Feed it!  49%  [ 87 ]
Total votes : 178
 Post subject: Re: ⁂*ℭonfetti ℜain*⁂
Posted: May 20th, '20, 08:26    

LittleJulez

Hugs: 189202
Mood: happy :)
Hello guys!
I kinda expected that I had to catch up on many pages, but 'luckily' it was just two :mcheh:

I am as busy as I was before, but more stressed. Last week was the worst week regarding my master thesis, I had a down phase, kind of not knowing what to tackle next now that I finished a big part of writing.
I've had 4 books from the library which I finished off now, so that I HAVE to do the last part of the analysis now.. It's tiresome and I have to admit I haven't got much energy left. Still, I want an A/1,0 mark sooo... We'll see.

jacob, I am sorry about j losing his job :( Glad that you still have yours though! I hope you can manage and that the work load does not swallow you too much ._.

Eva, I had such a laugh when you said that your boss named her cough 'Ted' xD

(0) (0)

Posted: May 20th, '20, 23:14    

Moi

Hugs: 322576
Mood: Know you're not alone.

I'm....eh 8u
How are you guys?

I feel bad people are losing their jobs.
There was this Asian food place...I wanna say it was Vietnamese but it's been there for years until recently. I noticed it was gone.
I don't know if they moved or if this pandemic did 'em in, but I hate seeing that =_=

(0) (0)

"I'll miss the winter
A world of fragile things
Look for me in the white forest
Hiding in a hollow tree (come find me)
I know you hear me,
I can taste it in your tears."

Posted: May 21st, '20, 09:10    

LittleJulez

Hugs: 189202
Mood: happy :)
Due to the sun and my small "achievement" and the back up I got from my prof and his mentee I feel a bit better and more motivated again.

I agree, it is sad to see those places disappear, but on the other hand it gives others a possibilty, too :)

(0) (0)

Posted: May 21st, '20, 10:57    

memoriam

Hugs: 215231
Mood: Mood.
@jacob: So sorry J lost his job! Does he have some government support for that?
It's great you still have some time for your own writing projects :)

@Julez: Good luck with finishing your paper!
And OMG, why are you naked? XD

I'm pretty busy. Working remotely is great, I love it. I save so much time I used to waste on commuting to and from work. Thanks to that saved up time I was able to participate in some writing workshops and I started a course to become a professional proofreader. Ordered a bunch of dictionaries, two of which already came and I'm super hyped xD Slowly I'll have to start thinking about starting a business of my own. I can't stand this corpo life, especially they're slowly introducing plans for coming back to the office. And now that I've been all comfy working from home, I'll wither there.
I'm still going through therapy, my therapist is fantastic.
A lot is happening at once.

(0) (0)
In need of materials? Go to ~Memoriam's~
Free avatar/room items & knuffels!
Make the ⁂*ℭonfetti ℜain*⁂ with me!

Dec 21st/22nd 2016, R.I.P. Tila. We'll miss you, you cuddly little stinker <3
Dec 7th 2019, R.I.P. Candy. I'm sorry, my sweet little rumball...
Jan 8th 2020, R.I.P. Cotton. Farewell my golden adventurer </3
May 15th 2021, R.I.P. Kreska. I love you, angel...
Feb 3rd 2022, R.I.P. Kropka. Goodbye, my *starshine*
Nov 27th 2022, R.I.P. Strzałka. You will be missed, lazy ball.
Jan 5th 2023, R.I.P. Iskra. Spark until the end.
Jan 26th 2024, R.I.P. Mocha. You can fool around now, baby <3
Feb 22nd 2024, R.I.P. Latte. Now you are truly a free spirit...

Posted: May 21st, '20, 14:07    

jacobgrey

Hugs: 130757
Mood: (◡‿◡)
@Mem sounds like things are great for you! How is your new home doing now? Any more mysterious smells?

About J, it's quite good for a little while. Everyone got put on furlough and his boss has agreed to keep everyone on until the furlough scheme ends/stops being entirely government-funded. So for now until I think at least the end of next month, he'll be on 80% of his usual wage.
After that, yes, he will have to sign on to get benefits from the government which are much lower. (not even enough to cover his portion of the mortgage). In the meantime for the whole of May and June he is doing crash-courses in coding to try to get into that line of work as soon as possible. His normal work (as a retail manager) is getting harder and harder to find at a good wage rate, especially when we are going into a recession now and those kinds of places tend to be the first to close down. So he's studying to be able to work from home like me, since it's the most common kind of work that tends to survive at the moment. His sister already works in that industry so we are hoping that if he gets good enough, she will help him to work with her. He will have to get really good though haha, she's working at the very top level.

Anyway, for now it should be alright for at least a few months because I'm earning more than usual. But I did the figures and if I am just doing my current clients, and J is just signing on, then over the course of 12 months we will be £10k down on where we need to be in order to live comfortably. Of course we can cut that down a bit by changing the way we live, but not enough to make it equal. So the hope is that he can get some small freelance projects along the way to gain experience and add to our earnings, so that by the time he has a new job, it will be okay. He might even be able to take part time work, say at the supermarket for example, and therefore get the £10k per year needed while he continues to study. Basically, it's a bit hit and miss but not overall too stressful because we have options there.

@Julez positive attitude :D also I second asking why you are naked XD

@Moi I hate when food places change because food is so important to me and my life. I take a lot of pleasure in it XD we had a Chinese takeaway that had closed for renovations late last year. I don't know if it will reopen now. It had the best food D: there is only one other Chinese place in town and that has been closed since January as well, so I don't know how they will survive either. Meanwhile we've had access to as much pizza as we could possibly eat :'D

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
First fairy 8.4.15; 2nd 7.6.17
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: May 21st, '20, 21:14    

Moi

There was a place here that's been in business since I was a kid.
It recently went out of business.
It's really sad :\

I'm trying to spark some more inspiration for drawing or writing.
I wrote a lot the other day and it felt good and now I'm empty and it sucks xD

(0) (0)

"I'll miss the winter
I know you hear me,

Posted: May 23rd, '20, 13:01    

Dream-Baby

Hugs: 112018
Mood: dreaming behind my desk, waiting for my stories to unfold.
I know several small business owners and this pandemic is making them struggle so badly. I would hate to see them lose their work over this, and I know that in my country it's not even really necessary for that to happen.
But online shopping has just blown-up and that is what will do a lot of them in. :}

(0) (0)
Join me at Quetzal Palace in Furvilla.
Dream's personal Quote wrote:An insult is only insulting if you feel insulted.
You are a Fox!

Foxes are clever, perceptive, and shrewd. You're happiest working behind the scenes, pulling strings and watching others dance to your imperceptible tune. Independent yet highly social, you glide among your circles of acquaintance with ease, sharing your sharp wit or a delicious piece of gossip.

Image. Image

Posted: May 24th, '20, 01:46    

Moi

I don't get out much, so this whole quarantine isn't unusual for me, but I admit I miss going to stores sometimes.
I've been wanting to go to Walmart and the mall and Barnes and Noble and pet stores...

I try to wear face masks, but it fogs my glasses up when I breathe =__=

(0) (0)

"I'll miss the winter
I know you hear me,

Posted: May 24th, '20, 16:54    

jacobgrey

Hugs: 130757
Mood: (◡‿◡)
Me too Moi!!! I tried to wear one the other day and I could either settle for being blind or not covering my mouth. Also it made me really hot. I was going up and down stairs and I couldn't breathe properly with it.

TBH if someone doesn't have an online component to their business, (assuming of course it's a business that can be done online, otherwise it's irrelevant) then they are doomed anyway. Not just the pandemic causing that. People have been shifting more and more to exclusively shopping online for the past decade. Nowadays the younger generation are statistically more likely to shop through mobile phones than any other medium. I have (or had since I just recently let them go) a client who is in the online hosting sphere so I had to research and write a lot about this the past few years, and the trend isn't at all slowing down. People still like to shop in person as well sometimes, but to really survive it can't just be a physical store anymore.

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
First fairy 8.4.15; 2nd 7.6.17
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: May 24th, '20, 20:51    

Moi

It's ridiculous o_O
I tried to breathe different ways and it still fogged them up xD
I don't know what to do because I can't see with my glasses fogged up, but I also can't see without them on .__.

Online component is a good idea. I like ordering stuff online.
I know Dominos is getting good business. I see their delivery people everywhere xD

There was a store I'd been shopping at since I was a kid.
It went out of business a few years ago and it made me want to cry.
When I heard it was closing, I went online to see if their online store would remain, but nope.
Store's 100% gone now.
It makes me sad still, especially since they turned the building into a mattress store Bu
There's like 20 of those in the general area.

When a business closes, it's like someone's dream died. And it makes me so sad xD
My dad and his ex, who died recently, had purchased a deli.
They loved working there and my dad still says he misses it.
They were losing more money than they were making, so they ended up losing it.
It sucks because they had a passion and enjoyed what they did.
But it ended.

(0) (0)

"I'll miss the winter
I know you hear me,

[ 10326 posts ]