Maybe Nay!  16%  [ 12 ]
Dogs  31%  [ 23 ]
Total votes : 74
 Post subject: Re: The Gem Room
Posted: Apr 7th, '19, 17:33    

Rubie

Hugs: 134521
Hello!

It was beautiful. It was a tour (I which was fine until the end where we had no free time after we ended the day with the group because it was 8-9 and we were pooped from the day) so we did a lot of traveling through the countryside which I really wanted to see. For so many people that live there, there is still a lot of nature. It amazes me. Also, my mom was upset that she didn't get to see as many cherry blossoms as she wanted to.

(0) (0)
Buying Lots of Stuff!

Come chat with me?

Posted: Apr 7th, '19, 17:59    

Limikkin

Hugs: 48365
I understand your mom! There are never enough cherry blossoms xD
But it sounds really amazing. One day I wanna see all that myself :P

Did you just go and see the countryside or also famous places in larger cities?

(0) (0)
Follow my Sketchbook Journey from 2018-2022. I have posted one page a day for everyone to see on:
Patreon - Ko-Fi - Instagram

Posted: Apr 7th, '19, 18:32    

Rubie

We did get to see some places that had them fully bloomed, but they weren't really starting to bloom in most places. Technically the cherry blossom season started when we ended. My mom friended to tour guide on Facebook and he posted a picture of them fully bloomed in one of the places we were at.
I already want to go back.

We did both big cities and small towns. We started in Tokyo and ended up going in a circle and finished in Osaka. We went to two of the islands. One didn't have a birsge from one island to the other and the side we we're on so we took a ferry. I never heard of these places before outside of the major cities.

(0) (0)
Buying Lots of Stuff!

Come chat with me?

Posted: Apr 7th, '19, 19:32    

Limikkin

So you and your mom get cherry blossom updates now? xD
You could go back next year. Just a tiny bit later than you went this time.

You went to Osaka? Awesome :O
Did you see the Osaka Castle?

(I have watched too much Detective Conan xD I know different places because he has a few friends all over Japan.)

(0) (0)
Follow my Sketchbook Journey from 2018-2022. I have posted one page a day for everyone to see on:

Posted: Apr 7th, '19, 20:23    

Rubie

Well, the tour guide just posts pictures for the tour company he works for on his facebook so that's how my mom knows.

No, we didn't have much time there. we got there at 8 at night, and of course, they put us in the middle of the business district, so we literally walked around until we found a place to eat and it wasn't until 10 we got back to our room. We had until 2 pm the next day so we walked to a mall (I really wanted to go to the jump shop)

OH YOU WATCHED CONAN TOO? (I've watched most of the anime besides the last 6-7 episodes and I'm working my way reading the manga now) At the tea ceremony place we went to Kyoto had detective conan tea bowls. My mom had the one with my homeboy Heiji on it and I had to keep my cool because I started freaking out a little.

(0) (0)
Buying Lots of Stuff!

Come chat with me?

Posted: Apr 7th, '19, 20:48    

Limikkin

It's indirect/passive updates anyway :mcargh:

Awww, sounds like poor timing for Osaka. That's sad. But next time! xD

Yessss, I own the Detective Conan Mangas until Nr 66 and have read them until something around 80 or 90. My partner and I own all the movies.
I have watched most of the anime as child, but there are still many episodes missing that I have never seen.
Oh, I have also read the Detective Conan Short Stories that have been written and drawn by Gosho Aoyama's Assistants :D

Heiji is awesome :P

(0) (0)

Posted: Apr 7th, '19, 20:58    

Rubie

Yeah, I'm hoping to have more time next time I go. Everyone says I need to go visit somewhere else, but I just love Japan too much (went twice, once for school for about two weeks, and last time was my graduation present). Someday I might visit other countries, but I still haven't had my fill of Japan.

OH NICE! I am only around volume 32 I believe. I would love to buy them, but they are only digital and the NA version has the Americanized names still. Like no, it's not Jimmy and Rachel. It bothers me too much.
I started it when I was younger because it was on tv, but ended up rewatching those episodes and the rest over the past 3 years. I mostly skipped the filler episodes because they don't do anything for me. That's why I haven't watched anime for a while because it's been fillers.

Heiji is my favorite. Whenever he shows up, I know I'm going to have a good time watching/reading.

(0) (0)
Buying Lots of Stuff!

Come chat with me?

Posted: Apr 7th, '19, 21:13    

Limikkin

May I ask where you are from? Because I am from Germany and I need around 30 minutes to the closest two countries.
Why should you not go more than once or twice to a country you love? I know people that go to Mallorca once each year... so why not Japan?

Jimmy and Rachel?! Oh my god! So happy they used the japanese names in our translation x'D
Even though one can absolutely see when the translator changes here. Because we have Heiji Hatsutori and Heiji Hattori :mcheh:

I think Detective Conan is the only anime that I ever enjoyed the filler episodes of! He is still solving cases and it is fun to watch :P

I have to admit that my favorite is Gin :mcargh:
But I also like Heiji and Haibara a lot. And Ran. And Kaito xD

(0) (0)

Posted: Apr 7th, '19, 22:36    

Rubie

I'm from the United States, so I can either drive to Canada or Mexico, but they are still quite a bit of time away. Canada is closer to me though. I've been to the Bahamas twice on cruises and Japan twice, and that's it unless you count other states. Everyone around here is obsessed with Mexico or Europe. No one really is interested in going to Asian countries.

Yeah, it's terrible. They have other characters renamed too. It's so cringy. But they did this back when anime and manga weren't really well known here. I didn't mind it as a kid, but now that I'm older, oh nope, doesn't fly with me. LOL That's kind of funny. I understand when they don't know the correct spelling, but then, you would think being a translator, they would? I can't say much since I only really know English.

I mean, it didn't help I looked ahead and got excited for stuff to come so I got impatient (I still watched them, but paying attention to them was a different story...)

They don't get enough screen time for me to have a bigger opinion of the black organization.

(0) (0)
Buying Lots of Stuff!

Come chat with me?

Posted: Apr 8th, '19, 00:08    

Limikkin

That's why I asked. x'D USA is so big, there is nothing but USA around you. Europe is so small compared to the States that we can travel through several countries within one day or even several hours. Also, it is way easier for us to feel "foreign". And cheaper... because we just cross the next border x'D

They renamed some characters here as well. For example the Sailor Warriors. Sailor Mercury was Sailor Merkur. Or Usagi was Bunny (but I think they got that from the American dubs xD). But I still prefer Sailor Merkur because I was used to it. And it is not the same amount of renaming as... Shinichi and Jimmy...

I think the problem with Heiji's name is that it is written Hatsutori, but the TSU part is written really small to show that it is pronounced Hattori. So the first translator, who wrote Hatsutori, really wasn't that good in japanese x'D

Hm... I have no idea how it is in the anime, but there are many informations about the Organisation in the Manga and the movies.

(0) (0)

[ 476 posts ]