. My aunt washed some of the white parts for me cause they're looking like an off-white color from being handled so much :mcsweat: Sorry for my babbling lol :mcblush:

(0) (0)
Spoiler
:qh: Image :qh:

Posted: Aug 28th, '18, 13:42    

jacobgrey

They're cute togeter! Unicorn sounds cool too :D

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: Aug 29th, '18, 11:02    

Chrizine

They are super cute! :)
Did I ever post a picture of the bear that got me into crocheting? I believe not... I should take one. I actually got into it when my bf gifted me a set for crocheting a little teddy for Christmas. It had everything, yarn, hook, instructions for beginners, so there was no hurdle to trying it out :)

A cat miniature and a unicorn both sound lovely, as do all the other ideas :) I know how you feel about having too many projects you want to do :D
I had my last exam for this summer today, so hopefully I can start one of my piled up sewing projects before the new semester starts...

Oh, and you never need to apologise for bringing life to the thread! All kinds of babbling are always welcome :)

Edit:
Here's the bear that I talked about in the first paragraph - it's the one on the right. The panda I made one year later for my bf as a christmas gift, following this tutorial. He didn't turn out quite like the pictures, but then again, I tried making him bigger by using thicker yarn and I also don't speak spanish, so any tips she might have given in the video mostly didn't reach me :D
Image (click for bigger picture)

(0) (0)

And my buying thread!

My crafty hangout thread, where I talk about my sewing and crocheting projects and would love to hear about any kind of projects you do (or just come chat, that's fine too!):

Ehlenia Eyes (Aqua), Eyrion Fan (Claret), Jiniri Hair (Mocha), Lunar Night Banshee Hair (Blue White), Bat Momma Eyes (Ecru)

Posted: Sep 2nd, '18, 15:01    

Chrizine

Sorry for the double post, but I have an update that I want to be able to directly link from the front page! :)

I finished the bobbel bag! Did the last of the embroidery yesterday and today I sewed :)
Time for pictures! You can click them for larger versions.

First, the full picture of the embroidery, before sewing (or actually, after sewing on the zipper, but when it could still lay flat):

Finished bag, closed and open with bobbel inside:

(0) (0)

And my buying thread!

Posted: Sep 2nd, '18, 19:07    

jacobgrey

It looks great! Lots of different types of flowers :D

I am so frustrated with my sewing machine. Recently I repaired a hem on some leggings and the machine was working great, as it has been for a while. After that I changed nothing, didn't move the machine, didn't even unplug it or turn it off. Last night I came to fix a skirt that I needed urgently because I wanted to wear it early today, and all of a sudden it was jamming all the time. I couldn't figure out anything - I tried to take out the bobbin holder and check for any loose threads or fluff, and put it back making sure it was in the right place, and checked everything was threaded properly. I tried a different fabric to ensure the skirt wasn't too thick for the machine. Even though the thread tension was right before, I tried changing that and it made no difference either. The bottom thread keeps coming out way too much, like quite a few inches of loose thread with each stitch. I don't know what's causing it :( Every time I start to sew the machine becomes jammed quickly because this loose thread gets in the way.

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: Sep 3rd, '18, 05:44    

MissNikki

Hugs: 102736

You have hugged MissNikki!

Mood: Tired. Always tired.
Sorry to hear that Jacobgrey - wish I knew how to help. I bet there are tons of cool videos on youtube that might show you how to find the problem and fix it :mcheh: :qh:

(0) (0)

[ 734 posts ]