Maybe Yay!  15%  [ 11 ]
Maybe Nay!  16%  [ 12 ]
Dogs  31%  [ 23 ]
Total votes : 74
 Post subject: Re: The Gem Room
Posted: Apr 14th, '20, 18:26    

Rubie

Hugs: 134690
Man, that when I would just start watching them without him if he can't compromise. I have no heart for that lol. Or figure out a solution that would make both happy, but that would be hard.
I've done most of my spring cleaning besides the floors since I mowed and it rained so lots of grass got tracked in. I did find some spots I forgot to dust so I'll be doing a round two dusting.

How old is she? I don't think Annie will ever be okay with getting brushed.

(0) (0)
Buying Lots of Stuff!

Come chat with me?

Posted: Apr 14th, '20, 18:35    

lunar_eclipse66

Hugs: 71531
Mood: I can hear the wires pullin'
I've been watching them without him for the most part. The problem is he works from home now and its mostly on call work and responding to emails so he's home when i'm home and has all of this free time. We have a few shows we watch together and that's all he wants to watch when i get home. Also I should have explained this better, the shows he won't compromise on are still subtitled and he has a really hard time keeping up with subtitles.

(0) (0)
Real talk for a moment: Can we Go back to that month that Pokemon Go was released. Everyone was so happy and the only people down my throat were old men at work who complained about a cell phone app kids were playing. Can we have that? Please.
I have a hangout now but its rather lonely. Wanna come in and read a story?
We're All a Little Bit Insane Inside...
I'm an artwhore: x-broken-wish-x Silly Chu

Posted: Apr 14th, '20, 19:00    

Rubie

Well I can understand that then. I am used to reading subtitles, but sometimes they go too fast I have to rewind to catch them again.

(0) (0)
Buying Lots of Stuff!

Come chat with me?

Posted: Apr 14th, '20, 23:25    

lunar_eclipse66

I’m pretty good at reading them and in fact prefer them sometimes.

(0) (0)
Real talk for a moment: Can we Go back to that month that Pokemon Go was released. Everyone was so happy and the only people down my throat were old men at work who complained about a cell phone app kids were playing. Can we have that? Please.

Posted: Apr 15th, '20, 01:59    

Rubie

I kind of think subtitles are on of the reason why I can get into an anime series more than regular TV shows. I tried watch Anne with an e a while back while I cross stitched and I got half way through the 2(?) Hours first episode and went nah, I don't care for this. Even though I heard it was really good.

(0) (0)
Buying Lots of Stuff!

Come chat with me?

Posted: Apr 15th, '20, 04:13    

lunar_eclipse66

I used to watch anime all the way back when you had to watch them in horrible quality on youtube with subtitles and with episodes separated into 3 parts. Yeah i can’t really do things while watching anime because then i miss stuff because i have to read. It is useful though when i can’t watch something loud because i don’t miss any dialogue.

(0) (0)

Posted: Apr 15th, '20, 15:10    

Rubie

I don't watch as much as I used too (I keep track, but back then I didn't but I knew I would watch 100+ series a year up until 5-6 years ago now it's like 15-20 plus whatever is interesting form each season, with the exception of this year where I decided to watch a show from every letter of the alphabet). I tend to be on youtube more than anything watching crafts, games, etc. I remember those old school youtube days. That was what opened me up to watching more than what I would catch on adult swim, toonami, and a random channel that was part of the cable package.

I woke up and it was snowing! I didn't think the forecast called for snow at all. Viktor was super excited though since snow is his favorite.

(0) (0)
Buying Lots of Stuff!

Come chat with me?

Posted: Apr 15th, '20, 18:59    

lunar_eclipse66

Old youtube was what got me to expand my anime watching too! That and i eventually found some sites that have a lot of anime uploaded. I used to have the funimation channel when i was a teenager. They played mostly the same stuff over and over though.

100+ anime is a lot. I don’t think i’ve watch that much in a year.

Snow! We got some last week. Now we just have rain and wind.

(0) (0)

Posted: Apr 15th, '20, 19:03    

Rubie

I tried to get some anime channel when I was a teen but the company we used didn't carry it.

Yeah, I was a lonely college student. Funnily enough I tried to join the anime club, but I was too awkward and the person I would get close to one week wouldn't come the next and I got tired of sitting by myself during the get togethers.

It's all gone now, but that was wild. I even dug out my winter coat to wear.

(0) (0)
Buying Lots of Stuff!

Come chat with me?

Posted: Apr 15th, '20, 19:09    

lunar_eclipse66

That’s okay. I found a bunch of anime nerds in college and i’m getting married to one of them. When we first started dating we didn’t know we both liked anime because we started going out soon after we met and we basically played a game of chicken with it where we’d want to say it but then get nervous about it.

(0) (0)

[ 476 posts ]